Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Note that Bafang is setting up a factory in Poland
That could be good news, one would assume that the factory would supply the EU and not ship it back to China lol, however would this sell parts to the end user or would it be solely B2B sales??

the UK will be out of the EU.
I have a feeling average joe public wont notice any changes were EU imports are concerned, like you say things will stay as is for at least another year then I doubt there would be little change for those wishing to purchase low value items for the EU for personal use as for China imports things might change for the better, I would hope a new Chinese trade deal would look the same as anotherkiwi mentions with a £100 upper limit! I may even petition my local MP to do away the UK £15.00 upper limit before VAT is added!

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Anything I buy from China is VAT and duty free if the price is under 100€. The other solution is to buy from a company that has an EU warehouse like PSWpower, VAT is included (theoretically) in the price.

Note that Bafang is setting up a factory in Poland so in the near future Bafang products will be VAT inclusive on the EU market and of course duty free.
great

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
just had a thought, my latest order - another yose hub kit is for a hydraulic braked bike so was thinking of just connecting up the brake lever supplied in the kit and using it as a motor cut out not as a brake, so one bar side will have 2 levers, possibility to even cut the motor cut off lever shorter like a2 finger brake lever, what are the thoughts

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
i was going to buy a cable disc brake setup, but thats going backwards, and the price of the hydralic switch is ludicrous in my mind, for a sticky pad and wire???

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
hydraulic braked
You COULD buy different 4t1 cable with red female ends and swap the YOSE 4t1 cable that should open you up a cheaper option for brake sensors than going to YOSE however it may end up being the same price in total as the YOSE brake sensors, you may save a few quid if you look at cheaper shipping or free shipping, my sensors cam with another brand kit and I have only used the YOSE wired brake senors once. You'll have to be careful when ordering to get it right otherwise you could waste money... I will upload some pics(cable ends) of my brake senor setup if you want??

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Dual mode Brushless
Usually applies to VOLTAGE not wattage, eg the my YOSE 350w kit came with the same 36v 15amp controller as the YOSE 250w kit did, wattage is just the recommend endurance of the motor run over a period of time... a 350w motor can operate at 350w for a "day" constantly without over heating or causing a failure this does not mean this motor can not handle more than 350w as 15amp on PAS 5 can supply the motor with over 500w

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
You COULD buy different 4t1 cable with red female ends and swap the YOSE 4t1 cable that should open you up a cheaper option for brake sensors than going to YOSE however it may end up being the same price in total as the YOSE brake sensors, you may save a few quid if you look at cheaper shipping or free shipping, my sensors cam with another brand kit and I have only used the YOSE wired brake senors once. You'll have to be careful when ordering to get it right otherwise you could waste money... I will upload some pics(cable ends) of my brake senor setup if you want??
thanks PC2017, I am looking at getting an LCD3 and a controller as my latest purchase of a yose hub has a lishui controller, does the lishui controller have user interaction ie user adjustable parameters, BTW I havent received my latest hub motor yet

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Usually applies to VOLTAGE not wattage, eg the my YOSE 350w kit came with the same 36v 15amp controller as the YOSE 250w kit did, wattage is just the recommend endurance of the motor run over a period of time... a 350w motor can operate at 350w for a "day" constantly without over heating or causing a failure this does not mean this motor can not handle more than 350w as 15amp on PAS 5 can supply the motor with over 500w
so my question is , is the controller I linked to the KT controller I should get to replace my lishui controller, the supplied LCD is as per the picture, does anyone have any info on this controller LCD setup pros and cons as opposed to a KT controller and a LCD3

Attachments

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
my lishui controller
I am following you now... I have no experience with these Lishui controllers/LCD... Its always good to know the in and outs of Amps and Voltage where controllers and batteries are concerned, I would assume you could swap out these controllers and LCD from lishui and use the KT(Kunteng) controller and LCD as this (I think) was cleared up by others earlier on in this thread, best to look back and check what others have put. And yes what you linked above is a fair choice the LCD3 if its cheaper that is a good LCD and you can change all the settings if needed, Just make sure all the cables are the right connectors as they are for the Lishui they do look the like they are JULET connectors - HOWEVER that controller is 20 amp, most cheaper batteries would be ok to go up to 17/18 amp so if assuming you are using a 36V battery you would need to use the LCD3 settings to reduce the amp draw to 15-18 amps otherwise you could damage your battery if you bezz around on PAS 5 full throttle all the time.

Don't forget that controller and LCD3 is costly and could jam you up at customs depend on the place you live and how strict the customs and postal service is.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Email YOSE for the manual for the Lishui and KTLCD3 manuals then you can compare LCD's

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Lishui have not parameters to mess about with for the user except the usual changing of wheel size, speed limit and time.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
so has anyone used a lishui controller here, or the combo controller lcd that I am getting? any reviews or feedback from anyone?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I fitted the new 22 amp dual voltage controller to the Yose 350w motor today and set the amp draw to 16.54 amps (c5=5), a quick lap round the block everything seemed in order, PAS 5 topping out at 550w(ish) then levelling out to 360w at 18 mph with pedal power. Due to my battery I wouldn't think I'll be increasing the amp draw any more. I am now ready for phase 2 the battery upgrade to 48V.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Here's a quandary for all - Most controllers come off the production line and get given a printed sticker, on that it states that the amperage for this unit is +-XX amps, assuming the reason behind this "+-" is for either component variance or they might have changed components during production due to stock problems to a slightly different however compatible component... Could this apply to other components that would be responsible for the low voltage cut off? and while we are on this subject of low voltage cut, what would be the absolute minimum voltage of a 10s 36v battery/BMS? Technically and practically

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
30 - 31v but most BMS will cut 32 - 33v.

mags2

Pedelecer
May 20, 2018
UK
30 - 31v but most BMS will cut 32 - 33v.
Has anyone else had a rain power cut out issue with this kit?

It’s been sometime since I got this kit thanks to the posters here and im quite happy with it but until now never had to use it in heavy rain. Well turns out it doesn’t like that so im wondering what’s the most likely reason?

I don’t have a throttle and the connector is covered plus the display seemed fine. It was like it didn’t pick up the pas properly and kept repeatedly starting and cutting out the motor. It was fine later on the way back. Im wondering if water gets in the pass or breaks perhaps. Everything else should be pretty well protected I think?