G-tech bike,has anyone seen a proper test

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the continued availability of Ezee batteries is certainly much appreciated by Ezee customers but it's not a game changer. One could argue that sticking to the old case is against progress. KD changed his battery in his newest bikes. That's progress to me.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
the continued availability of Ezee batteries is certainly much appreciated by Ezee customers but it's not a game changer. One could argue that sticking to the old case is against progress. KD changed his battery in his newest bikes. That's progress to me.
But it's not an absolute, since they have choices of alternative battery size and weight position too and, like Kudos, even two newest models with different position (downtube) main batteries.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclezee

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
with those variants now in place, in 10 year time, will Ezee customers still enjoy the availability of replacement batteries?

Or hydrogen fuel cells will have taken over?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
with those variants now in place, in 10 year time, will Ezee customers still enjoy the availability of replacement batteries?

Or hydrogen fuel cells will have taken over?
Maybe they'll have an Ezee hydrogen fuel cell pack that still plugs straight into the same rear of seat tube position. :D

• Agree
Reactions: trex

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Not quite correct David, EMU don't actually sell through the trade and never have, they have what they call demonstration centres and customers order direct from EMU https://www.emubikes.com/the-emu-experience/demonstration-sites
Personally I don't think this is a bad thing as customers are not blindly buying they haven't seen or ridden.

From the demonstrators point of view, a bike is provided at no cost and there is no pressure to sell sell sell. The demonstrator gets a modest commission if a sale is generated, not the sort of markup that a dealer would get.
I am surprised, do you know why have they hiked their price by 50%? I assumed, wrongly it seems, they were going to sell through the trade. I have heard that the demo bike method isn't working?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Clearly Green ethics and 'progress' are at odds with each other here.
A bike that should be scrapped after 5 years because the battery is no longer available?
Ridiculous and terribly wasteful, also planet damaging.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
36v eZee 11Ah VP battery Sony 18650 cells, 2 year warranty £275.
Larger capacities are available up to 28Ah.
Yes of course we do get people coming back for replacement batteries, in some cases the bikes are over 10 years old.
How many other brands have been around that long and just as importantly, the current battery case will still fit a 10 year old bike?
The new Wisper 36V 11Ah battery is £249.00 with a two year warranty, we are all able to buy a little cheaper now and are passing on savings to our customers.

I think we would all like to have kept our old battery boxes, it would have saved a fortune! However energy efficiency has improved in the last 11 years, so most manufactures have improved and uprated their old boxes. We like most manufacturers support nearly all our old bikes with batteries, currently having over 100 in stock for bikes up to 11 years old.

All the best,

David

C

Cyclezee

I am surprised, do you know why have they hiked their price by 50%? I assumed, wrongly it seems, they were going to sell through the trade. I have heard that the demo bike method isn't working?
They initially increased the price by 50% which I thought was bonkers, but then reduced the increase.
You would have to ask EMU why they increased the price, maybe it was after seeing the original price of Gtech?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks, I do know them quite well. Claud my tech manager worked with them for a while and I had various chats with them a year or so ago. I'll ask!

C

Cyclezee

This turned up yesterday, an eZee CT Rider for before the dawn of time.
The owner asked me to upgrade from SLA to Li Ion.

If anyone thinks electric bikes are heavy should try lifting one of these.

IMG_20160525_162337 copy.jpg

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
I'm not sure if I'm the target demographic (I'm 36, so just about middle aged) but for me the ad failed to convey the most appealing aspect of ebikes - FUN! Maybe my idea of fun is different from the masses though.
At 36 your just a baby from my perspective!

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
C

Cyclezee

The new Wisper 36V 11Ah battery is £249.00 with a two year warranty, we are all able to buy a little cheaper now and are passing on savings to our customers.

I think we would all like to have kept our old battery boxes, it would have saved a fortune! However energy efficiency has improved in the last 11 years, so most manufactures have improved and uprated their old boxes. We like most manufacturers support nearly all our old bikes with batteries, currently having over 100 in stock for bikes up to 11 years old.

All the best,

David
I didn't think Wisper bikes had been around for 11 years are there any still on the road:eek:

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Like this one fitted to an eZee Sprint http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=34084
What's the point if all it's doing is charging a lithium battery? The battery is still needed because the fuel cell cannot deliver enough peak power. Just goes to show that with all their faults, hydrogen fuel cells are nowhere near capable for this application.

EDIT: Maybe on a highly aero'd velomobile they'd do well, but solar already works for this.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just goes to show that with all their faults, hydrogen fuel cells are nowhere near capable for this application.
They are capable enough in performance terms. The 2001 Aprilia worked fine in prototype form but wasn't released, suspected due to the fuel cell life at that time.

A 2006 Austrian privately designed and built hydrogen fuel cell only recumbent trike was very successful. It climbed their hills easily and averaged a 56 mile range from it's side mounted 1000 lbs/sq/inch hydrogen tank.

C

Cyclezee

The WEVCO (Wisper Electric Vehicle Co) model 905 has been around that long. They then had some upgrades and 9 years ago in 2007 the first 905se made its appearance.
I stand corrected Tony;)