Woosh - more dreadful service

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
@dmsims - it does rather look like Woosh are making an effort to put things right, and that it's simply a poor courier experience.

May I suggest a collaborative approach so that remaining difficulties can be brought to a close? That will assist you greatly if you need to speak with Woosh in the near future on the telephone - it'll be much less stressful on both sides.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
yes i do think it time to put this thread to a close, as much as i have enjoyed reading it , it could end up longer than Neptunes great thread on ecigs
I have to agree.
The service fell short this one time and is untypical of Whoosh who try so hard to give good service.
I know how it feels to run a company and bend over backwards to try to give a perfect service to customers, somewhere along the line you get crucified if you let someone down, even if it's not directly your fault you feel dreadful. Sometimes even if you try to make amends the customer may be so upset that they don't always behave in their normal reasonable way and fail to accept that we are all human and sometimes fall short of perfection.
I once lost a consignment of granite when the ship sank on the high seas, there was no appeasing that customer who branded us as unreliable, also after a break in when I lost quotation paperwork and customer phone number my prospective customer became completely unreasonable and went elsewhere.
These things hurt when you are conscientious as I am confident Hatti is.
Surely everything has been said on this thread now and folk can make up their own minds if they wish.
Please can it be ended so it doesn't keep getting bumped to the top.
Dave.

Reactions: trex

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
I don't think it's a good idea to close a thread, unless it gets completely out of hand (there was one about a frame fault ages ago that got such treatment). Closing may encourage the OP (in general) to create a new thread, which is an annoyance for those of us who don't like to see duplicate discussions.

It'll burn itself out eventually, hopefully with the OP detailing how things have been resolved.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
PF collected the old bike so this is postmortem.
I thought D C summed it up very nicely.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I'm in total agreement with the rest of what you wrote.
Well this is a first. In an effort to be more agreeable, I will agree with your agreement, to do otherwise could be construed as being disagreeable.

Maybe my initial assesment was a bit harsh, but when one company appoints another to carry out work on their behalf, they must accept some responsibility for that company's performance.

Reactions: oldtom and SRS

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I could mention a couple of things, but I won't.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
OK let's stick to the facts

The house number, street name

is a red herring. I f you use Parcelforce postcode lookup (or any other) there is no street name or house number

There is one road through the village and no house numbers at all.

If you put the post code into Google maps the marker is right outside the house and we are the only house with a name visible from the road at that point

On the 21st when I emailed after 4pm about no collection you responded saying they were still coming - they did not

The bike was not collected on the 29th because it was never booked for collection on that day

You simply ignored my email saying:
"When you can arrange a reliable courier please get in touch"

I see you have not apologised for your outrageous unfounded allegations concerning the cycle scheme please do so and edit your post(s) to reflect the truth
I live in a culdesac that has a street name, and house numbers, but all 24 houses have the same post code. However, the house numbers are sequential not alternate - 1,2 3 down the road, not 1,3 5, 7 down one side and evens down the other side. We live at number 8, between 7 and 9. Our house is slightly set back, and has a house number, nevertheless drivers/delivery people see 7 and 9 then look for 8 on the otherside of the road, but find 11, 12 and 13, and are absolutely confounded they cannot find the house! Time and time again I have had to go out, wave them down and show where number 8 is. I now have a 12" black number 8 on our white garage door in an attempt to resolve this problem, and we have had it for 22 years. So even in a simple street with only one entrance and exit you can get amazing problems

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
As a prospective customer of Woosh I read this sorry tale with interest.
Will it put me off buying from Woosh? - absolutely not.
I have talked to Hattie about her product range and found her both helpful and knowledgeable.
Email enquiries to the technical department have been answered both in a detailed and timely fashion.
The Woosh website is excellent, and if I buy I'm certain they will try to give me good service.
Would I buy from them mail order living in rural Wales where we have no road name and where we have one post code for the entire village? - yes but would be mindful of the points raised in this thread.
I will probably take the 450 mile round trip to Southend to try out a couple of bikes anyway.
Good luck Hattie, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. :rolleyes:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
It happens. Try unfortunate.
i agree, i too have had a very good experience with Woosh so far (in dealing with delivery a nd ttransit damage to bike) - which i cant say for many other companies ive had to deal with. before becoiming so very very upset and superior i think its usually a good idea to reflect on how well one deals with customers in ones own working life, i.e. to judge others teh way one4 judge oneself, sorry to get all sanctimonious..

Reactions: flecc

dmsims

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2010
South Devon
Quite

I would move heaven and earth if I had treated a customer like this (and I never have)

I would not insult them, make defamatory comments or blame another company when it is the retailers responsibility and I would apologise

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Still an unhappy bunny? Didn't Woosh say they had the bike back so have they sorted the substantive issue?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
@dmsims: I don't see that Hatti has insulted you, and even if she had, I'm not sure you'd persuade us of it, unless it was particularly clear-cut. It's not that you won't be believed exactly - it's just that, when presented with a he-said-she-said ding-dong, people's normal response is to regard it as an aberration, a misunderstanding, or a clash of personality.

I've had my own disagreements with a e-bike supplier in the past. I blogged about my negative experience, but decided not to post about it here, perhaps partly because of the above. Also, whilst I was frustrated, I was mindful that their business (and Hatti's too) had many happy customers, and I wasn't going to win any converts by asking people not to shop with them.

In the end I did a telephone feedback session with that supplier, taking over an hour to examine how things could be improved, and the response was honest and reassuring. Reading Hatti above makes me entirely confident that she would do the same in your case.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Well I haven't visited the forum as much as I should have recently but I have found this thread very interesting.
I sympathise with the OP's problems but my impression of Woosh and Hatti purely from reading posts here is that they are a good company and Hatti is a very likeable, humorous and helpful person who cares about her customers.
We've all done it I am sure but sometimes maintaining an angry, miffed attitude does not often help situations and it is better to accept things do on occasion go wrong despite our best efforts and to just chill out, relax and smile at life's absurdities.
Barry.

Last edited: