Temporary removal of threads

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
All,

I have removed some threads to the admin area temporarily while we respond to some disputes about the content within.

We will evaluate, amend or remove as necessary and reinstate the remaining posts once this is done.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
All,

I have removed some threads to the admin area temporarily while we respond to some disputes about the content within.

We will evaluate, amend or remove as necessary and reinstate the remaining posts once this is done.
Which threads are they Russ, the ones concerning 50 cycles?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hmm.....Please don't tell me that this was instigated at the behest of a certain advertiser.

Oop's crossed with Russ's post above.

Last edited:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Ha brilliant.
Guess I won't be watching that thread with interest any more.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
This Forum has become a joke.
Nothing Negative is permitted or can be said about 50cycles without said threads being locked or removed.
OK, let me make this clear to you.

If we receive complaints then we have to be seen to deal with them fairly and promptly.
That means potentially taking the offending posts/threads offline while we investigate.
Seek legal advice if we are unsure
If it is necessary we will draft an alternative of the offending post.
We will inform the original poster of the changes we intend to make.
We will contact the source of the complaint advising of the changes we are making.
Matter closed.

We may decide comments can remain in their original form. If not, we'll advise that this is the case. It's up to the complaint source whether to go down the legal route.

Just remember it's not your neck on the line but mine. I'm all for free speech, but I cannot avoid abiding by the law.

C

Cyclezee

Time To Give Russ a Break.

Russ has a difficult enough job to do and does not deserve criticism.

I think we should all be gratefull for the brilliant place the Pedelec Forum is, this is down to the excellent contributors we have and Russ, without him, we wouldn't have a Pedelec Forum.

I will shut up now:eek:

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Russ has a difficult enough job to do and does not deserve criticism.

I think we should all be gratefull for the brilliant place the Pedelec Forum is, this is down to the excellent contributors we have and Russ, without him, we wouldn't have a Pedelec Forum.

I will shut up now:eek:
Well said that man! Totally agree

It can be easy to criticise, but thanks to Russ Pedelec is an excellent resource

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Russ,just to let you know that I will have no criticism of what you decide. I know that I am an advertiser on this site but that should have bearing on your decision to delete or uphold the postings-you are the moderator and your decision is respected without question.
regards
Dave
KudosCycles

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
This Forum has become a joke.
Nothing Negative is permitted or can be said about 50cycles without said threads being locked or removed.
Suggest you look up the term 'Libel' and how it can affect a site moderator and then check out' Self preservation' and 'common sense'.

Also, if you still have time, 'Knee jerk reaction' might be worth a look

Regards

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Ah...Yes libel........ That preserve of the rich and powerful to stifle normal debate

Last edited:

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
Ah...Yes libel........ That preserve of the rich and powerful to sniffle normal debate
C'mon mate. Someone said that it was getting a bit heated and they took it off to have a look and probably to slow it down a bit.
Come back later and we can start again. But it's not Speakers Corner and it's not your house and livelihood that would be at risk if you were to allow others to disseminate libellous content.

Let them check that they're not being dropped in it. They have a comfort zone too.

Even if it does make you sniffle. :(

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
says the spellin police. it was not getting heated at all just forensic in examining the truth...

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
says the spellin police. it was not getting heated at all just forensic in examining the truth...
And again I say... let them check that they are not being crapped on. It's their forum; it's their right.

Yes, I did know you meant 'Stifle' and so did everyone else but there was, I thought an amusing irony in the fact that stifling a debate would perhaps cause sniffles. It was a joke.

Do you wish to to continue our exchanges in this tone?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
If the forum owner has received a complaint about certain content, then you can't level any critisisum at them for taking the decision to remover that content whilst it is investigated and assesed for fairness. If faced with a similar set of circumstances and the possible consequences, I think that most of us would do the same.

I have my suspicions as to where the complaint has originated from, as I am sure most other people who have followed the threads do too. It is that which I find the most appalling. To complain about peoples reaction to a practice which is totally self instigated, calculated to deceive and at times used to bait other forum members is nothing short of sickening. If the complainant is who I think it is, then they are a very small person indeed.

Last edited: