To Kit Or To Woosh?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the LCD is plug and play - changing the settings takes less than 1 minute.

D

Deleted member 4366

They have default settings. The only thing you need to check is the wheel-size setting, and maybe the speed limit. They're very simple to set.

ebikenewb

Pedelecer
May 28, 2014
Brentwood, London, United Kingdom
Guess what I've gone and done. ....... I've bought a second hand burisch bike 6 months old brand new condition and had only 100 miles on the clock, tyres still brand new + offroad controller and charger for £700. Did I get a deal or not?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's an OK deal, you've got 6 month warranty left and still have to kit it out for commuting (mudguards, racks, lights). why did the guy sell his bike?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that seems genuine enough. if he's large, then it's not the bike for him but your weight is ideal for the Burisch, so, well done. You need to hold on to that receipt, Burisch will want it if you need support from them.
maybe you come back to the idea of building your own kit in 6 months.
By the way, you test rode the Burisch, how fast did it go?

ebikenewb

Pedelecer
May 28, 2014
Pretty fast, I didn't check top speed but with the offroad controller says it could reach upto 23mph, I need to change the controllers first at the bottom box. I will complete a full review for you guys with pictures soon after I have had my fun on it :p

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
didn't your bike come with an LCD? the speed limit on the controller has nothing to do with real achievable speed, it's simply when you lift up the rear wheel and throttle to the max. Don't start replacing bits on the bike already! you are not going to stop once you start upgrading!

ebikenewb

Pedelecer
May 28, 2014
As seen on the website there are two controllers one is for road legal riding which can reach 18mph the other is for off road use and can reach upto 23mph. If there is an option on the lcd to derestrict please do tell as I cant be assed to chsnge controllers. Dont know if I will mess it up xD the wires are colour cordinated so it should be fairly easy but lets keep it "legal" derestricted hehe

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
has it got a speedo on the LCD?
the web site shows no LCD, just a battery meter.
now you know how to tinker with it, post your review!

D

Deleted member 4366

AFAIK the speed is restricted in the controller software, which is why you need a new controller to get full motor speed. To do 23 mph, the motor must be about 270 rpm, so heavy-weights would be better with a different bike with a lower speed motor because the Burisch won't be so efficient on hills.

ebikenewb

Pedelecer
May 28, 2014
AFAIK the speed is restricted in the controller software, which is why you need a new controller to get full motor speed. To do 23 mph, the motor must be about 270 rpm, so heavy-weights would be better with a different bike with a lower speed motor because the Burisch won't be so efficient on hills.
Yeah it came with the new controller the stock controller goes about 18mph. The off road controller does 23mph apparently.

About the battery, anyone know if this can be upgraded to a 15ah pannier rack battery?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it can be done but why you want a panier rack battery? just buy a 36V 15AH square bottle battery from Woosh for £315 and swap out the old battery, 10 minute job.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?batteries

D

Deleted member 4366

Brake binding? Remove the caliper to see if it's still the same. If it's not that, the wheel bearings need adjusting.