To Kit Or To Woosh?

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Doesn't it depend on how fast you're trying to get there?

I remember when lots of people rode bikes to work, and even came on them to read the meter. The district nurse rode one, as did the postman and many others. They were big sit up and beg bikes with no gears or three speed Sturmey Archer at best, and people used to arrive smelling as sweet as when they started off for the most part. They just went fairly slowly and pushed them uphill.

D

Deleted member 4366

So a bike restricted to 15.5 mph will only do 12 mph when unrestricted o_O
Exactly. Just because the law allows 15 mph, doesn't mean that a bike can do it. I have two that max out at 12 mph.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Average 20mph+ and arrive sweat free to me equals 'moped'.

Even if you can manage it, hammering through London traffic at that speed on a bicycle increases the chances of an accident a great deal.

If you can't beat 'em - and I don't think you can in this instance - it may be better to join them.

ebikenewb

Pedelecer
May 28, 2014
Brentwood, London, United Kingdom
You are right. Im going to KIT. Decision has been made. You guys willing to help me during my process? I will upload pics at every step and give a deep review regarding the kit also. Is the kit I have chosen worthy of being put on my bike? Thanks guys for the help so far