Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I have always considered the concept of stamping the person who has voted, with a indelible ink as a brilliant anti fraud technique. It would also remove the requirement for narrow constituencies. One vote per person. .. But having read this, perhaps a stamp on the forehead would be better.
Except for the crazy guy who cut off his index finger because he voted in error,if you inked his forehead they would have had to wheel out Madame guillotine.
KudosDave....fed up it has rained 10 days in Guangzhou and forecas

Reactions: robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Whilst walking round the Canton Fair (now the Chinese import/export fair)I decided to visit some ebike suppliers who had become friends over the years,
I was interested in how they had overcome the EU anti dumping duty....not one of their European customers is paying the full duty and many are avoiding it completely. There schemes are as varied as they are devious....some are shipping via Taiwan,some are building in Poland,some are sourcing in Europe to get round the 40% rule and some are playing games with the values. Typical crafty Chinese I knew they would avoid the duty,wonder what will happen if we ever Brexit.
Sorry posting here should be non bike related,hehe.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think the European elections are going to show you something.

Every side in every election has done everything they can to influence the result. that's how it works. When it comes to the ballot box, people vote of their own free will. if they want to listen to crap, that's up to them. Don't forget that you're also complicit in what you're accusing others of.
Perhaps you should look at the history of the 20th century and take note of what happens when propaganda is used to subvert the so called will of the people.
But you won't learn, from recent history will you?
Dangerous ideas made popular lead to disaster of a catastrophic scale.
Accepting that it's OK to poison the process makes you complicit, not me.

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
People in the future will also say this is a myth too.

A conspiracy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/19/bees-survive-notre-dame-fire
In the olden days this would have been seen as a miracle. It still is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/19/world-smallest-baby-boy-birth-leave-hospital-in-japan-ryusuke-sekino

Will people of the future say it's a conspiracy?

We did land on the moon. A mirror that reflects lasers tell us that we did.
Now why would people say it was a conspiracy? care to explain this flight of fancy?
Are you upset because the Leave campaign has proved to be a conspiracy? and is this some sort of denial?
If so how does it relate to your post?

Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes, perhaps. But that is an opinion,of which you are perfectly entitled to hold and announce. Personally I, d rather leave but I see the reasoning.
Besides, our influence on who gets in power in individual countries is unchanged. But their influence over us is so much stronger if those same factions are represented in EU, which they are. (Penn and son both MEPs???)
To be perfectly honest if we were to become part of EU fully, with no Westminster and a single tier of EU wide governance and representation that would be OK, but the EU current situation of dual responsibility is seriously flawed. Whats the point of 2 governments? Scrap one or leave the other?
You continue to make the same error. The EU is not your Government, It is a voluntary federation of sovierign governments which can freely elect to coordinate efforts and make multiple agreements. Following the multiplicity of posts you have made ,you constantly berate the EU for things which are not in its control ,and complain simultaneously that it is an overarching authority. Only one of these positions can be true,as they are mutually contradictory
Prior to the EU,the UK was happy to be running an Empire, and then a Commonwealth,but not as a member, but as its head honcho, the rule giver. If any of the members objected, the UK would send gunboats and force compliance. So the problem with the UK is not about being in a supranational organisation,but not being at its head.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You continue to make the same error. The EU is not your Government, It is a voluntary federation of sovierign governments which can freely elect to coordinate efforts and make multiple agreements. Following the multiplicity of posts you have made ,you constantly berate the EU for things which are not in its control ,and complain simultaneously that it is an overarching authority. Only one of these positions can be true,as they are mutually contradictory
Prior to the EU,the UK was happy to be running an Empire, and then a Commonwealth,but not as a member, but as its head honcho, the rule giver. If any of the members objected, the UK would send gunboats and force compliance. So the problem with the UK is not about being in a supranational organisation,but not being at its head.
I would put it more strongly than that we regard any association with other countries as as a conqueror, not an ally.
Hence the pertinence of comments made very long ago by John of Gaunt to the Brexit scenario.
"England that was wont to conquer others
Hath made a conquest of itself."
A perfect description and accusation aimed at the leave campaign.
They are enemies of this Union of Nations we belong to .
The United Kingdom, which by its so obvious benefits give the lie to their poisonous agenda of isolationism

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
through the blindness of the political bias you are so obviously suffering from.
and you obviously have no political bias whatsoever. Yes I am biased towards a tory government (or I was) and you are biased towards labour. That doesn't make your choice any more valid than mine

Reactions: Zlatan

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
The problem is that the far left are now the far right. They shut down free speech and use violence against anybody that has a different opinion to them.
I really don't like the extremes (far left or far right) on either side to be honest with you. They both seem to attract their fair share of nutters.

Unfortunately politics in this country and the rest of the EU seems to be moving more to towards the extremes not sure why.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
We did land on the moon. A mirror that reflects lasers tell us that we did.
Are you sure about that? I heard that there's an alien base on the back of the moon and that NASA has been working with them since the '60s, when the moon landings were faked. It was much easier for the aliens to put the mirror there than send a spaceship from Earth.

One thing is absolutely certain. The footage that they showed of astronauts dancing about on the moon was definitely faked for whatever reason. Footprints in the dust underneath the lander after its retro rockets blasted the surface with a force strong enough to support the weight of the module and its crew? There would be not a grain of dust or sand for 50 ft around the module, and there would be a massive scorch mark underneath it. Also, some of the dust would have settled all over the module in the time after landing, but it was absolutely pristine.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I really don't like the extremes (far left or far right) on either side to be honest with you. They both seem to attract their fair share of nutters.

Unfortunately politics in this country and the rest of the EU seems to be moving more to towards the extremes not sure why.
That's right. They're both basically the same thing - bullies trying to force their agendas on anybody that doesn't agree with them.

Reactions: gray198

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
and you obviously have no political bias whatsoever. Yes I am biased towards a tory government (or I was) and you are biased towards labour. That doesn't make your choice any more valid than mine
Was at times is the case for me too. As I've posted previously in this forum, I've voted Tory many more times than I've voted Labour, so no Labour bias over time.

I currently favour Labour for more than one reason, but chiefly because we've had far too many years of Tory rule, both official and Blair's pseudo tory version. In our first past the post system that lack of balance is unhealthy and that is showing only too clearly now.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and gray198

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Are you sure about that? I heard that there's an alien base on the back of the moon and that NASA has been working with them since the '60s, when the moon landings were faked. It was much easier for the aliens to put the mirror there than send a spaceship from Earth.

One thing is absolutely certain. The footage that they showed of astronauts dancing about on the moon was definitely faked for whatever reason. Footprints in the dust underneath the lander after its retro rockets blasted the surface with a force strong enough to support the weight of the module and its crew? There would be not a grain of dust or sand for 50 ft around the module, and there would be a massive scorch mark underneath it. Also, some of the dust would have settled all over the module in the time after landing, but it was absolutely pristine.
Lets see during the landing phase the retrorockets would have blown the dust up ,and indeed did, blnding the astronaut actually doing the manoeuvre,so he lands. Then what happens to the dust?. .. Ho i! t blows away suspended by the air ..just like earth.. except it does not ,because there is no air, no Brownian motion, no nothing except the acceleration due to gravity,,,so it rapidly falls down!.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The problem is that the far left are now the far right. They shut down free speech and use violence against anybody that has a different opinion to them.
You could have left out the word "now".

The far left, the far right and religious rule have always been indistinguishable in their behaviour. Whether Hitler's Nazi rule, Stalin's Communist rule or the religious rule of Islam and others, the effects on the mass of the people are the same.

Oppression.

Advertisers