Yosepower hub kits.

Philg93

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 9, 2019
The stuff comes from china. The UK warehouse only processes the paperwork and stores the stuff temporarily. Basically, they're only a shipping agent. Your order goes to China and your contract is with them.
Presumably they handle the duty and VAT with no extra charges over the eBay price?
And the 'Uk' seller is probably not Yosepower as none of the business details match. The kit is Yosepower but may not backed by their warranty service, at least not directly.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Presumably they handle the duty and VAT with no extra charges over the eBay price?
It'll work the same as what they were doing in Germany/Austria but the charges might be a bit different coulod be slightly dearer or cheaper.

I'm only guessing what they've done. A drop shipping arrangement can be made with one phonecall, so anybody can do it. Oxygen used to use a company in West Thurrrock, where shipping and re-shipping is the main economy. He just ordered the stuff from China. The drop-shipping company did the paperwork and warehoused the stuff when it came. Oxygen sent the customer and dealer orders to the drop-shipping company, who then took the stuff out of their warehouse and shipped it on. You can do it yourself with any product you want to trade from abroad. You only have to deal with customer enquiries/orders and do the marketing. Yose might have a friend in the UK or anybody else that has space to store a few kits and the time to deal with a bit of paperwork.

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Not going to gush, but do want to say I appreciate the help vfr and nealh and the others provide. I popped on because my rear Yose is coming up on 6000kms since I started on it in May and wondered about what might begin to go wrong and whether it would be terminal. Reading through this thread I feel reassured that most things seem possible to replace and cheap to boot. Cheers guys.

Reactions: Scorpio

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Just checked the new YP eBay shop...(my mate wants to buy one, which is why I’m checking on stuff)...what are your thoughts on:
”1000+ cycles” for the battery, and
”120-142mm” hub widths? I really strained to get my chain stays wide enough and I measured them at 135mm...his are carbon(!) and 130mm wide...
Lastly, they say the screen is waterproof - but I’ve avoided the damp like the plague! ( I did put silicone around the wire from the PAS sensor though).

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
@Yak ^ I've been using a Yose kit for 6 months as my only transport (and first E-bike) and it's been great. I like the motor and the battery seems fine ( it actually felt slightly "stronger" after I had used it for a few months).
The downside for me is the controller (by Lisui) as the settings are very "all-or-nothing", I have recently swapped to a different controller (by KT) but not had a chance yet to see if the new one suits my riding style better.
About a year ago Yose changed the controller they supply with kits, for a good comparision search on here for a topic "Lishui controller and LCD vs KT controller and LCD".

I've fitted Yose kits to 2 alloy framed bikes and had to stretch both frames maybe 10mm which was not a problem, I know nothing about carbon frames but first thoughts are it could end very badly ! Have fun :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fitting a hub to a carbon bike isn't worth it, stretching carbon is a no go.
Better off with a more suitable bike.

Adgerolla

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 16, 2020
I ordered a Yosepower CST hub kit form Elifeshop on ebay and it arrived on 22nd Dec, 6 days after placing the order. Warehouse location in Germany and total cost £184.

In the box:
The CST hub came laced in a 700c rim though there are 3 or 4 rim sizes to choose from, rim is silver and black with silver hub. Spokes silver and 13G, the rim is tightly laced with no loose spokes and all giving a nice ping when plucked.
Other kit components;
KT lcd3 with Yose Y01 decaling P & C parameters menu's as per usual, comes with 575mm extender cable.

Controller is KT 15a max with 50v caps so not for use at 13s/48v though 12s should be ok if you keep cell voltage under 41.5v, controller is quite small at 53mm x 84mm x 31mm.

PAS sensor is the KTV12L so ideally for sq taper on the non drive side. If the plastic splines were removed it has a 24mm dia so it possibly could be fitted to work on octalink /hollowtech type crank sets if they are long enough.

Cable set is 4-1 easy fit with Julet connectors, battery lead is the moulded 2 pin /2 part connector with bullet tails on the battery side. Hub motor cable/connector is long and easily reaches the saddle post.

A pair of E brake levers for wired brakes.

Triangle controller bag with logo 220mm L x 180mm D and 18mm bottom ringed cable entry.

A few tools come with the kit;
Crank puller.
Cassette/freewheel tool.
Chain whip.
Allen key set.
Also a couple of gimmicky led spoke lights.

Hub axle is 10 x 12mm and fits straight in replacing any Q or Bafang motor or any other with the same axle, width is std 135mm. I elected to remove my Q128C on my Boardman and the Yose fitted straight in with no gear adjustment needed, I didn't use the supplied KT kit as I already have a dual voltage controller wired up with lcd3 etc.

On Boxing day I rode out for a 65 miles down to Brighton/Shoreham and home and in operation the Yose appears to have good power and doesn't feel far off the Q128c , though in theory should be less as one is 350w and the other 500w and seems as quiet in operation.
At 36v 32km/h Yose CST is a about 1 - 1.5mph faster then the Q under my steam ( I topped out at 22.5 mph on the flat ), Yose is quoted as 270/280 rpm on ebay page so not to dissimilar to the Q which is believed to be 260rpm rather then the 201 stated on BMSB as it easily exceeds 15mph @36v,
The Yose max watts I saw in PAS 5 was 705 with my 20a controller, hub is 350w rated with a sticker that fell off !!!! There is a 350 engraving and serial no on the screw on side plate but this is obscured by the cassette
Power wise I saw watts approx. as;
PAS1 85w.
PAS2 155w.
PAS3 270w.
PAS4 360w.
PAS5 705w.

Next ride out I plan to try 12s lipo or 13s lion to see how nicely it runs, generally though I don't see a lot of issues and should give the Q128c a good run for it's money. Comparatively the Yose works out cheaper then a Q128c kit as there are no shipping or import fees involved.

Great to hear. I am very pleased with my Yose. Just wish I had chosen this kit as it would have fitted without stretching. Mine was the one with the intergrated controller. Anyway it has ended well.... so far!

Last edited:

ComradeOtter

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Just bought one of these kits but realised the pedal assist sensor won't fit my bottom bracket (Hollowtech 2, I should have checked first!), does anyone know if the following from amazon (with the WP connnector) will work fine with this kit?

Presumably I may have to change some settings?

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Hi @ComradeOtter - more experienced folk might have better suggestions but just for info...
I have the same kit and have just fitted it to a bike with a Hollowtech2 crank so it is possible but you would need to modify bits.
I had to open out the center hole in the pedal sensor disk to fit around the bottom bracket, then clip the modified disk to the low-gear cog, reset the gearchange to keep the chain off the low-gear cog.
I didn't use the pedal sensor or disk that came with the kit (I have 2 kits but only 1 sensor & disk), no reason why you can't use the kit parts on your bike. No need to change any setting if you modify the parts that came with the kit.

See photo #4 for a better idea of whats involved https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/yose-350-rear-hub-kit-transplanted-onto-scott.40186/#lg=post-598839&slide=1

For info, you can remove & refit the crank without special tools if you need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: ComradeOtter

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BZ -10 is perfect and compatible simply set C1 to 1.

Reactions: ComradeOtter

ComradeOtter

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Cheers for the replies! To be honest, I'll be fitting the kit after work so really don't want to faff around too much with modifying parts - I had enough trouble fitting the wheel because I didn't remove the disc brake caliper from my frame, so the less hassle the better!

Edit -
@Nealh how would I go about that on a C500 display? Would it be under PAS sensitivity (2-63?) Guess I'll have to play around?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpio

ComradeOtter

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Well, she's now built up - Still needs a little work though - tidying up the wiring and a little filing on the dropouts so the wheel fits properly (at present it's not rideable as the wheel will pop out on high torque!) but beyond that, I'm rather impressed. Should have some first impressions later this evening.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Well, she's now built up - Still needs a little work though - tidying up the wiring and a little filing on the dropouts so the wheel fits properly (at present it's not rideable as the wheel will pop out on high torque!) but beyond that, I'm rather impressed. Should have some first impressions later this evening.
You must fit at least one torque arm. Make sure that the slot is 12mm x10mm, not the more common on Ebay 14mm x 10mm ones.

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017

ComradeOtter

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2021
You must fit at least one torque arm. Make sure that the slot is 12mm x10mm, not the more common on Ebay 14mm x 10mm ones.
Aye I've got one. The current issue is the wheel doesn't quite fit all the way in the dropouts, so the anti-rotation washers won't sit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is quite normal to file out the drops outs by approx 2 - 2.5 mm so the 12mm axle depth sits lower and centrally.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They likely have just stopped shipping to the UK from Germany so closed down the UK site, I expect if one looks on .com or .de site they are operating but not shipping to UK as well.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Elifestore is Chinese they are the ebay store of elifebike who is the parent company of PSWPower.