Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
How did you find ride on road bike with no suspension ?
On front, suspension doesn't really help with potholes either way a pothole will hurt best option is avoidance, my council has an online request a pothole fix if there is a troublesome one on your travels however this could take months to get sorted I have one in the pipeline it's now 4 weeks and its a biggy.

I tend to map routes (in head) for shop runs to avoid crappy roads although this is getting harder as winters progresses. I used the YOSE front now I am using a MXUS front. My suspension was cheap and died within a year after 2 years I replaced with rigid forks and a suspension seat post (NCX) they need a tad of tlc and replacing when worn (IMO)say every 3 years, mines about due.

As for dishing pass on that one google it.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Dish the wheel is to tighten spokes on one side and loosen them on the other so the rim moved left and right relative to the axle. Generally the aim is to get the rim running exactly centrally; for a derailleur rear wheel the spokes are much tighter on the right than the left as the hub spoke left/right holes are not at all equally spaced from the hub centre.

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wheel dish is a term used to centralise the rim between the bikes drop outs.
As above it is about spoke tightning and adjustment .

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017 and rm2001

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
......... the pawls are constantly slipping. ........
If I can't get this spare part I see no other option but to buy a new wheel with motor again which seems really unnecessary and doesn't really solve the problem which lies in the fact that there's a seal missing on these motors that leaves the ball bearings and pawls exposed to water and dirt ingress.
Just my opinion. I have dismantled freewheels and the pawl springs are normally weak so I wouldn't give up on that wheel yet. I would get a half pint of diesel and give the freehub a good soaking and flush out all the dirt and grease, flushing and spining the freehub as you do so. If you can free up the pawls, then let it drip and dry up the whole lot, and lube with a light oil. The bearing in a freehub dont really do any heavy work so you can get away with a certain amount of wear on them.

Reactions: Olleman

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
One quick question. Is the old kt lcd3 display and controller compatible with the new kit's wheel hub? Cheers.

rm2001

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2022
Nice .. did you you have any issues ?
Ie is rear hub easier to install because more leeway on hub positioning fpr disk rotor etc.
I brought (and sent back .. hub was just under 100 mm wide) but .. would still have been issues over rotor, hydraulic caliper and dishing wheel.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Nice .. did you you have any issues ?
Ie is rear hub easier to install because more leeway on hub positioning fpr disk rotor etc.
I brought (and sent back .. hub was just under 100 mm wide) but .. would still have been issues over rotor, hydraulic caliper and dishing wheel.
This bike has hydraulics as well. I had an issue with the disc brake rubbing against the pads however after I removed this plastic which was screwed onto the disc brake mount it runs without rubbing.

Attachments

rm2001

Nov 26, 2022
This bike has hydraulics as well. I had an issue with the disc brake rubbing against the pads however after I removed this plastic which was screwed onto the disc brake mount it runs without rubbing.
Yes my front hub had that plastic insert. Maybe its meant to seal motor if rim / v brakes are used ? Issue was even then front wheel would be tight. I really mean front hub is 100mm wide. So is motor hub = theres no leeway to shift hub axel 10 mm to right to left.
If rear axle 135mm wide plus .. makes me think theres more room to shift hub motor wheel afew mm to left or right assuming hub axle protrudes some mm beyond rear hub drop ins.
Other issue current bike .. rear drop ins are for quick release (ie drop ins are narrow). Front qr too but drop ins 10 mm !!
So you need to triple check all dimensions before buying a kit.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Is the old kt lcd3 display and controller compatible with the new kit's wheel hub
Should do, only one way to find out :p . Nice bike. I normally have different anti-rotation washer in my bags of spares, different styles can allow for different spacing, I also ordered a few custom laser cut spacers(washers) for the dillenger, they came in handy as did some extras "C" washers that came with various t-arms I purchased. I can't say much for rear motors I never got on with mine and went back to front(lol) with suspension forks they are a tight fit & the spacers etc came in real handy although I did slightly stretch the suspension it never caused an issue. I run steel rigid forks now they are a little more forgiving, the mxus fitted nicely but not as centred as the yose( both on v-brakes) but has run well for now although a tad inefficient compared with the yose, quicker though.

Happy holidays to all

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Should do, only one way to find out :p . Nice bike. I normally have different anti-rotation washer in my bags of spares, different styles can allow for different spacing, I also ordered a few custom laser cut spacers(washers) for the dillenger, they came in handy as did some extras "C" washers that came with various t-arms I purchased. I can't say much for rear motors I never got on with mine and went back to front(lol) with suspension forks they are a tight fit & the spacers etc came in real handy although I did slightly stretch the suspension it never caused an issue. I run steel rigid forks now they are a little more forgiving, the mxus fitted nicely but not as centred as the yose( both on v-brakes) but has run well for now although a tad inefficient compared with the yose, quicker though.

Happy holidays to all

Hello Mate. Good to hear from you. The motor you sent me is still going strong. I've done 1000 miles on it without issue. The noise is still there however it let's people know im around lol. I kinda think it sounds like an hyper mode . Reason I've upgraded is because my donor bike doesn't feel safe to me. And I wanted a brand new bike, which means 27.5 or 29. I know I could have looked for someone to build a 27.5 wheel from my 26 but meh. Ill just sell it while listing its issues with the bike.

So if I connect either the old 26" or the new 27.5" hubs to the opposite lcd and controller (my old controller is an kt lcd3) which ill connect to a 48v 20ah battery, there won't be any issues? Just want to be sure nothing will go bang and melt.

The motor you sent me was rated for 250watt and I've been reaching 600-800watt and peaking 950 odd watt. However I'm not sure if the motor is the same.

Happy hoilday to you and thanks for your help.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Yes my front hub had that plastic insert. Maybe its meant to seal motor if rim / v brakes are used ? Issue was even then front wheel would be tight. I really mean front hub is 100mm wide. So is motor hub = theres no leeway to shift hub axel 10 mm to right to left.
If rear axle 135mm wide plus .. makes me think theres more room to shift hub motor wheel afew mm to left or right assuming hub axle protrudes some mm beyond rear hub drop ins.
Other issue current bike .. rear drop ins are for quick release (ie drop ins are narrow). Front qr too but drop ins 10 mm !!
So you need to triple check all dimensions before buying a kit.
This bike rear tire has quick release and the axle from the hub slides in like butter at the correct angle. Could you use a different donor bike?.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
bike rear tire has quick release and the axle from the hub slides in like butter
That doesn't sound safe to me, put some pics up I don't quite understand what you mean.

Your new kit should be Lishui not KT, the motors are kind of universal as long as there's a 9 pin on the motor you SHOULD be fine. My MXUS works on KT, as long as the controller and the LCD are the same make then it will work. HOWEVER if you are uneasy about just leave it as is. I have tried a MXUS, 3x YOSE, a dillenger, Oxygen and a MXUS[motors] all on KT with no issues. Dillenger now ship some of their products with Lishui and KT, I got mine on KT, my mates 2021 model was Lishui.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
That doesn't sound safe to me, put some pics up I don't quite understand what you mean.

Your new kit should be Lishui not KT, the motors are kind of universal as long as there's a 9 pin on the motor you SHOULD be fine. My MXUS works on KT, as long as the controller and the LCD are the same make then it will work. HOWEVER if you are uneasy about just leave it as is. I have tried a MXUS, 3x YOSE, a dillenger, Oxygen and a MXUS[motors] all on KT with no issues. Dillenger now ship some of their products with Lishui and KT, I got mine on KT, my mates 2021 model was Lishui.
Yeah ill be using the same lcd and controllers together . Ill double check the pins beforehand. However I'll try this 36v lishuo kit first as I might not mind it. Cheers.

Reactions: PC2017

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Hello folks. The wheel hub which cames with my Lishui kit works with my kt lcd and controller. Both throttle and pas work. Code number on this Lishui wheel is 95rx. rc250 which when googled comes up being an aikema hub motor.

Hopefully this is useful to those whose kt kit wheel stops working.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Lishui kit works with my kt lcd
You took the plunge... You will have more settings access with the LCD3 kt controller, amp draw & such.

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
These yousepower kit’s are fantastic value for money! While they could do with a bit more power I’ve found them both (I’ve a front wheel kit and a back) to be reliable and hassle free, I just wish I could find the front kits battery/controller plate separately as it’s much sturdier then the rear kit’s battery/controller plate.