BEBA electric bike Day

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
For the non-Londoners, if you search, see and spot anything else worth BEBA looking at where they could tag along to, share it.

The big bonus of joining an existing event is you've already got a crowd there, some of whom may be new to electric bikes. Big potential for an epic win :rolleyes:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hmm, so is it is going to be yet another London Centric event:( and costly for non residents to attend in overcrowded and less than ideal surroundings:(.

On the other hand if Eddieo is going, maybe missing it won't be such a bad thing:rolleyes:

J:) hn

MIlton keynes (what a dump lol) or Regents park...no contest!

EDIT: Bob has a point, somewhere a bit quieter with cheaper ifrastructure and parking probably better. but still think as a first venture tagging on to an existing show not a bad idea

Last edited:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
How much are the B&Bs down Regents Park way?
Oh, and the Pints? How much are they again?
Oh, and the parking...
Any decent shows on in town, that aren't about Cats?

Check out our own Opera House here in Beautiful Buxton, land of lovely hills, nearby lakes, forests (still publicly owned thank God) and trails.

Plenty of cheap accommodation too...

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I will of course not simply poor scorn on Luveley Lundun and try to select a weekend of vintage cars at the pavillion, speak to them there and attempt to come back with something brilliant...

... only after some proper North - South fighting has happened, a clearly less-bruised survivor has been revealed, still able to stand and attempt some time-consuming further investigation.

Seriously, I think David has volunteered to do some very hard work and wherever the event(s) take place some positive support will be required to make it a success. If I was "dine sarth" you would indeed have my time available to help you David.

(I'm fishing for similar help up here by the way...)

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I do undertand the thought of a weekend in London is not everyone's cup of tea, although Regent's Park is beautiful in June.

Presteign will still be happening of course.

If anyone has any suggestions of another event elsewhere we could tag on to I would be grateful.

All the best

David
Why not talk to the organisers of this event
Green Transport Week 2011 | ETA

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
None of the Southern members have suggested Beaulieu, always a large crowd even if it rains - the home of transport.
Plenty of minor club events to tag onto during the summer plus you get to use all the main facilities.
fyi Mini Cooper Register day pulls in huge numbers.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Beaulieu was one of the venues considered, however being on the South coast it would be pretty tricky to get to for anyone North of London.

Regards

David

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Beaulieu was one of the venues considered, however being on the South coast it would be pretty tricky to get to for anyone North of London.

Regards

David
But its right on the M3 spur with fast access to the Midlands? 2-3 hours yes, doable for the keen ones!

If you're doing something south of London, Beaulieu works well me thinks.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
MIlton keynes (what a dump lol) or Regents park...no contest!

EDIT: Bob has a point, somewhere a bit quieter with cheaper ifrastructure and parking probably better. but still think as a first venture tagging on to an existing show not a bad idea
I agree MK no question about it. Its a great place to live. Ever been there?:p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Regards

David
And in fact David himself has held an event in the New Forest very near to Beaulieu, at the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum, New Milton. There were a number of top makes represented including his own Wisper models.

This was also the venue to announce his "se" version of the 905 with a prototype on show, it was June 2007 I think. Sadly someone organised another event in New Milton high street the same day which unfortunately kept the locals away, but many enthusiasts visited it.

I don't think the "se" of the new model stood for South East though. ;)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I wont bother thanks my area fine, no burglaries in 18 years.....I will just look at the house values and have a good laugh. What exctlty is your problem with me, I can keep this up, but dont really get where your unprovoked attacks are coming from - a bit pathertic

C

Cyclezee

I wont bother thanks my area fine, no burglaries in 18 years.....I will just look at the house values and have a good laugh. What exctlty is your problem with me, I can keep this up, but dont really get where your unprovoked attacks are coming from - a bit pathertic
I don't have a problem with you Eddieo, in fact I find your views and posts quite interesting and entertaining as I am sure others do to;)

However, I along with the majority of Milton Keynes residents am quite proud of where I live, probably in the same way you are happy living where you do. I lived and worked in London, SW15 for several years and know where I prefer to live.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
MIlton Keynes (what a dump lol)
I don't think Aldby was exactly unprovoked Eddie! :D

Like John though, I also find your posts interesting and entertaining, all part of the rough and tumble of forum life. ;)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I don't think Aldby was exactly unprovoked Eddie! :D

Like John though, I also find your posts interesting and entertaining, all part of the rough and tumble of forum life. ;)
Hang on for one minute! it was I who was provoked!:confused:

quote: "On the other hand if Eddieo is going, maybe missing it won't be such a bad thing :rolleyes:"

C

Cyclezee

quote: "On the other hand if Eddieo is going, maybe missing it won't be such a bad thing :rolleyes:"
Please accept my sincerest apology Eddie, if I may be so informal as to call you Eddie. I realise sarcasam is the lowest form of wit, but what else would you expect from someone who lives in a dump:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Fair comment Eddie, hadn't noticed that. :eek:

I'm sure you know that it's never malicious though, just teasing. :)