Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
yep just found that throttle speed setting the side number after the para set - thanks

Anyway I have just tested both YO1 LCD on the YOSE controller and yep it's gone and made a FOOL of ME, both now taper off at 17mph so I am off to get tested for CRAZYo_O

It seems a bit odd though when I first got the 250w I went out with my mate and no matter what I did with the settings it shut off power at 15 I remember it well, going from 19mph on the 350w Dill to the YOSE... Now I am not sure what I experienced!!!!

From now on just ignore my crazy! I am off to fit my first rear hub motor now -- this will be fun!:eek:

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
No load speed for me will be just above 40 km/h and on the road I would say 35-ish. I really don't know exactly because I have set the speed limit to 35 km/h to feel just a little bit legal(ish) :)

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
legal(ish)
Sweet - Mines is back up to speed now thank the heavens!

Feels strange having the motor under the seat, its a B to pick up from under the seat now to move it about, soooo heavy!

Anyway my old fav now - Torque arm - the only pace it will fit is shown in the picture, not very well though... [IT WILL BE ON THE OTHER SIDE] before I proceed has anyone got any objections to this position, last time I tried, some guy(not on here) politely ripped me a new one for having my front T-arm in the wrong place....

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On the brake side will be fine, tis where mine is. Fortunately I have a spare eyelet above and behind the axle so made a simple one piece TA.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No load speed for me will be just above 40 km/h and on the road I would say 35-ish. I really don't know exactly because I have set the speed limit to 35 km/h to feel just a little bit legal(ish) :)
Tbh you may as well go the full hog if setting to 35km/h.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
On the brake side will be fine.
Nice - thanks

EDIT I didn't like my new t-arm, shame really it was a quality t-arm it just didn't fit right anyway I bodged this up with my old t-arms...

And that little "monopoly" player piece in the box from yose anyone know what it is?t arm and question mark.png

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Last time I was there you still drove on the left, though. (I should visit again)

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Olleman - You were not kidding, when you mentioned the motor to controller length, even with my "under seat" controller bag it was a stretch I do have an extension cable and have used it, I would fear over-stretching that cable + it does not look very tidy coming out of the motor, I now have mine sat right away from the derailleur and looking sweet... I would look for a short extension cable locally, TopBkit only has a 1.7m one lol - the kit comes with a 4to1 extension cable but I see no need for that a motor one would be better.

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Yeah, mine is quite stretched at the moment but it works....I think it's gonna be difficult to find it locally.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
difficult to find it locally.
That is a real shame and a downer that your officials put a charge on items coming from china, this is my cable fitting with the extension added and I have been out for a long ride and the rubber end cap stayed in place. Just waiting on my DNP freewheel and the first part of the spring project is complete, ahead of schedule!
Cable tidy rear hub.jpg

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
So I added some solder to the shunt of one of my YOSE controllers and got fair results on the test ride, however during this ride the rear motor sent a noticeable vibration through the bike on set off from junctions, as with my front hub I tend to throttle a little, only matched at PAS 1 for a boost then pedal, so after a bit of reading about too much torque for set off I changed the controller to the new kit and there is still a little vibration from stop to start via throttle, I can't think that the front hubs had this problem. Is it a problem?? I did have some heavy shopping in my backpack and at one point the motor kicked out a large vibration until I went to PAS 0 and freewheeled, then started up again and the large vibration had gone. any thoughts??

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
First che k thatyour motor conne tor is fully in and that any connectors ar the controller are tight. If they're all definitely OK, then your motor is losing sync with the controller so you have to play with the settings P1 and C2.

Whatever is causing it, you'll blow the controller if you try to give it full power while like that.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On a ride out the other week I had a play with C2 settings and anything bar value 0 & the phase sync was out and horrible noise from the controller.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
First che k thatyour motor conne tor
I did, but now you mention it I forgot about the motor extension cable I added, I will check that now - thanks

horrible noise from the controller
I never thought the noise could come from the controller, I just assumed it was the motor!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Now I have many questions so apologies in advance...

This question is with regards to my front hub 350w, could changing hall sensors effect the phase of the motor/controller?

Now back to the YOSE 350w rear...

I checked the cables all are connected, I have thought I may have a problem with the motor extension cable but it did run on the YOSE 250w and that was running well before I took it off...

I started up the bike this morning and nothing, no errors etc... then changed C2 to 2 and still nothing then C2=3 and it started again, still with a set off vibration, C2=4 fared a little better only a very slight vibration in set off so I went for C2=5 and that was perfect... however not for long, now it makes a click noise from start up then briefly power dies then "clicks" back in again. My hands got cold and it started raining but it felt like C2 only went up to 5 even though it states 0-7 in the manual but I will have another go after lunch!

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
Hi, quite new to this forum, started cycling to work and realised that fighting gravity is hard work. After changing my mind on numerous occasions, I have now decided that I should get a yosepower 36v 350w rear hub kit for my Raleigh Pioneer hybrid.
Now the yosepower website has the 36volt 350watt for £315 + delivery, but the site seems to be a bit confusing as delivery says £18 to France ?
https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-36V350W-Black-Hub-Motor-for-Rear-Wheel-28"(700C)-&-HL1-36V13Ah-Battery-Conversion-Kit-DIY-E-bike-112.html

Have you guys bought from there or is it better/safer to buy from eBay uk
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V13Ah-Battery-36V350W-Ebike-Conversion-kit-28-700c-Rear-Hub-Motor-Freewheel/222817723972?epid=2178271854&hash=item33e0f8a644:g:ld8AAOSwaxlZjZnb
£369.90

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
£18 to France
You should be able to change that to the UK mine cost £15 without battery

edit ebay ysbattery-2012 same company