Dodgy Ebay Listing

D

Deleted member 4366

If Jerry bids and wins, he can say that he's already paid for the bike in cash when he collected it, so the guy will have to pay the £70 end of sale fee or whatever it is. If the guy says he didn't pay or collect, he can show a photo of himself with the bike, or ask the guy to produce evidence that he's still got it.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Lol funny Dave.

Jerry

D

Deleted member 4366

Sent this guy a message about collecting the bike if I won the auction, he say's he is working in Bradford at the moment and I would have to go there to collect it.
So he's listed it as located in London on Ebay and Bristol on Gumtree, but now it's in Bradford???

Tell him tha's even better. Your brother lives in Bradford and will collect it for you. You'lo be seeing him in a couple of days when he cmes down for Xmas.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Oh my God is my bike really worth 3K ??

PS I doubt I would even sell for that as I use it every day lol

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I have reported it to ebay again. Looking at the bids I notice there is a consistent bidder. I am wonder if he is bidding himself to raise the price.

Ps Hold on is someone on here bidding on it for a laugh lol ?

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
You guys are hilarious :)

Jerry

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Hang on, so one of you decided to cut the rest of us out, and buy it outside of Ebay!

Now there is a breach of Ebay rules if ever I heard one. :mad:

I can only hope that the deal falls through and that it gets relisted.

That's my wife's Xmas present up the swanny, hope you're all pleased with yourselves!
Fortunately pound stretcher are open until 18:00h on Xmas eve.

Reactions: jonathan75

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Mike how on earth do you expect to buy a bike like this for a measly 25K these bikes can sell for mega money. The one I have cost me in excess £1.5 million and it needed a new tyre, so don't dismiss it so easily. I sweep up at McDonalds that's how I could afford it.

Reactions: jonathan75
D

Deleted member 4366

It's still there. I wonder what the early genuine bidders are thinking when they see the £25,100 bid.

Once I went to a classic bike auction. There was an old Velocette LE there that normally went for about £100. The auctioneer was shouting out bids of up to about £3000 and everybody was trying to figure out what was special about it until somebody whispered in his ear that he'd got the wrong reserve price. He was just bouncing bids off the wall to try and get the price close to the reserve.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Mike how on earth do you expect to buy a bike like this for a measly 25K these bikes can sell for mega money. The one I have cost me in excess £1.5 million and it needed a new tyre, so don't dismiss it so easily. I sweep up at McDonalds that's how I could afford it.
Do you mean you think it could go higher? :)