Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
Andrew Hi.
Any news on the weight of the battery?
Thank you.
Regards
Vectra
Hi Vectra, sorry wasn't around on pedelecs recently, just still too busy with the kit as we still have loads of work to do i.e user guides, website, presentations, videos etc etc.

re your question the battery is around 2.7kg and you can remove it in 5 seconds, it's that easy. Motor is 3kg, battery holding units + cables + display around 700g

all the best

Andrew

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi Vectra, sorry wasn't around on pedelecs recently, just still too busy with the kit as we still have loads of work to do i.e user guides, website, presentations, videos etc etc.

re your question the battery is around 2.7kg and you can remove it in 5 seconds, it's that easy. Motor is 3kg, battery holding units + cables + display around 700g

all the best

Andrew

Andrew. Thank you. Just one more question. I understand that the battery can be also be fitted onto the seat down tube. Can it be fitted to a rear rack and if so would the cabling need to be extended?

Thank you.
Regards
Vectra

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
Hi Vectra,

The battery can go on the rack too. The wiring is made long enough to locate the battery elsewhere on the bike. We did longer cables because some frames (15''-16'') may not take the battery on the main triangle tube therefore it might need to go on the rack.

best regards

Andrew

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I cant see the point of buying the Oxygen kit with the intention of mounting the battery on a rear rack. May as well save a load of dosh and buy a BMS Battery set up or similar....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Agreed, but I'd make sure I used the right bike to get the good looks advantage of this kit. Like the photos at the start of the thread, I'd make sure the paint job matched and the frame accepted the battery. Very eye catching then.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
I cant see the point of buying the Oxygen kit with the intention of mounting the battery on a rear rack. May as well save a load of dosh and buy a BMS Battery set up or similar....
Hi.
"BMS battery set up?"

I like the kit for a number of reasons however the main reasons are:

1. My wife already has a stepthrough bike which she would like to keep and the Oxygen kit would probably only fit on the rear rack.
2. The weight of the complete conversion is fine as this still allows the bike to be carried on the roof of our car via a Thule carrier (max weight 20kg).
3. The price is right particularly compared to Bionx and Daahub ( has anyone seen a DaaHub in the flesh?).
4. I really don't fancy spending some £1600 to £1900 on a complete bike in what appears to be a rapidly changing situation e.g battery Ah, new drives.

I still need to know what a BMS system is though!

Regards
vectra

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Bmsbattery.com

---------------------------------
Posted using Tapatalk :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
yes I have seen a Daahub in the flesh as I have one.....do a "search" and some threads will pop up.

Seeing as you intend to mount on rear rack the Ezee kit (presently on sale) would be the best option IMO, established, powerful and decent support......

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
At some point I agree with you NRG but only if you are looking for any cheap conversion kit, then you have a plenty of options. With regs to the BMS battery there are few question marks left?

- Support? = DIY ;) if something goes wrong
- Delivery time - you wait for few weeks till you get your order
- Functionality - I bet bms kit hasn't got as many functions as OXYDrive
- Quality of made kit - we spent loads of time getting everything perfectly matched from the gold plated waterproof connectors to stylish LCD panel and controller
- Safety - our kit has been tested in the SGS labs under EN15194 and passed all relevant tests.

Again for some I believe the above isn't that important but for someone who's after decent product I believe all above matters.

Choice as always belongs to the consumer

All the best

Andrew

Last edited:

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
yes I have seen a Daahub in the flesh as I have one.....do a "search" and some threads will pop up.

Seeing as you intend to mount on rear rack the Ezee kit (presently on sale) would be the best option IMO, established, powerful and decent support......
Hi.
Ah yes. I recall that you had acquired one some months ago. Is it readily available as I understood that there some ongoing supply or technical issues?
Regards
Vectra

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi.
Ah yes. I recall that you had acquired one some months ago. Is it readily available as I understood that there some ongoing supply or technical issues?
Regards
Vectra
I have had one since the spring and it is for now my only bike until I get a replacemnt for last Bosch powered bike. Yes I have had trouble with the controller, but that has ben sorted now and it did not stop me using or enjoying the bike. There was a thread the other week probably worth looking at if interestead. Its a great kit but wasted on you I would think if you only want to place battery on rear rack. The DaaHub battery can be placed on the seat downtube facing backwards, some pictures on wisper site.

not sure when properly available best ask David of wisper on here.....PM?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Eddie

We are currently testing the final prototype DaaHub and hope to have them on the market later this year. Our problem was containing the power so it would not spin the front wheel, or prompt the controller to cut power to the motor, regognising all that power as a fault. We put a soft start circuit into the controller to resolve this problem only to find we now lacked the "umph" we wanted from the kit. These issues have now been sorted out as soon as we are 100% satisfied with reliability we will launch.

All the best

David

Last edited:

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks Eddie

We are currently testing the final prototype DaaHub and hope to have them on the market later this year.

All the best

David
Hi. If ever a product was mismarketed it has to be this one. "Later this year"! So that's now approx 15 months late. Hardly a confidence builder and particularly at the launch price. Another one to avoid I think.

Regards
Vectra

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi. If ever a product was mismarketed it has to be this one. "Later this year"! So that's now approx 15 months late. Hardly a confidence builder and particularly at the launch price. Another one to avoid I think.

Regards
Vectra
True, many companies market their new products much quicker and better and let the customers suffer the faults while they design them out.

I'd rather have the marketing delay and subsequent reliability.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I absolutely agree Vectra. We have certainly not done well in building confidence, however we would rather lose face now than to make a product available which in our opinion needs to be improved. What I can guaranty however is that when DaaHub is eventually available it will be free of bugs and an even better product than we had first envisaged!

All the best

David :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

Regards
Vectra
A bit strong and uncalled for......I can assure you its a great kit, anyone welcome to try mine. Also not the only announced kit for 2011 that is running late, Cytronex, Brompton and Oxygen etc... spring to mind!

All the above are not large companies, all probably juggling within this economic crisis, plus the added complication of having your manufacturing on the other side of the world....Even Bosch are having problems coping, as they totally underestimated the demand for their system.

Last edited:

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
A bit strong and uncalled for......I can assure you its a great kit, anyone welcome to try mine. Also not the only announced kit for 2011 that is running late, Cytronex, Brompton and Oxygen etc... spring to mind!
Hi.
Uncalled for? The manner in which this kit has been brought to market is questionable. It's called "warming the market" and has the effect of misleading both potential end users and other suppliers.

Let me see? If you call a plumber and he arrives 18 months later do you forgive him because his van was off the road? For any supplier to potentially deliver a product this late (and don't forget the quote is "later this year") i.e 2012, illustrates poor planning and product management.

I hope that the kit does eventually launch as a 100 per cent finished product but how could any potential customer have any faith in this yet to be completed product?

Regards
vectra

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Tony and Eddie for your support, I am certain that Mr Vectra would not encourage us or anyone else to sell to the public a product that may still have some gremlins lurking!

All the best

David

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
It is strange that these kits have taken so long to come to the market and seem to be very expensive.

I guess its development costs because they have to really be made plug and play otherwise the losses with returns would be huge.

Not sure the eBrompton is late as I recall from the emails they plan a limited release early 2012 with a subsequent main release and upgrade option in 2013. Of it may be delayed if not delivered this year.

Regards

Jerry