G-tech bike,has anyone seen a proper test

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the future battery is 'back from the future' solid oxide fuel cells. May be only one generation away.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I didn't think Wisper bikes had been around for 11 years are there any still on the road:eek:
Yep 11 years this year, we sold our first bikes in 2005, it doesn't seem possible!

The Ezee was being sold even before the Wisper by 50 Cycles, so I am sure you also have 11 year old bikes out there too.

We still re-cell the old kettle plug batteries first used on our bikes, but we do tend to upgrade to a new bike nowadays.

Not sure if any of that first delivery are still on the road. Certainly there are a lot of the first model sold before the SE arrived that are still going strong.

It's been a fascinating 11 years! I have come to terms with the fact I will never buy Ferarri or a small island from the profits, but have enjoyed every minute!! (Almost!). :D

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc
C

Cyclezee

I have managed to establish that this eZee bike, the CT Rider was manufactured in Singapore in 2002 and with the 9Ah 36v SLA battery weighs a massive 39Kg.
The old SLA battery weighs 14.5Kg, the modern eZee 11Ah Li Ion battery weighs 3.1Kg.
IMG_20160525_162337 copy.jpg

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I have managed to establish that this eZee bike, the CT Rider was manufactured in Singapore in 2002 and with the 9Ah 36v SLA battery weighs a massive 39Kg.
The old SLA battery weighs 14.5Kg, the modern eZee 11Ah Li Ion battery weighs 3.1Kg.
View attachment 14157
Wow. If you do the maths it shows that a modern battery gives about 110 Wh/k, about 10 times more than the 2002 model. That's good progress.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
View attachment 14157

Amazing! Yes I thought they were about a few years before the Wispers. The battery tech has moved such a long way since those early days. Hence the need for new battery case designs.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Ezee was being sold even before the Wisper by 50 Cycles, so I am sure you also have 11 year old bikes out there too.
Yes, the first Ezee bike to reach the UK market was the Quando in 2004, also showing up everything else at that time with the way it flattened hills.

Rather oddly the early Rider SLA model was a much later 2007 introduction here, as a low cost alternative to the Sprint, which was their second UK introduction. The Sprint was closely followed by the Torq in early 2006, instantly becoming another game changer.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks for reminding me Tony!

I thought I had been clever with the new Wisper names. Obviously it was lurking there in the black recesses of my ageing and addled brain!

I agree, the Ezee Torq was certainly a game changer. A great bike.

All the best, David

C

Cyclezee

Yes, the first Ezee bike to reach the UK market was the Quando in 2004, also showing up everything else at that time with the way it flattened hills.

Rather oddly the early Rider SLA model was a much later 2007 introduction here, as a low cost alternative to the Sprint, which was their second UK introduction. The Sprint was closely followed by the Torq in early 2006, instantly becoming another game changer.
This link is to a test of a similar model to the CT Rider, the CT Com ll http://extraenergy.org/main.php?language=en&category=products&subcateg=82&id=657, I wonder how Extra Energy would rate it today?

Maybe like this;)
Verdict2.jpg

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
You might wonder what posting a photo of this bike got to do with Gtech and how is it in any way relevant.

The answer is that a customer is trading in a Gtech for the eZee Raptor.
can you do a review on the Gtech whilst you have it.....I have to say that swopping a Gtech for a Ezee Raptor is a surprise,they are bikes as far apart in their intended usage that it is possible to imagine.
KudosDave

Reactions: VictoryV
C

Cyclezee

can you do a review on the Gtech whilst you have it.....I have to say that swopping a Gtech for a Ezee Raptor is a surprise,they are bikes as far apart in their intended usage that it is possible to imagine.
KudosDave
I don't think I am the right person to review the Gtech, it would better to have someone totally independent like to do that.

The customer is away on holiday so it is going to be a couple of weeks before we do the exchange.
I could ask Wai Won Ching to do a review when he comes to stay in July:rolleyes:
A single photo like the one above would probably do it:D

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and VictoryV

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Anyone local ish like to do a review.
Bristol is I suspect to far.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I don't think I am the right person to review the Gtech, it would better to have someone totally independent like to do that.

The customer is away on holiday so it is going to be a couple of weeks before we do the exchange.
I could ask Wai Won Ching to do a review when he comes to stay in July:rolleyes:
A single photo like the one above would probably do it:D
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't charge it and ride it.
There are probably 2 features that most want to know...
1. How far does it go?
2. How does it go up hills without gears?
After all it's your bike when you do the part exchange.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes
C

Cyclezee

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't charge it and ride it.
There are probably 2 features that most want to know...
1. How far does it go?
2. How does it go up hills without gears?
After all it's your bike when you do the part exchange.
KudosDave
Dave, I can probably answer those question without having seen one in the flesh.
  1. With me on it not very far
  2. With me on it not very well
If you want to know so badly, why not buy one and have a 14 day trial, anyone can do that.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Dave, I can probably answer those question without having seen one in the flesh.
  1. With me on it not very far
  2. With me on it not very well
If you want to know so badly, why not buy one and have a 14 day trial, anyone can do that.
Then the bike isn't very assisted. Not like the electric assist most people expect or you sell.

C

Cyclezee

Then the bike isn't very assisted. Not like the electric assist most people expect or you sell.
Hi D8ve,

These are only my assumptions.

It would be much better to have an independent review from someone not connected or associated with the trade.