Bosch bikes under £1600??

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Don't people ask about the reputation and quality of bikes before trying them??!! Why the big objection to asking?
There is nothing wrong with the quality etc of any of the bikes you keep mentioning but even if one was far better quality than the others it would make no difference if it was the wrong one for you and the only way to establish this is to try some.

eg would you buy a Ferrari to go and do the weekly shop at Tesco's ?

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
It has two wheels at the end of the day.

I AM NOT TRYING ONE!!!

I know these bikes have good quality thanks but am attempting to distinguish between.

Customer service for ave and ktm i am sure wil be excellent. Scott probably poor based on telephone calls and read a few scare stories about Haibike in here.

Ps why have a ferrri when you can have a vw camper :)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
***Sigh***

If your prepared to spend that kind of money with out even trying a few bikes to see what kind you like then more fool you.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Do you know, I think we should all look on buying a bike a bit like finding the man/woman of your

dreams...... there are plenty of

men/women around with lots of various good qualities , but until you try them you dont really know

if you are going to have that special relationship with the right one......or not.

Its such a personal thing buying a bike and believe me there is a lot more to it than two wheels,

a 'reputation' and customer service....there are loads of really good quality bikes around but the

truth is they cant suit all of the people all of the time......are they big enough, comfortable enough,

'feel' right, like a part of you whilst riding .........or do they just end up irritating you for years after

costing you a lot of money and angst

..........just like some men/women.

Lynda :)

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
No need to be insulting Garry. Thanks.

Anyhow... Back to the forum for electric bike advice.. Oh hold on I am here aren't I??!

I can replace adjust a saddle and handlebars. I can add shims etc to change settings. Shock horror I can read the geometry dimensions of a bike. I can compare my five other bikes with this to get to the right bike for me. I am not a complete idiot.

Ps I found my other half without trying him first ;)

And he's also German. :)

Last edited:

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Don't people ask about the reputation and quality of bikes before trying them??!! Why the big objection to me doing so?

I have said before I am not trying any bike before so get used to it?

Feel free to give any advice on quality and reputation or experience of each bike. THAT would be appreciated.

No offense meant to you Alan x
Ps it will not be a Bighit ;)
No offence taken Wissy ...... I dont think that many could give you a detailed comparison between the four bikes . I can say from my point i tried the KTM against a different AVE (MH7) and for me the AVE had the edge in terms of ride quality admittedly using totally different tyres , overall difficult to call between those two but naturally i would lean toward the AVE.

Personally it would be between those two the other two i would disregard for the reasons you have outlined

Alan

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
we are tending to agree Alan.

the KTM will have a 400 battery but not AVE.

I think I will just decide on whether I like the colour ;)

Which tyres do you use on the AVE?

Ps you anywhere nice in Powys? My German used to live in Meifod.

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
Western part of West Yorkshire
Don't people ask about the reputation and quality of bikes before trying them??!! Why the big objection to me doing so?

I have said before I am not trying any bike before so get used to it?

Feel free to give any advice on quality and reputation or experience of each bike. THAT would be appreciated.

To those who keep telling me to test a bike please don't bother. I am buying one of the above bikes on Monday and just to annoy sceptics who do not want to provide constructive advice or simply press 'like' to threads where individuals admonish me i wil now toss a coin to decide !!

No offense meant to you Alan x
Ps it will not be a Bighit ;)
Well said Wissy - don't let the forum "bullies/think they know it all's" put you off- why can't people just answer your perfectly reasonable questions and stop pontificating!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well said Wissy - don't let the forum "bullies/think they know it all's" put you off- why can't people just answer your perfectly reasonable questions and stop pontificating!
Excuse me....but do you really think that trying to emphasize the fundamental importance of trying a bike before buying is being bullying ????

There are no "bullies or think they know it alls" on this forum now....

What there ARE on here are a lot of very knowledgable and helpful people who freely give their time and effort to try to help people, whether it is about buying a new bike or advising on batteries/motors/kits or whatever......I have been and still am,very greatful for the advice Ive been given over the years.

Lots of people have tried to help wissy in her quest for a new bike but the fact is, when she asks which one is best....not any of us can really help because we dont know what, at the end of the day will be best for HER....not us...and the only way she will find the answer to that question is when she finally buys her bike and tries it out.

gaRRy is just trying to point out a perfectly valid point that it would be better if she knew it was the right bike for her BEFORE she parts with a large wad of money....what on earth is wrong with that ??

Lynda :)

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
we are tending to agree Alan.

the KTM will have a 400 battery but not AVE.

I think I will just decide on whether I like the colour ;)

Which tyres do you use on the AVE?

Ps you anywhere nice in Powys? My German used to live in Meifod.
The range of the 288 Wh battery is more than reasonable in its own right - depends obviously on a multitude of factors but 30 miles would be easily achievable , so your 400Wh choice need not be a deal breaker!!!
The tyres on my AVE are Big Apple (Schwalbe) - balloon tyres

Summertime live close to Llanidloes currently in Sunny( no its not !!!) Spain.

Enjoy your Bosch whichever model you go for

Alan

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
I think it is the continous repetition of the same mantra (spouting of I think is better expression) despite being informed previously of relevant information pertaining to my democratic choice to 'not' do something you keep telling me to do.

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
Western part of West Yorkshire
I think it is the continous repetition of the same mantra (spouting of I think is better expression) despite being informed previously of relevant information pertaining to my democratic choice to 'not' do something you keep telling me to do.
Well said once more Wissy (sorry for the repetition!) - there is loads of valid and interesting information on this forum - but a lot of hot air as well.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
You are perfectly within your right to ignore any advice given here and especially mine as that is exactly what it is advice not a command.

What I fail to understand is why you ask for advice and then decide for no apparent reason to completely ignore it ?.

If you have made your mind up then go and spend your money as it makes not difference to me what so ever.

Trust me this is the last time I will be responding to any of your questions.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Well said once more Wissy (sorry for the repetition!) - there is loads of valid and interesting information on this forum - but a lot of hot air as well.
And in what way is advising her to try some bikes before deciding what to buy hot air ?

Hot air would be telling her to buy bike X and if she buys anything else then she is completely mad.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
It has two wheels at the end of the day.

I AM NOT TRYING ONE!!!
wissy

I've been watching your various threads with much amusement, thanks.

Just can't help thinking you may have smoked too much grass recently?

C

Cyclezee

Quite right Wissy, you do it your way, I like a woman that speaks her mind;)

Oh BTW, this bike is waiting just for you:cool:

Anne Rosat special.jpg

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Cycleezee if that was aircooled I'd have it!!! Have you it in green??

And to GaRrRyY and Lynufunk NO I AM NOT TRYING THAT EITHER!!

SRS - if only!!

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
No flowers :(

The tyres are nice :)