Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Have you guys bought from there
Yes - I got the rear 350w 36v kit WITHOUT battery and I am having some issues with its operation as of today.

HOWEVER everyone who got the BLACK kit with battery and stealth controller seems to be very happy.
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/yose-power-350w-rear-drive-kit-review-and-stuttering-fault.33499/page-3

phase sync
What can cause phase/sync issues is it just the controller or could it be the motor, the wiring inside the motor or the external motor cables or anything else??

I took mine out to video the problem but I did not push it to hard, went back out this afternoon without cam, to test it on the bumpy dog/walk/cycle path took the short steep hill at the end of the track on PAS 5 and the controller/motor noise was major loud, then it failed.:mad:

Motor freewheeled home.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With the Yose set up there are no learning wires any controller phase sync is dealt with electronically via LCD, C2 value 0 is the default setting. If you are having issues try a complete system reset using C10 parameter.

With phase issues by way of noise then controller isn't in sync with the phase, you should not continue riding or force the issue until remedied. in you case you have found out what happens, you bugger the controller.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
force the issue until remedied
Catch 22 then... Yose want a video of the problem! Could it be a problem with the motor or would be confined to the controller?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It can be vaused by just about anything, but if the motor works OK at low power, it's not likely to be anything inside the motor.

The most likely cause would be a connection issue, but running like that with full power can damage the controller, so the problem shifts from one cause to another. The only way to find it is to rest and measure your way to the cause. You test the hall sensors and MOSFETs. If they're all OK and the connections are OK, it'll most likely be the settings in the controller.

I don’t know how many times we have to say it, but here it is again. You must never give a motor full power if it isn't running properly or you'll be looking for a new controller.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
test the hall sensors and MOSFETs
I'l have a look for a vid on how to test everything.

Edit wouldn't opening the controller to test the mosfets void my warranty??

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You don't need to open it. Search this forum. I already explained how to do it several times in the last few weeks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Yose kits are all Julet so the task is made a bit harder.

Reactions: PC2017

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Use the pins on the battery receiver, and from there it's not difficult to pick out the three big pins in the motor connector.

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
I decided just now that I would be better buying a front kit for my bike. So I looked on the web site and found that the choice of front kits are not so large as the rear one. The front is 250watts as opposed to 350, there are no wheel and battery packs either.

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
Just as well, a rear motor is always better.
You think so? I was looking at it from an installation view point, I have never done any more than a tyre, tube, chain change etc.

Looks like I will have to get the 28" rear package then. How good are the tools that you get, are they good enough for taking the crank off or will I be better buying a bike tool kit.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
a front kit for my bike
I had 2 front kits - no problems with them just a pain to fit on front suspension. 250w can be a tad slow in head wind and up hills but hey more exercise!

not difficult to pick out the three big pins in the motor connector
Yer but a bit tricky attaching the multi meter ends to it and spinning a motor - I have found your post about TESTING and yes I will endeavour to try all the methods listed...

Does all your testing and diagnostic work come in DOA? if a hall sensor was dead would the motor not turn? If I had a dead mosfet would the motor still work?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You think so? I was looking at it from an installation view point, I have never done any more than a tyre, tube, chain change etc.
I wouldn't say there's much difference in installation. Even if there is, would you want to save 10 minutes of installation to spoil years of riding your bike? A rear motor gives a much better ride and is safer.

Yes, it's not easy to test the halls if you have the 9 pin connector on the motor and at the controller end. I have a spare connector with just the open wires on it for testing. Unfortunately you can only get something like that from an old controller or similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: davie150

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
10 minutes of installation
Took me 3 hours to get my freewheel off. if you customise your LCD settings then safety shouldn't be an issue, I crashed once and that was with a 350w front hub in the rain and the rear slipped out, luckily I was only doing 10 mph... Front hubs have tendency to spin out a little on fine gravel from start off and the front is heavier than you'll be use to.

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
I was thinking of buying a brand new 6 gear freewheel and put that on to the new wheel when it arrives so that would save me faffing around with the old one

I asked about the tools that you get with the kits, are they good enough for a one of installation or should I buy some tools before hand, if so what ones?
I have be bought a set of T handle hex keys and have socket sets etc. I am asking more about the crank removal tools

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
If the crank removal tool isn't any good it's a fair bet your local Halfords will have one - so I'd wait and see.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
6 gear freewheel
I did that lol the DNP freewheel took another week to arrive, I just couldn't wait to fit the kit - the crank tool is ok, read several pages back for context.

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
I did that lol the DNP freewheel took another week to arrive, I just couldn't wait to fit the kit - the crank tool is ok, read several pages back for context.
I hope so, because I have ordered the 36v350w rear hub from yosepower this afternoon.