News: New Forest Electric Bike Rally

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
It was all part of a bigger 'sustainability' event. Well attended, must have been a few thousand there. Felt a bit like a festival!

Frank
I think it was one of the best events we've been to for atmosphere, size and last but not least.... weather.

The Forte is my new favourite, by the way. Runs me to the shops over Holland Park hill (who put that there?) with tremendous ease.

Not sure either Scott or myself can make it to New Forest event, but we hope to have eZee and 50cycles representation there one way or another.

wisper new milton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2007
Hi Frank, Doug here,

I'm a partner at Wisper. Unfortunately we couldn't make it The Regents Park last Sunday as David was In Germany and Holland with our distributors, (and 2staff) overseeing the delivery of 140 bikes to Hamburg, and 70 bikes to Holland!

I was in New Milton at the weekend where we had an open day with over 700visitors attending. We just didn't have enough available staff to cover everything over that weekend.

As the actual designers of the bikes and importers, we also have them manufactured, our sales have far exceeded our expectations, so unlike many other re-sellers we have to prioritise.

As I write this though, we have now appointed a distributor for London and I'm sure that they will attend next year

The Camden Green Fair is part of London Sustainable Weeks which in turn is linked to World Sustainable Weeks. It is good that the London agencies have now decided to sponsor much of this, and The Mayors office, together with immense efforts from Christopher Harris of Love London (and many others) have been instrumental in making this such a well attended event.

Both David and I have been in discussions with Christopher, and Charles Secrett (formerly the CEO of Friends of the Earth and now the sustainable advisor to The Mayors Office and many other major organisatiopns) over the last year or so, with regard to The Sustainability Show 2007, and another major event they will be organising nearer to Christmas that will encompass alternative energy and alternative transport. I will post more details as and when.

We will of course be at The New Milton rally, and at The fabulous O2 in October with a 12mtr x 12mtr stand within the exhibition.

Regards Doug

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry Guys

Just back from time in Europe with three new Wisper International Partners (WIPs). So couldn't make it to the Camden Green Fair...... bit off more than I could chew!

I hope to see you all at the New Milton Event, where many of our WIPs will visiting.

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Your working life is planned miles in advance Nigel, you already know what's happening 14th July!

I think 50cycles are going to New Milton, and I'm going to try to be there if circumstances permit.
Hi Flecc, don't forget if you need a lift I will be comming past your door.

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Frank
haven't got enough batteries to make it from Grimsby,:D but if powabyke are there can you see if you find any thing about the lithium battery that might make it worth while for me.
as i understand it,twice the life of lead acid at half the weight,well the weight of lead acid is no problem to me with the alloy frame,twice the life of lead acid at three times the price doesn't equate as value for money and i get plenty of range with lead acid:confused:
i may be missing something but cant see what.
mike.
Regarding the battery argument, Lithium / Lead. Our Canadian partner has asked us to look into producing a low cost lead silicone battery that will fit into the 905e's battery compartment. We are pretty sure now we will have one available early next year. This means that 1, customers will have a choice of battery and therefore price (the Lithium Manganese battery and management system on the 905e cost almost the same as the rest of the bike, including the motor!) and 2, Customers can upgrade at a later date if they choose simply by buying a new battery and controller. Lead silicone has improved dramatically over the last year as lead battery producers have seen their pedelec market slipping away.

The biggest problem lead acid battery manufacturers have is, many cities in China have started to ban them. They are doing this because the Chinese users of electric bikes (7,000,000 sold last year alone!) are simply dumping worn out batteries in the nearest bin (or river). As we all know lead acid batteries and the environment do not exactly mix! To avoid this happening with our lead silicone batteries we will be offering the usual £50 or $50 trade in.

Best regards David

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
just been reading about lead silicone batteries found this statement

Functions normally under 6000 meters of the deep sea
ime going to get one, and when the waters rise i will still be able to use my ebike.:D
mike

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

a further update from Doug:

Entry to the bike rally is free.

The general public and spectators also have of course free entry to the cycle exhibition and rally. We are expecting in excess of 1000 people on the day.

Entrance to the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum is £5.

There is also a restaurant/tea room for refreshments throughout the course of the day.

Free car parking for approx 300 cars.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
No Charge

Just a note to let everyone know that as long as people are pre registered before 10th July there will be no charge for joining in the Rally.

Best regards David

slimtim

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2007
Birmingham
specific time booking to ensure a spin?

Would there be a way to reserve a test run? I guess there will be lots of people interested on the day and it would be a shame to have to join a queueueueue that went on and on.

(I have a cunning plan if this is not possible...all will be revealed in due time)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Timed rides.

Hi Tim the show will open at 10.00 and close at at 16.00. I would be delighted if you could let me know when you will be there for your ride.

Best regards David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New Forest Ebike Rally

15th July 2007 at Sammy Millers Motorbike Museum, Road New Milton Hampshire.

Come and join the fun at the first ever New Forest Ebike and Pedelec Rally, in association with Pete Mustill of the Tour de Presteign (the first ever ebike rally in the world) Pedelecs.co.uk, A - B magazine and The Sustainability Show.

The event will start at 10.00 and the Ebike Trial over one hour will commence at 14.00pm with the event closing at 17.00.

All the major ebike retailers have been invited to demonstrate their vehicles and if you ask nicely I am sure they will give you a test ride.

David from the A to B magazine and Scott and Richard from Pedelecs will be on hand to offer impartial advice.

We have arranged discounts for the bike museum for participants and stall holders, and there is a VERY good cafe who will be putting on a superb BBQ.

Stalls are available for £199.00 for a covered 3m x 3m area and all private bike entrants are free if registered prior to 10th July 2007. Registrations on the day will be £5.00 each for (private entries).

And the biggest reason to come of all is that Flecc our beloved Guru has said he may attend!

For more information and to register email miall@aol.com or call Doug Gosling on 07817 450 101.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Last edited:

slimtim

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2007
Birmingham
thank you: hope you enjoy the day

Hi Tim the show will open at 10.00 and close at at 16.00. I would be delighted if you could let me know when you will be there for your ride.

Best regards David

I really appreciate your response. Will consult with misson control (Mrs Slimtim).

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New Forest Rally Update

New Forest Ebike Rally

15th July 2007 at Sammy Millers Motorcycle Museum, Bashley Cross Road, New Milton, Hampshire BH25 5SZ. Sammy Miller Map

Come and join the fun at the first ever New Forest Ebike and Pedelec Rally, in association with Pete Mustill of the Tour de Presteign (the first ever ebike rally in the world!) Pedelecs, A to B magazine and The Sustainability Show.

The event will start at 10.00am and the Ebike Rally over one hour will commence at 2.00pm. There will be a prize for the person who looks as if :) they've had the most fun and the best dressed rider! :D There will not be a prize for putting a super-fit rider on a bike and getting them to ride as fast as they can! :rolleyes:

Many ebike retailers will be on hand to demonstrate their vehicles and if you ask nicely I am sure they will give you a test ride. (We are still awaiting confirmation from 50 Cycles but we hope they can make it, and PowerCycle don't have the staff that weekend unfortunately).

David from the A to B magazine and Scott and Richard from Pedelecs will be on hand to offer impartial advice.

We have arranged discounts for the entry to the motorcycle museum for participants and stall holders, and there is a VERY good restaurant and tea rooms who will be putting on a superb BBQ.

Stalls are available for £199.00 for a covered 3m x 3m area and all private bike entrants are free if registered prior to 10th July 2007. Registrations on the day will be £5.00 each for private entrants.

Entries from bike retailers or manufacturers are free when they pay for a stand, otherwise the entry fee is £199.00

For more information and to register email miall@aol.com or call Doug Gosling on 07817 450 101.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Best regards David

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
If I come, I'd need to get the train to New Milton, then it looks to be another couple of miles. Anybody know of local buses or taxis from the station? Or if I take along my (unpowered) Brompton, will I find a solid bike rack at the museum to lock it to?

Mary