Do I look bover'd:D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Ahh well if it's in london I will be giving it a miss but I'm sure it will be brill.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
...another suggestion: it doesn't have to be BEBA approved, there's nothing stopping local groups getting together and meeting on a weekend to try out each others bikes and swap notes....why not a group near or able to get to MK for an afternoon or whatever, it's worked on other diverse forums why not here?

C

Cyclezee

I was thinking along those lines too NRG. I regularly go on rides with local CTC groups for short rides and an Easy Rider group based in MK, occasionally joined by another e-biker.

We could do exactly the same sort of rides with as a group of e-bikers if enough people are interested. There are a handful of forum members in MK hiding away, so it would be good if they and any others interested could meet up on a weekend. As I have been saying Willen Lake is a good place to meet up and we could do exactly as you suggest, try each others bikes, swap notes etc.

Let's just do it;)

J:) hn

C

Cyclezee

If anyone wants to meet up this Sunday, in front of the Lakeside Restaurant, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, I will be there at 10am and wait for 1 hour.
Weather forecast says 5 degrees, dry cloudy and 9 mph south easterly wind, so wrap up warm.

Even if you don't have an e-bike and are just interested, come along.

If you want my mobile number send me a PM.

Follow the spin off from this topic in a new thread here http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/7663-milton-keynes-e-bike-ride-sunday.html#post96518

Last edited by a moderator:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Crikey that was quick! Not for me this weekend maybe later in the year especially when the weather improves....

C

Cyclezee

OK NRG,

In the words of Big Yin, there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes:D

Hope we can meet up sometime in the future, I don't really expect a big turn out tomorrow, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I don't think the "se" of the new model stood for South East though. ;)
Nor does the new sel model to be announced in the summer stand for South East London! :)

Actually Flecc I may soon become a neighbour, we are off to Warlingham today to view a house.

All the best

David

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
If anyone wants to meet up this Sunday, in front of the Lakeside Restaurant, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, I will be there at 10am and wait for 1 hour.
Weather forecast says 5 degrees, dry cloudy and 9 mph south easterly wind, so wrap up warm.

Even if you don't have an e-bike and are just interested, come along.

If you want my mobile number send me a PM.

Follow the spin off from this topic in a new thread here http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/7663-milton-keynes-e-bike-ride-sunday.html#post96518

that weather forecast sounds like early spring !!!!!!:D
snow up here again today :(
unfortunately cant make the 800 mile round trip....hope you get a good turnout.......

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
...another suggestion: it doesn't have to be BEBA approved, there's nothing stopping local groups getting together and meeting on a weekend to try out each others bikes and swap notes....why not a group near or able to get to MK for an afternoon or whatever, it's worked on other diverse forums why not here?
Brilliant Idea NRG and congratulations Aldby for being the first. This could be amazing, we could between us arrange a day to meet and discuss electric bikes somewhere every week. I would certainly like to become involved and would be delighted to "host" a Kent day. (non commercial!).

We will continue to go forward with the BEBA come and try day aimed at the public (and Pedelecers of course!) after all we have a duty to put the electric smile onto as many faces as possible! :D Electric Smiles Around the World - Oceania on Vimeo :D

All the best

David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Actually Flecc I may soon become a neighbour, we are off to Warlingham today to view a house.

All the best

David
Next step up the hill to Woldingham with luck David?

Highest proportion of millionaires in the country up there. ;)

C

Cyclezee

that weather forecast sounds like early spring !!!!!!:D
snow up here again today :(
unfortunately cant make the 800 mile round trip....hope you get a good turnout.......
The weather here is not exactly tropical, I got soaked this morning, wrong clothes:(

Personally I would not want to travel more than 50 miles.

A Scottish event would be great. I would recommend Kinross on the shores of Loch Leven Loch Leven Heritage Trail.
A circuit of the Loch or up into the Lomond hills would be good rides. It is also home territory for Alien Ocean based in Lochgelly. I would love to visit that area again as I use to live in Kinnesswood.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Next step up the hill to Woldingham with luck David?

Highest proportion of millionaires in the country up there. ;)
Our Girls spent 7 years at Woldingham School, I know it very well! I don't think I will be moving to Woldingham, any time soon out of electric bike profits!! :D We currently spend more than we earn....... hence the move! :eek:

All the best

David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Our Girls spent 7 years at Woldingham School,

All the best

David
Great school. I remember one day about four years ago cycling along North Downs Road there and a crocodile of children followed by two teachers walking along the pavement towards me.

As I reached the children, without prompt from the teachers they chorused "Good morning sir" to this cyclist.

Wonderful manners and rare for a cyclist to be greeted with such respect. Slightly to the north around Addington, abuse or "chicken walking" is much more likely!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Flecc, I agree the school was fantastic very keen on manners and respect. I have to say that Woldingham's grounding in the basics have worked well on my girls who at 19 and 21 (and party like there is no tomorrow!) are still maintaining those high standards.

All the best David