Yosepower hub kits.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Any recommendations on a 48v controller that I can just plug and play
This controller is plug and play with your Yose kit, apart from maybe the battery connectors, but it's larger than the one you have, but it will run cooler at high power levels. It may not fit in your existing bag, so check dimensions on the ad. It is also 22 amp, which is a little high for your motor, so adjust C5 setting to 7-8 which will give you around 18-19 amps.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Don't forget that you don't need as much current at 48v as you do with 36v. I use a 14 amp one, which i find is plenty of power for normal riding, including steep hills, though if I were commuting and wanted to cruise at over 20 mph, I'd probably go for higher current.

Joeyp1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 21, 2019
This controller is plug and play with your Yose kit, apart from maybe the battery connectors, but it's larger than the one you have, but it will run cooler at high power levels. It may not fit in your existing bag, so check dimensions on the ad. It is also 22 amp, which is a little high for your motor, so adjust C5 setting to 7-8 which will give you around 18-19 amps.
Amazing! Thanks so much. Ordered.

Joeyp1

Nov 21, 2019
What size would you guess are the bullet connectors for the battery? I'll just need to buy an extension between the controller and battery. 4mm? Or should I wait for them both to arrive.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
What size would you guess are the bullet connectors for the battery? I'll just need to buy an extension between the controller and battery. 4mm? Or should I wait for them both to arrive.
Connectors? I always hard-wire my batteries.

GarryBlack

Dec 7, 2019
Hey all, I hope you're all well. Just ordered a Yosepower 350w 36v rear hub in silver, really excited for it to arrive! I have one question if anyone would have any input on the topic. I've gone through a lot of different forum posts and tutorial videos with regards to the rear hub motor and I keep seeing people advising to use a "torque arm". The Yosepower kit comes with some washers but no torque arm, is it a good idea to order a torque arm for extra safety? P.S the bike I'm converting is a Trek FX 3 which has an Alpha Gold Aluminium Frame. This aluminum frame is what has me wanting to go for the torque arm.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It looks like Yose Power are in the process of changing to suppling Lishui controllers and LCD displays with some of their kits. A good quality brand, but prob. worth noting for the future. It will mean the need for a new LCD for anyone planning controller upgrades.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Hey all, I hope you're all well. Just ordered a Yosepower 350w 36v rear hub in silver, really excited for it to arrive! I have one question if anyone would have any input on the topic. I've gone through a lot of different forum posts and tutorial videos with regards to the rear hub motor and I keep seeing people advising to use a "torque arm". The Yosepower kit comes with some washers but no torque arm, is it a good idea to order a torque arm for extra safety? P.S the bike I'm converting is a Trek FX 3 which has an Alpha Gold Aluminium Frame. This aluminum frame is what has me wanting to go for the torque arm.
Bought one off ebay item number 274045349260 Torque Arm for eBike - Rear Wheel 12mm x 10mm 316 Stainless Steel 4mm thickness

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If they are going to use Lishui then getting spares will be only available in general through them as they aren't available openly like the KT which is commonly available. The Lishui has very little user interface except for the basic menu's of speed and wheel size changes.
Any change isn't going to be a game changer and possibly they are changing producer due to some issues that have come to light, we know some on the forum having reliability issues with their KT's. Whether they have had feedback from other users around the globe having similar issues as well won't be known.

I myself have had no great problem with KT's except thermal cut out's which limit the smaller 15a - 20a controllers. so far a larger controller with more fets/heatsink has solved that.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The Lishui has very little user interface except for the basic menu's of speed and wheel size changes.
that's true but in practice, there is no real need to change internal settings like number of magnet poles on the motor unless you change the motor, in which case, the controller can easily be reprogrammed with a new setting file.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Any change isn't going to be a game changer
Sounds like they are going backwards a tad, does this mean the end of throttle and handle bar setup, PAS sensitivity, amp draw, cruise control etc?

Would the motor remain KT compatible?

It would be nice if YOSE could explain there reasons in detail, unless this is just another business and corporate take over of YOSE, I wonder if this will effect the price...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Sounds like they are going backwards a tad, does this mean the end of throttle and handle bar setup, PAS sensitivity, amp draw, cruise control etc?

Would the motor remain KT compatible?

It would be nice if YOSE could explain there reasons in detail, unless this is just another business and corporate take over of YOSE, I wonder if this will effect the price...
The motor will always be compatible with different controllers.

The problem with Lishui controllers is that there are many versions of the software, and in a lot of them, users are locked out of access to key parameters, like speed, power, cut-off voltage.

We can't say what the impact of this change is until somebody studies one of these controllers and/or gets a manual for one. I bet Yosepower don't provide the advanced manual with it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The problem with Lishui controllers is that there are many versions of the software, and in a lot of them, users are locked out of access to key parameters, like speed, power, cut-off voltage.
that's not correct.
speed, power, cut-off voltage etc can be set in LCDs such as the KD58C that we use a lot.
The main thing when I need to reload the firmware is the number of magnet poles and maximum Amps. The controller would still run with the wrong parameters through self learning, just not giving me the confidence that it has been optimised for the target motor. For example, my HL controller is originally set for 17A at the factory, Aikema recommend that their motor on the Faro should not exceed 15A, so I load the Faro's setting file into any Lishui controller that I fit to the Faro to protect the motor. The user can still set individual power (in % of the maximum) for each assist level, just not be able to go over 100%.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
that's not correct.
speed, power, cut-off voltage etc can be set in LCDs such as the KD58C that we use a lot.
The main thing when I need to reload the firmware is the number of magnet poles and maximum Amps. The controller would still run with the wrong parameters through self learning, just not giving me the confidence that it has been optimised for the target motor. For example, my HL controller is originally set for 17A at the factory, Aikema recommend that their motor on the Faro should not exceed 15A, so I load the Faro's setting file into any Lishui controller to protect the motor.
It is correct. Try and change the speed on a Wisper, Freego or Oxygen. They can only be done by special codes and passwords. Others are locked in the firmware, so, no matter what you type into the LCD, nothing changes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It is correct. Try and change the speed on a Wisper, Freego or Oxygen. They can only be done by special codes and passwords. Others are locked in the firmware, so, no matter what you type into the LCD, nothing changes.
I talk about KT versus Lishui in the context of kits, nothing is locked in the LCD.
KT controllers run with fewer LCDs than Lishui.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I talk about KT versus Lishui in the context of kits, nothing is locked in the LCD.
KT controllers run with fewer LCDs than Lishui.
I didn't say that the Yosepower controller is locked. I said that many are. Until somebody confirms how it is with the Yosepower one, we can't say anything. At the moment, there's nothing to say that Yosepower controllers are the same as yours. They might be. They all look the same from the outside.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
KT currently have 9 lcd models which should cover most styles.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I 'm sure dependant on the vendors needs they can be customer programmed so will differ from one to another.
The main advantage of KT's is the user can physically adjust current and use differing PAS /magnet counts with a simple setting change.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
branded SEASON.??
Season is the brand of ebikes Yose sell, when they have any in stock that is.