I am so sad......

Status
Not open for further replies.

wd0021089

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 21, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne
Let us not forget that this is the second time that Scarrabri has been on the receiving end of some highly offensive, vindictive, personal and unpleasant comments from eddio, with the first one a month or so ago eye watering in its vicious reference to Scarrabari's personal life. Fortunately, someone explained after that first totally out of order comment how to put any particular poster on an ignore list and this I did, but as this comment will inevitably attract further highly abusive and personal comments, I also am going. It is particularly sad for me because I have learnt a lot on this site, made a decision, and was going to review but I saw this post of Lynda and now that I know that Scarrabari (who I particularly admired for his big hearted and funny postings) has left because of these personal attacks I feel quite sick.
What I would like to know is why the administators didn't get involved I have seen members banned for less.

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
There is no need for any member to post in a derisory fashion and put down other members opinions, possessions or beliefs, and I am disappointed with the manner and tone of some posts recently,particularly in the crank drive thread.

At the end of the day all any of us have are our own opinions, knowledge and experiences, but we all benefit by sharing them if it is done in a positive and constructive fashion

We live in a democracy and our country has fought hard to live in that way. Each of us is entitled to our own opinion and should respect the opinions and choices of others.

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Happy to leave if you want me to.......I alone am biased am I?
You have gone over the top a bit too Ed with your recent acquisitions so, in a sense, you're guilty of the same sort of own-bike promotion which p'd you off in Scarrabri's posts. It's ok; I understand the differences in price, quality and performance between your machinery and the Tonaro bikes but not everyone has pockets deep enough to afford the models you own.

Perhaps a little more tolerance on your part would avoid the situation we have at the moment where, it seems to me, that Mother Theresa and a few others are bullying you in exactly the same way as they suggest you have bullied Scarrabri.

I sincerely hope you don't choose to stop contributing to the forum on account of this little spat as I've enjoyed reading some of the material you have provided. As for the other guy, he can post or not; his choice! It all seems a bit Rita Hayworth to me.

Tillson, I think, addressed the situation of forum disputes rather well and I don't have any problem ignoring the people I imagine to be utter planks and I'm quite sure that others do the same with me, should they feel that way about me. At the end of the day, it's only an internet forum which is handy for information and the opinion of others so stick around Ed. We don't need any more drama queens.

Regards,
Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is flecc really a large overbearing man with a tendency for extreme violence?
I would say no of course, but then I would, wouldn't I? :D

I'm 5' 6" tall or short, depending on your viewpoint, I weigh a bit under 70 kilos (11 stones), except when I'm carrying shopping. I'm 75 years old and have never punched anyone in my life.

To my great embarrassment at one point last year, a 46 year old friend of 30 years duration described me to someone as the nicest, kindest person he had ever known, adding "All he ever does is help people".

Unlike many 75 year olds, I'm not lonely, having numerous friends who for the most part contact me regularly rather than the other way round. The most delicate decision I have to make is who to go to at Christmas out of the invitations I receive, often partially resolved by choosing differently for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

As for a command of the English language, I had an Italian father and my mother was a working class East Ender working in the rag trade whose language scope was very restricted. Hating school, I managed to get myself expelled as I reached just 14 years old, so I'm almost entirely self taught.

I had a very hard early life that if detailed could bring tears to many eyes, but I struggled through it and survived. That formed the basis for my lifelong desire to help others less fortunate in any way whatsoever, but it also produced my not standing for anyone confrontational and aggressive.

I'm always ready to help others, but I'm not going to waste my time on those who want to make things worse. This is not an easy world to live in, and those who wish to make it more unpleasant while wanting to get all the benefits get short shrift from me.

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Well you lot have offended me so I am off....

On my little EBrompton home tonight :p

PS The only ebike worth getting is my one because it is the best!

Seriously, I have learnt so much from this forum and I hope shared some stuff back. The forum does seemed to have changed a little with new members posting more and older members not so much, except for flecc of course lol.

Its a lot like real life. People, friends, good times, bad times all come and go. During my life I have taken offense, no doubt given it but mostly learnt more by asking myself why am I offended ?

I often think I seem to have learned more from those who challenge or offend me, than by those that are always polite and agree with me.

Its a cliche but life is a journey and as time goes on I have learnt more and more to enjoy the moment. Some of my best moments in the last two years have been had riding a silly little foldable bike with an electric motor on the front of it. This is something ten years ago, that I would never have thought could bring me so much pleasure.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The forum does seemed to have changed a little with new members posting more and older members not so much, except for flecc of course lol.
Even I'm not an exception Jerry! At my overall past posting rate of about 11 posts a day, I might have been expected to post 286 times this August to date. In fact I've posted 156 times, excluding this one. That's a 45% reduction.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Even I'm not an exception Jerry! At my overall past posting rate of about 11 posts a day, I might have been expected to post 286 times this August to date. In fact I've posted 156 times, excluding this one. That's a 45% reduction.
Even you are allowed a holiday.....

C

Cyclezee

:)
I wonder what we are all like, "in the flesh" so to speak.

Is flecc really a large overbearing man with a tendency for extreme violence?

Is it true that eddieo once stripped naked, smothered himself in honey and rolled down a hill to the gasps and shrieks of astonished on-lookers?

Is funkylynn a siren luring unsuspecting Pedelec-ers to their ultimate doom?

Do I spend my days in a dimly lit room painting empty Cornflakes boxes khaki and then stacking them neatly in various rooms around the house. Only pausing to peep through the curtains if I hear a lady in high heals walking past.

We don't know the answer to any of these question, or any questions about other forum members, so how can we insult each other on a personal level?
OK, I confess, I have the body of Adonis and cycle naked covered in honey, just ask Lynda if you don't believe me:)

Alright, I lied about the honey:eek:

As for you Tillson, I don't quite know how you manage to paint or type for that matter wearing that straight jacket? Ah, of course, you have trained another apendage to perform those tasks:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
You have gone over the top a bit too Ed with your recent acquisitions so, in a sense, you're guilty of the same sort of own-bike promotion which p'd you off in Scarrabri's posts. It's ok; I understand the differences in price, quality and performance between your machinery and the Tonaro bikes but not everyone has pockets deep enough to afford the models you own.

Perhaps a little more tolerance on your part would avoid the situation we have at the moment where, it seems to me, that Mother Theresa and a few others are bullying you in exactly the same way as they suggest you have bullied Scarrabri.

I sincerely hope you don't choose to stop contributing to the forum on account of this little spat as I've enjoyed reading some of the material you have provided. As for the other guy, he can post or not; his choice! It all seems a bit Rita Hayworth to me.

Tillson, I think, addressed the situation of forum disputes rather well and I don't have any problem ignoring the people I imagine to be utter planks and I'm quite sure that others do the same with me, should they feel that way about me. At the end of the day, it's only an internet forum which is handy for information and the opinion of others so stick around Ed. We don't need any more drama queens.

Regards,
Indalo
Well I just looked at your profile page and you dont have any friends on here either!

Seriously though, thanks for the above. Have just had a very emotional PM from Brian, and to be honest I just cant understand were the vitriol comes from, I am very perplexed.....Rita Hayward wouldn't get a word in!

I will see how this develops, but it is becoming very clear there are a fair few members who carry grudges on here with a convenient grasp of the facts. There are a good few long term members that seem to "get it" and enjoy a bit of cut and trust and banter... and if you dont like a contributer you dont have to read his contribution...Or do you?

i have apologised to Brian and apart from leaving myself I dont know what else I can do. but I really enjoy e biking and will be sad to leave. so come on Brian I promise not one more word about the Spacerider or else I'm going to have to go get some German lessons:(

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
i am sad

I am so sad to hear tonight that one, maybe more, members of this forum have felt the need to leave through bullying and aggressiveness from certain other members.

Please guys, can we try to show a bit more respect to everyone and think twice before posting something that could be perceived as hurtful to someone else ?

I know how easy it is to get carried away and we are all passionate about our hobby, but....think first and re read before pressing the send button please.
We are all different, some a lot more outgoing than others, some more easily upset than others,.....and we must all take some responsibility for making sure we dont upset someone even maybe unwittingly....... me ?.....I'm not easily intimidated myself and can usually hold my own in mixed company.....but other people ARE easily intimidated.......
Oh, I dont know, its late, I'm upset about it I admit, I feel like being a lot more forceful about what I really want to say.....but, for now, I will leave it at that, and hope it might make someone who might want to, think twice before being so aggressive and antagonistic

Lynda
Perhaps we should return to primal language ,,,Silence

Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray.

Hey didn't i read somewhere something about casting the first stone ....?

Peace

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Perhaps we should return to primal language ,,,Silence
Astonishingly, that doesn't necessarily work!

The only time I ever seriously greatly upset anyone face to face was through being silent. In that case it was a long term friend who for complex reasons had a very strong rant at me, lasting some minutes.

Because it was entirely unfair, I chose not to respond when he subsided, leaving a few seconds of awkward silence. I then glanced at my watch and said, "Times getting on, I'll make a move", and then left.

The fact that I hadn't argued back clearly infuriated him, for he chose to 'phone over a month later to try to provoke a response, again with no success. So he's hated me ever since!

So it doesn't only take two to make an argument, one can do it too!

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Like your ex long term friend Flecc, that would annoy the hell out of me too.

I must remember it so I can use the technique myself when required lmao

Regards

Jerry

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
I Feel i should reply to this , as you seem to make it all sound very light hearted Eddie.
as bullies often do ,

I Came to this forum ,because i had dreams and stories to share ,with all who wanted to listen and indeed share there own thoughts ,nothing new in that Eddie is there ?no ,and nothing you could say to me personaly is going to hurt me ,because they are my dreams ,and when i go on the next forum ,Eddie ,im going to share my dreams ,and hope to God i dont come across any one like you .

You no perfectly well what happend ,you for your own reason did a demolition job of the Tonaro ,thats fine ,My reply was i nearly wet myself reading that garbage you had wrote ,and it was ,
and then the onslaught began did it not ? yes it did ,and now heres where we get to some of the truth
You could have had your nasty onslaught on me untill the cows come home ,as rightly said you did a short while ago ,
but where i really begin to feel sick ,is when people on this forum had wrote in ,and did not actualy agree with some of the things you said ,you resorted to calling them names ,why ?your bone to pick was with me ,not the folk putting comments , you know there were folk writing about how agresive
this forum had became ,how they did not want to post ,,so you can laught Eddie ,you can make light hearted of this ,infact you can verbally attack me any time you feel like bulling some one ,it really doesnt matter ,i have a dream as many do and it wont be broken by a bully like you ,my very best wishes to you all Brian .

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Brian I for one would be sad to see you leave this forum. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Do not let negativity of others push you away from here. There are, I am sure plenty of others like me who would be sad to see you leave.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
I Feel i should reply to this , as you seem to make it all sound very light hearted Eddie.
as bullies often do ,

I Came to this forum ,because i had dreams and stories to share ,with all who wanted to listen and indeed share there own thoughts ,nothing new in that Eddie is there ?no ,and nothing you could say to me personaly is going to hurt me ,because they are my dreams ,and when i go on the next forum ,Eddie ,im going to share my dreams ,and hope to God i dont come across any one like you .

You no perfectly well what happend ,you for your own reason did a demolition job of the Tonaro ,thats fine ,My reply was i nearly wet myself reading that garbage you had wrote ,and it was ,
and then the onslaught began did it not ? yes it did ,and now heres where we get to some of the truth
You could have had your nasty onslaught on me untill the cows come home ,as rightly said you did a short while ago ,
but where i really begin to feel sick ,is when people on this forum had wrote in ,and did not actualy agree with some of the things you said ,you resorted to calling them names ,why ?your bone to pick was with me ,not the folk putting comments , you know there were folk writing about how agresive
this forum had became ,how they did not want to post ,,so you can laught Eddie ,you can make light hearted of this ,infact you can verbally attack me any time you feel like bulling some one ,it really doesnt matter ,i have a dream as many do and it wont be broken by a bully like you ,my very best wishes to you all Brian .
Well said Brian and 100% correct. I taught for over 37 years and I came across many a bully - both pupils and teachers. Some posters on here should hang their heads in shame - and if they can't do that then at least read the T&C.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Well said Brian and 100% correct. I taught for over 37 years and I came across many a bully - both pupils and teachers. Some posters on here should hang their heads in shame - and if they can't do that then at least read the T&C.
That's sheer sanctimony Mister!

Indalo

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Brian I for one would be sad to see you leave this forum. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Do not let negativity of others push you away from here. There are, I am sure plenty of others like me who would be sad to see you leave.
of course there are! ... I dont want anyone to leave. A forum is like the world. There are all sorts in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.