has d8veh left this time for good?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I was searching for something that I thought I remembered d8veh has posted about and the search did not show any of his posts.
I proceeded to search for members, he's gone.
Went to Endless-Sphere, he has also stopped posting there although his ES account is still active.
I just wonder if anyone knows anything about this.
He is one of the pillar members of this forum.
His loss to the forum will be deeply felt.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I was searching for something that I thought I remembered d8veh has posted about and the search did not show any of his posts.
Went to Endless-Sphere, he has also stopped posting there although his ES account is still active.
Blimey, I think you're right. d8's posts are still present, but they are linked with user 'Deleted member 4366'.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&ei=J6IrW7PxJMKZwATm6pnQAg&q=site:pedelecs.co.uk+"Deleted+member+4366"&oq=site:pedelecs.co.uk+"Deleted+member+4366"&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1592.2504.0.3641.5.5.0.0.0.0.80.373.5.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.o6XJyZ99YVU

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Oh Lord! I hope we haven't driven him to distraction with all our questions!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He's had periods of self imposed absence I think at least twice before.

Hopefully this one's not permanent, he will be sorely missed.
I fear this move might be permanent.
he has never deleted his account before.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
D8veh did leave twice before but both times he announced his departure. This time he didn't so I wasn't sure whether he'd left or not, but he last posted here 25th May.

Having last posted on Endless Sphere on 13th December it seemed he had vanished, but he has posted since on Endless Sphere on 7th June helping three people in three threads, but not since.

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I suppose if we need his help, we'll have to post our questions on Endless Sphere.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I suppose if we need his help, we'll have to post our questions on Endless Sphere.
It might seem so, but his near six month absence from ES from 13th December 2017 to now, 21st June 2018 with only a single days visit on 7th June isn't promising, since he used to be a major contributor there.

Possibly he's making a major change to his life, rather than it being solely connected to this forum.

If you want to put the record straight Dave, mail me and I'll post your comment.

• Agree

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
That's a huge shame, he was the largest of a handful of contributors who made a huge impact on me. Probably responsible for me turning into an ebike geek instead of simply junking the crappy kit I originally bought 7 ish years ago

I wish him all the very best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
short ter
It might seem so, but his near six month absence from ES from 13th December 2017 to now, 21st June 2018 with only a single days visit on 7th June isn't promising, since he used to be a major contributor there.

Possibly he's making a major change to his life, rather than it being solely connected to this forum.

If you want to put the record straight Dave, mail me and I'll post your comment.
short term memory failure flecc?

here is the thread in which he said goodbye

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/what-is-the-main-purpose-of-pedelecs.31416/page-6#post-440123

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
short ter

short term memory failure flecc?

here is the thread in which he said goodbye

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/what-is-the-main-purpose-of-pedelecs.31416/page-6#post-440123
Not my short term memory failure but yours, that wasn't d8veh.

Dave did not announced his departure this time. His last post that I remember was a spat with another member.

Deleted member 22539 was someone else who insulted me in that thread, someone who dealt it out but couldn't take it.

D8veh is now Deleted member 4366.

See this thread that he started.

And this post on 25th May was the last post d8veh made.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tommie

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A couple of weeks ago I thought to myself that we hadn't seen any recent posts, another sabbatical was my thought.
Tis a pity d8veh has actually deleted his account as his ebike knowledge is way above most of us put together.
Sadly for whatever reason he has decided to leave and I for one will miss his posts, I have a feeling the trigger may have finally been the Brexit/ political thread and some recent mud slinging that was on going a few months ago.

We never did see or hear of his last stealth wireless build he was going to start work on.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Did he post on the Brexit thread?
He probably did at the beginning but later on I believe his views were that it was trying indoctrinate readers with the views held and shouldn't be the main topic of a e -bike forum.
Although it is in the charging post, in truth if peeps want to do politics then join a political based forum and leave the main forum as intended for e bikes.