Has anyone heard of or tried Toseven mid drive?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
At this rate it'll take years to get answers to questions asked on this thread.

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
Psw power have some units right now and might be the fastest way? Or are you looking for European distribution?
they ship from china so not really an option . is there any way to get this motor before season starts ? like aliexpress purchase ?

LeszekPe

Just Joined
Mar 23, 2023
Psw power have some units right now and might be the fastest way? Or are you looking for European distribution?
European would be better as the shipment cost makes around 25% price increase and then customs can make another 35%. Besides on the RSPower shop there are only models with 36V 350W for DM02 and 48V 1000W from DM01. When I'm considering 36V500W or 48V750W. So yes it would be nice to have other options, like AliXpress, with complete kits.

And finally could you tell us about the cooling. Is there a temp sensor inside to prevent overheating ?

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
definately would be more powerful light output . 10w ? at least one for front . better cable lenght , maybe display with usb charger , display with BT connection for easy setup ? street legal mode and hidden sport mode ?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
What does "3 Inner shifts" mean? (L7 hub motor)
I would guess it has an integral three speed hub gear, but I don't know for sure.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
Coming from a different viewpoint, I don't feel like fine tuning anything, I want it to work out of the box.

I'd welcome a solid motor, one with bearings that don't fail, axles that don't wiggle, a motor that can shed heat and run at 500 watts, with a throttle that I can feel working, and assist levels set for higher assist in Eco/Tour than the TSDZ2.

Since we have Alex to answer questions, if I buy the 36V 500W kit, is it a dual voltage controller? Can I power it on 48V without a high voltage alarm shutting me down?

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
Coming from a different viewpoint, I don't feel like fine tuning anything, I want it to work out of the box.

I'd welcome a solid motor, one with bearings that don't fail, axles that don't wiggle, a motor that can shed heat and run at 500 watts, with a throttle that I can feel working, and assist levels set for higher assist in Eco/Tour than the TSDZ2.

Since we have Alex to answer questions, if I buy the 36V 500W kit, is it a dual voltage controller? Can I power it on 48V without a high voltage alarm shutting me down?
Hi harry

I will check on the duel voltage controller and let you know as all of our DM-02 are currently 36v but its not beyond us to update it if need be

To be frank, and just my opinion. The DM-02 are great as a compact motor, but for anyone looking for something a big step up they should consider the DM-01
Cheers
Alex

Reactions: Bikes4two

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi harry

I will check on the duel voltage controller and let you know as all of our DM-02 are currently 36v but its not beyond us to update it if need be

To be frank, and just my opinion. The DM-02 are great as a compact motor, but for anyone looking for something a big step up they should consider the DM-01
Cheers
Alex

I'd certainly consider buying a Toseven 250W 36V mid-drive kit for the bike I've just bought, if the software was also available.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Baseline

Just Joined
Mar 30, 2023
Hi guys

Im alex, in working for toseven. Im happy to answer any questions!

Thanks
Hi Alex
I currently have a Tongsheng TSDz2 installed on my recumbent trike. It has 860C display, throttle, speed sensor and 48 volt battery. If I buy ToSeven DM 1 48 volt 750/1000 watt motor is it compatible with the Tongsheng cables and wiring? Can I just swap out the motors? Does the 860C display need to be flashed/reprogrammed ?

Thanks!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi Alex
I currently have a Tongsheng TSDz2 installed on my recumbent trike. It has 860C display, throttle, speed sensor and 48 volt battery. If I buy ToSeven DM 1 48 volt 750/1000 watt motor is it compatible with the Tongsheng cables and wiring? Can I just swap out the motors? Does the 860C display need to be flashed/reprogrammed ?

Thanks!
No I doubt it as the two motors are from different companies.
Working to assimilate like for like leads to intillectual rights and the courts.
One expects like other mid motors any motor will be a complete package inc display and wiring.

Last edited:

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
No it definitely wont work. Our motors are only compatible with our displays and parts. Using from another manufacturer could and probably will cause damage

Our motor's are currently only available as a kit so you would need to buy a whole kit anyway. The cost of those parts is quite low vs the cost of the motor.

thanks
Alex

• Agree
Reactions: sgarth and Nealh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
No it definitely wont work. Our motors are only compatible with our displays and parts. Using from another manufacturer could and probably will cause damage

Our motor's are currently only available as a kit so you would need to buy a whole kit anyway. The cost of those parts is quite low vs the cost of the motor.

thanks
Alex
Do you have any news regarding ETA for making the software for your new 250W mid drive motor(s) available? If it can happen soon, I might buy one to convert a bike I bought a few days ago. Are spare controllers available to buy separately? It's a bit hard to tell from the photos, but pedal Q factor seems preferable to the TSDZ2's, not that I'd ever buy one of those.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
@ alexfnoble.

Just noticed on April 2 that the toseven has been removed from the PSWpower website. Also no midmotors on the toseven site. Any insight?