ERider moped Help

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It isn't logical to have both the charge and discharge plug/jack the same, at some point someone will connect to the wrong port and possibly cause problems.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Also, if the charger has the normal kettle lead from the mains, don't use that type on the battery, otherwise it's only a matter of time before you plug the mains directly into the battery. Even I've done that!

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It isn't logical to have both the charge and discharge plug/jack the same, at some point someone will connect to the wrong port and possibly cause problems.

Hi No dont worry, I will be marking on the battery case which port is for charging and discharging ports

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Also, if the charger has the normal kettle lead from the mains, don't use that type on the battery, otherwise it's only a matter of time before you plug the mains directly into the battery. Even I've done that!

Im a bit lost now how do you mean btw this is the charger below with female kettle plug at the end for charging

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Im a bit lost now how do you mean btw this is the charger below with female kettle plug at the end for charging
Your charger doesn't have a kettle plug from the mains. Instead, it's hard wired with no detatchable lead. Most chargers have a detachable mains lead, but not yours, so nothing to worry about.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Your charger doesn't have a kettle plug from the mains. Instead, it's hard wired with no detatchable lead. Most chargers have a detachable mains lead, but not yours, so nothing to worry about.

Ok thanks I was getting a bit worried then, I have noticed I may have to disconnect the charge and discharge IEC plugs from battery when it arrives as the slots on the plastic battery case can only be fitted from underneath slots. if you follow what I mean. you cannot just place plugs into slots from the top of case. so hope the people who fitted the plugs have not soldered them on. if so will have to be unsoldered and resoldered back

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi all just a quick question on these IEC C13 Chassis Sockets. I can see 1 end is female, but thought other end would have been male pins, But I have asked around and was told " they all have solder terminals on the back, you cannot plug anything onto these terminals " I cant see a picture of the back of this socket to check

Attachments

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi just to let you guys know that I'm still waiting for this new battery to arrive, so far I have waited 30 days so probably wont be too long now

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi again all I really don't know why this battery is taken so long to arrive. it will be 6 weeks I've been waiting now. when I ask they just say its in transit, and I have to wait until at least 16/11.2021 as that will be 75 days I have even ordered items well after I ordered battery, and they have arrived real fast. But not much really I can do except Just wait its DPD who are delivery the battery and it says on there web site

We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

so just have to wait longer. what's it coming by donkey PMSL

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some items from China can take a long time one has to be patient esp with batteries and couriers, it all depends on the posting terms and channel used 3 months sometimes.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi again all I really don't know why this battery is taken so long to arrive.
For fire risk reasons lithium batteries cannot be flown without expensive special precautions, so it's probably coming within a DPD container load by ship. Because almost all courier stuff is flown, it can take a while to accumulate a 40 foot shipping container load even for a big courier like DPD, so maybe two or three weeks to fill one destined for Britain.

Even if a ship sailed direct non-stop it would take at least six weeks from China, but they don't sail non-stop. They call in at all sorts of ports on the way, dropping off a few containers at each, so that's a day or two delay at every port. Add a week at each end for on land handling and movements and as much as three months can pass, exactly as Neal said.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Hi again all I really don't know why this battery is taken so long to arrive. it will be 6 weeks I've been waiting now. when I ask they just say its in transit, and I have to wait until at least 16/11.2021 as that will be 75 days I have even ordered items well after I ordered battery, and they have arrived real fast. But not much really I can do except Just wait its DPD who are delivery the battery and it says on there web site

so just have to wait longer. what's it coming by donkey PMSL
Frustrating - I would find that hard being an impatient sort. However, I think much of the world's shipping industry is in chaos at the moment. Shipping containers are about ten times the price they were last year and we have Felixstow in a mess with tens of thousands of uncollected containers (no HGV drivers) filling up the port so that Maersk are sending ships off to other countries to unload other boxes because they can't wait off the port at sea for a week or more, waiting for an unloading slot. Could be your item has been here, and then gone away to America now - as yet unloaded.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
For fire risk reasons lithium batteries cannot be flown without expensive special precautions, so it's probably coming within a DPD container load by ship. Because almost all courier stuff is flown, it can take a while to accumulate a 40 foot shipping container load even for a big courier like DPD, so maybe two or three weeks to fill one destined for Britain.

Even if a ship sailed direct non-stop it would take at least six weeks from China, but they don't sail non-stop. They call in at all sorts of ports on the way, dropping off a few containers at each, so that's a day or two delay at every port. Add a week at each end for on land handling and movements and as much as three months can pass, exactly as Neal said.
I hesitate to contradict you old chap, but I doubt many ships from China are dropping off a box or two at ports. The bulk of container shipping from China is on massive carriers and they unload thousands of them when they stop. The biggest are carrying over 18000 containers.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Yeah I expect its going to take a while for my battery to arrive. its an old saying "it comes to those who wait" I know china had a week of celebrations, 1st oct to 7th so that's held up stuff. But like with a lithium battery you have to be a bit careful with them. I dont expect I am the only person ordered a battery from same place

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I hesitate to contradict you old chap, but I doubt many ships from China are dropping off a box or two at ports. The bulk of container shipping from China is on massive carriers and they unload thousands of them when they stop. The biggest are carrying over 18000 containers.
Sure not a box or two which is why I said a few, and a few in todays terms can
even mean a thousand or two you imply. The stops can be as early as Singapore.

Reactions: Tony1951

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi all just to let you know I have now waited nearly 9 weeks for this new battery to arrive. I have been onto supplier and they said the ship docked in UK on 30th October, so hopefully I wont have to wait much longer. I have never waited so long to receive an item from China before. But like flecc said above not just my battery is it loads on ship

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hi all just to let you know I have now waited nearly 9 weeks for this new battery to arrive. I have been onto supplier and they said the ship docked in UK on 30th October, so hopefully I wont have to wait much longer. I have never waited so long to receive an item from China before. But like flecc said above not just my battery is it loads on ship
Hopefully it will be with you soon Billy, that's quite a wait. At least the supplier has used the safe method of shipping on "The slow boat from China" rather than smuggling it onto a passenger aircraft labelled as "electrical goods"

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hopefully it will be with you soon Billy, that's quite a wait. At least the supplier has used the safe method of shipping on "The slow boat from China" rather than smuggling it onto a passenger aircraft labelled as "electrical goods"
Well I must have timed that right, as the battery arrived today 5th November. its well heavy too, 5.9KG, I thought Lithium was lighter. But then it is a 30aH one. But they have not changed the plugs as I requested
I told them to fit 2 iec plugs. its a good job I bought 2 myself so I guess now Im going to have to cut those plugs off what they fitted. and solder my 2 iec plugs on. they have fitted a jack plug for charging port. and a t type for discharge port. I will need some help from you guys now how to make sure I have correct plugs on. At least one thing I measured box ok as it fits in nice

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The Red discharge connection is a Deans connector, the charger port is a dc 5.5mm x 2.1mm female one.
I would not use the same type connector for charge and discharge.
Simply change the charge jack to one of these type below.
1x FEMALE +1x Male 2.1MM X 5.5MM DC POWER JACK PLUG for CCTV/REPAIRS DIY UK | eBay

The 5.5 x 2.1 connection is one of the most common type used .
Trouble is now I have a iec kettle plug on moped and also the discharge port will have to be kettle plug type too. but is there a connector to go into that dean connector which will have a red and black wire from it so then i can fit to a kettle plug connector for discharge like old battery was before in image IMG_1189.jpg and IMG_0840.jpg also the battery charger has a iec kettle plug on it too. IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg is how it was connected on old battery for discharge on the pic IMG_1188.jpg where can I place a jack plug connector now as it was originally where that square was in image IMG_1190.jpg

Im a bit lost here now. I suppose really its best to leave the connectors on battery but change the charger one to fit jack plug. but that discharge has to be a IEC plug as thats whats on the moped

that dean connector I could get a male connector the same to join to the dean connector on battery then 2 wires to a IEC kettle connector to discharge. Then either change charger kettle plug to a Jack plug or buy a charger with Jack plug

9 weeks I’ve waited for this new battery so can’t wait to get moped running again.

I really need some help on this if anyone is available as like I said Ive waited 9 weeks for this battery. and they didn't fit plugs I asked. But I suppose its best to leave what plugs are fitted and try to get connectors

I dont know what to do now about charge lead that jack plug, as my charger has a IEC plug on it also it looks as if I am going to have to fill that square hole marked in image IMG_1190.jpg then drill a hole to fit jack plug from battery. plus change charger plug

Attachments

Last edited: