Bafang-bbs01. Can read but not write flash :/

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
When you corrected the values on the basic settings page, did you also correct ALL the incorrect values on PAS and throttle before you pressed "write flash"? As I understand it, using "read and write flash" will read/write ALL settings at once, so if you have one on any of the 3 pages out of permitted range NONE will write. I have only ever used the read/write buttons on the left, which only does the settings on the page you are on.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
When you corrected the values on the basic settings page, did you also correct ALL the incorrect values on PAS and throttle before you pressed "write flash"? As I understand it, using "read and write flash" will read/write ALL settings at once, so if you have one on any of the 3 pages out of permitted range NONE will write. I have only ever used the read/write buttons on the left, which only does the settings on the page you are on.
Yes, I used a few profiles from the Bafang tool and changed the current to 15A and the battery protection to 31V.

Mvh Magnus

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
Yes, I used a few profiles from the Bafang tool and changed the current to 15A and the battery protection to 31V.

Mvh Magnus
Now I've tried two different laptops windows Vista/Windows 8.
Same problem :(

I think it's something about the firmware of the controller. It's like a protection.

When I ordered the engine they asked me Wich wheel size i have and then they programmed it like that. Now it's impossible for me to change it.

I asked one guy at the company last week how to reprogram the engine (that was before all of this). He said his not allowed to tell me, but he said that I'll find everything I need to know on YouTube. :)

I've tried to use the settings in the picture, but it doesn't work :/

Attachments

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I doubt if Bafang have changed the programming system to incorporate some kind of protection, especially when the guy at the company told you that you can find out the information on YouTube. I think the next step is to change the programming cable. Either put some more heatshrink on the one you have now and get a warranty exchange from the company that you bought it from. Or, buy a new cable, but from a different company.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
I doubt if Bafang have changed the programming system to incorporate some kind of protection, especially when the guy at the company told you that you can find out the information on YouTube. I think the next step is to change the programming cable. Either put some more heatshrink on the one you have now and get a warranty exchange from the company that you bought it from. Or, buy a new cable, but from a different company.
Yes, I'll check if there's someone nearby that I can borrow a cable from. I really hope that's the problem

Mvh Magnus

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I just made a call to the shop where I bought the engine and battery. They said I'll need something like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bafang+besst+tool&client=ms-android-huawei&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSifXz0LPgAhWtyqYKHcwUCzMQ_AUoA3oECAwQAw&cshid=1549886551574&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=NKGGl24c3wcCLM

Are you guys familiar with this tool?

Mvh Magnus
whaaat $160 no way, i seriously cant believe that.everyones been changing their settings since they came out...for free.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
whaaat $160 no way, i seriously cant believe that.everyones been changing their settings since they came out...for free.
I hope you're right. According to the guy I spoke to i should connect the display and not the controller to my computer. Maybe it's more easy to just buy a new display? :)

Mvh Magnus

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I guess it's possible that the display is still connected some how using that very expensive Bafang tool, but not with the lead you have.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I meant to ask if you have had this bike running ok before you started playing with your settings. If not, with the very strange settings you have, it's possible you have a faulty controller on your motor.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I just made a call to the shop where I bought the engine and battery. They said I'll need something like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bafang+besst+tool&client=ms-android-huawei&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSifXz0LPgAhWtyqYKHcwUCzMQ_AUoA3oECAwQAw&cshid=1549886551574&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=NKGGl24c3wcCLM

Are you guys familiar with this tool?

Mvh Magnus
That looks like more of a dealer servicing device, than just the cable and software most of us are using to change user settings. It probably provides diagnostics too and is overkill for the regular Bafang BBSxx owner.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I hope you're right. According to the guy I spoke to i should connect the display and not the controller to my computer. Maybe it's more easy to just buy a new display? :)

Mvh Magnus
you have everything u need magnus.dont buy a new display .hes totally not the one to ask...connect the display not the controller indeed,what a chump.no your best bet is to buy another cable,tho the connections look fine as fordulike explained.this is such an odd issue u are having, u have the same controller as everyone else. u said u used vista and windows 8 but can u try it on win 7 .the tool works flawlessly on my two win 7 laptops.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
I meant to ask if you have had this bike running ok before you started playing with your settings. If not, with the very strange settings you have, it's possible you have a faulty controller on your motor.
Yes, and it's still working =) But it's weak :/

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
That looks like more of a dealer servicing device, than just the cable and software most of us are using to change user settings. It probably provides diagnostics too and is overkill for the regular Bafang BBSxx owner.
I hope you're right :)

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
you have everything u need magnus.dont buy a new display .hes totally not the one to ask...connect the display not the controller indeed,what a chump.no your best bet is to buy another cable,tho the connections look fine as fordulike explained.this is such an odd issue u are having, u have the same controller as everyone else. u said u used vista and windows 8 but can u try it on win 7 .the tool works flawlessly on my two win 7 laptops.
If I could just find someone to swap display with, just to see if there's any difference.

I've tried 3 different computers. The one in the YouTube video has win 7 :)

Somehow the dealer I bought it from can change the wheel diameter etc. , he told me when I called them. If I understood him right they connect the "Besst-Tool" and program the display :/

Mvh Magnus

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
If I could just find someone to swap display with, just to see if there's any difference.

I've tried 3 different computers. The one in the YouTube video has win 7 :)

Somehow the dealer I bought it from can change the wheel diameter etc. , he told me when I called them. If I understood him right they connect the "Besst-Tool" and program the display :/

Mvh Magnus
yes u can change some basics via the display advanced settings by inputting a code.like disabling the speed restriction.numbers of PAS levels and wheel diameter.but that has nothing to do with programming the controller.