Has anyone heard of or tried Toseven mid drive?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The test motor is not yet a finished product. Go to the last 5 minutes, his motor went into safe mode. His CYC motor did not inspire confidence either. It's only a bearing but it should not become notchy so quickly.

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
The test motor is not yet a finished product. Go to the last 5 minutes, his motor went into safe mode. His CYC motor did not inspire confidence either. It's only a bearing but it should not become notchy so quickly.
Its a random bug thats already been patched. Hundreds of motors are out and only 3. Less than 1% have displayed this error.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcosFreitas

MarcosFreitas

Just Joined
Jul 16, 2023
Its a random bug thats already been pached. Hundreds of motors are out and only 3. Less than 1% have displayed this error.
Hi my friend Alex. I'm from Brazil, how I can purchase a DM02? And how will works the warranty and distribution of spare parts to do the future substitution?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Judging from High Voltage reviews this is going in good direction. We wait for the EU reseller now.
that review is shallow on technical details.
The toseven's DM-02 looks like a TSDZ2B. Note how the guy compares the DM-02 against the TSDZ2 and not the 'B' and how he caveated that he does not know the techical details of what he commented on etc.

• :D
Reactions: alexfnoble

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
BTW, Aikema/Tongsheng are selling their TSDZ2B TURBO.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's a new product so there is little information about that, except that the rep at Aikema assured me that their firmware isn't buggy. I'll get some stock in by end of September/beginning of October.
Would anyone volunteer to strip the TSDZ2B Turbo motor down and make a YT video?

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
it's a new product so there is little information about that, except that the rep at Aikema assured me that their firmware isn't buggy. I'll get some stock in by end of September/beginning of October.
I was considering buying TSDZ2B, but don't quite like the look of it. This new model looks much better, but information is very hard to find. Might be worth to wait a bit.
Have you heard anything more about it?

Edit:

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
not much other that it weighs 4.8kgs and the torque exceeds 100NM.
It looks strangely similar to the DM-01. I don't know if it has the same mold. In any case, I don't know the real story behind their engineer leaving to work for toseven.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
not much other that it weighs 4.8kgs and targetted at replacing the BBS02.
Choice of a name is strange for a new product. It will totally confuse search engines.
If new motors are 500W and 750W, then I am a bit disappointed. I would very much prefer something road legal.

Might be worth to start a new thread.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can always ask Tongsheng to make me a 250W version. They have EN15194 certicicate for their TSDZ2B-TURBO.
They fixed the gearbox in revision B, I suppose they have fixed the issue of overheating in the TURBO version.

elinx

Pedelecer
May 2, 2023
Choice of a name is strange for a new product. It will totally confuse search engines.
PSWPower sells this motor with the more logical name Tsdz8

And indeed the similarity with Toseven DM01 is there, as is also the case with the Tsdz2 and DM02.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Lokz

Pedelecer
May 31, 2023
Follow High Voltage Discord group to be up to date with info about To7 motors.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Follow High Voltage Discord group to be up to date with info about To7 motors.
I find that he is over-enthusiastic about everything he tries.
Still, this forum is in the main pro road legal bikes and kits, his interest is outside the road legal sphere.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
PSWPower sells this motor with the more logical name Tsdz8
Tongsheng has TSDZ3 but what happens to TSDZ4, 5, 6? were they in the pipeline when the designer left for toseven? I suppose TSDZ8 is the one after seven. They all have short lives by the look of it. My guess is the TSDZ2B Turbo (it's the name that Aikema/Tongsheng use now) is about the same as BBS02B with a torque sensor. I don't see much of a point though, the TS loses its appeal when you have so much power that you don't need to pedal.
The lastest motor in their catalog is the TSDZ10 for OEM. 120NM for cargo bikes.

Last edited: