Conversion kit for Dahon Speed/Vitesse

D

Deleted member 4366

I'll have a couple if you still got some. I sent you a PM.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
p.s. My dealings with the Company were straight foward and they were very efficient with their responses to my emails.
I would not have any problem with reccommending them as an alternative source for parts, although if they had a Paypal account it could have made it easier and slightly cheaper.
Just received this from Diana Lin and Sally Huang her assistant:
nice touch!
They are Tongxin sellers. They were selling Tongxins to this forum way back before there were quality problems and they stopped selling to individual DIY enthuiasts. I have exchanged emails with another one of their assistants earlier this year and almost purchased two more motors from him. He was happy for me to pay by paypal.

PS thanks for all your effort in getting these for us :)

Their web site use to show lots of goodies but now seems broken ?

http://www.h9.com.cn

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
He was happy for me to pay by paypal.
Darn!
Paypal wasn't offered. I should have asked - maybe saved £20 in money transfer fees.

Now trading through Alibaba (one year status) Jerry.

They were very accommodating and agreeded to send a sample batch well below their moq.

I'm hoping more members use them, quoting this site as I did, so we can build up a good rapport with them but bear in mind to be nice when communicating or they might disappear again.

Last edited:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
A few more photos and a video as requested.
Your motor looks and sounds exactly like my front hub motor on my 26" folder which came in a wheeled kit from rftech in Austria. I think possibly mine could be a Q100 as it weighs exactly 2.1kg

I recognise your bike! It looks like the Raleigh Boardwalk Dahon made for them and another firm...Apache? That comes in two versions, the "lite" version is only around 11.7kg which is very good for a 20" with mudguards and rack. I was very tempted to buy the Raleigh Boardwalk Lite because it's very reasonably priced now at around £330-£350 new.

The other bike I liked and considered was the BMW/Mini (also made by Dahon I think) which is bang on 11kg but has no rack...it's a little over priced at £499 compared to Dahon's... you can sometimes pick ex-demo models up on eBay from BMW dealerships though for around £300.

Last edited:

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Your motor looks and sounds exactly like my front hub motor on my 26" folder which came in a wheeled kit from rftech in Austria. I think possibly mine could be a Q100 as it weighs exactly 2.1kg

I recognise your bike! It looks like the Raleigh Boardwalk Dahon made for them and another firm...Apache? That comes in two versions, the "lite" version is only around 11.7kg which is very good for a 20" with mudguards and rack. I was very tempted to buy the Raleigh Boardwalk Lite because it's very reasonably priced now at around £330-£350 new.

The other bike I liked and considered was the BMW/Mini (also made by Dahon I think) which is bang on 11kg but has no rack...it's a little over priced at £499 compared to Dahon's... you can sometimes pick ex-demo models up on eBay from BMW dealerships though for around £300.
Mine is branded a Dahon Impulse which I bought new, although heavily discounted, some years ago. When I bought it I had no plans to electrify it and its main attraction was the Sram 3x7 Dual Drive gearing. This enables a very wide gear range on a small wheeled bike without the complication of multiple chain wheels. The lower gears are not really necessary now but the overdrive hub gives the now very useful higher gears without the need for a larger chain wheel. It does necesitate the front wheel motor though.

Last edited: