petition to increase the speed limit

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Call me an optimist but I'll take the National Grid over Wikipedia anytime lol
we think demand would only increase by around 10 per cent.

if 60 million ppl in the uk put the tumble dryer on all at the same time there will be power cuts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

if 60 million ppl in the uk put the tumble dryer on all at the same time there will be power cuts.
But they never will, will they.

The rate of growth of green power has astonished everyone and will continue to do so.

But the thing you are leaving out is that all the e-cars will be supplying the grid too, as they already do in Denmark. E-cars are part of the supply plans for the future in many countries, including ours.

It's simple, most cars are only used a small fraction of their life, standing around for hours.

As in Denmark they charge during the night off peak when there's plenty of current. Then during the day at peak demand times those out of use supply the grid. Owners pay cheap night rates to charge but get higher day rates for what they give back. The difference is a deducted from their electricity bill leaving them quids in. In the UK we will eventually have an e-car supply capacity equal to an 800 mW nuclear power station.

The Chademo charge connector on the Leafs Swizz and I own are two way systems, as are many other connectors.

Reactions: Swizz

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14

Lol, Flecc, the thread can now add Laundry to the list of tangents!

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I assume at some stage if not already in the planning large powerwalls will also pop up all over the place to store excess green energy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and Swizz

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Oh dear, why can't people just accept the regs as they are and follow practically a world wide set of laws as to there control.
The goal posts are set out why try to keep moving them ?
Don't spoil our dreams! I'm depressed now, I was convinced that the aliens would land and appoint me as dictator, just like I'm going to win the lottery on Saturday.

Reactions: flecc and Swizz

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
to replace 70% of uk power stations in 15 years with renewable is not going to happen as there is no power with no sun or wind.

it is renewable but it is not green so much for solar panels and wind turbines in th uk nukes it is.

now if you put a 500kw power wall in every uk home with solar panels and a 25kw turbine to charge it and your car i can see that as then you could use the cars batt to also run your home as a 2nd power wall if needed.

so why pay for electric in the first place they just make it so expensive most dont bother and i am told buy the council i can not have a power wall installed even tho i have 3kw of solar on the roof.

ring up you power suppler and get them to rip out you power meter as you now have you own green power station and have no need of it anymore.

its all about the money if you found a way to make a car run on water they would just kill you sad but true.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

so the model 3 will cost me £184 for 3000 miles using a 350kw super charger.

if i drove that round a race track going flat out it will cost more than using petrol and take longer to charge.;)

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14

... i drove that round a race track going flat out it will cost more than using petrol and take longer to charge.;)
Soundwave m8 you have some extreme scenarios! :D

• Agree

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't spoil our dreams! I'm depressed now, I was convinced that the aliens would land and appoint me as dictator, just like I'm going to win the lottery on Saturday.
:eek: Beg my pardon vfr for peeing on your hopes.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Soundwave m8 you have some extreme scenarios! :D
you cant have speed and range the faster you go the less range you will have.

that it the fastest bike you can buy and can do 200mph.

@that speed the biggest batt you can get with it will be flat in 20 miles and cost you 50k.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
to replace 70% of uk power stations in 15 years with renewable is not going to happen as there is no power with no sun or wind.

it is renewable but it is not green so much for solar panels and wind turbines in th uk nukes it is.

now if you put a 500kw power wall in every uk home with solar panels and a 25kw turbine to charge it and your car i can see that as then you could use the cars batt to also run your home as a 2nd power wall if needed.

so why pay for electric in the first place they just make it so expensive most dont bother and i am told buy the council i can not have a power wall installed even tho i have 3kw of solar on the roof.

ring up you power suppler and get them to rip out you power meter as you now have you own green power station and have no need of it anymore.

its all about the money if you found a way to make a car run on water they would just kill you sad but true.
Just be patient, wait and see. You will be surprised.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I assume at some stage if not already in the planning large powerwalls will also pop up all over the place to store excess green energy.
They are already in the pipeline, as are large multipoint charging stations fully roofed with solar panels and storage powerwalls. One already has planning permission. The naysayers don't begin to know the half of what is going on, they are still living ten years ago where e-cars are concerned, and that is the stone age.

Reactions: Swizz and budsy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes I am in agreeance flecc the seeds are being sown, the 120+ windmills now off the Brighton/Shoreham coast line in the channel and the digging up of the Downs to lay cabling etc inland to supply the energy.
Solar farms also cropping up here and there.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
They are already in the pipeline, as are large multipoint charging stations fully roofed with solar panels and storage powerwalls. One already has planning permission. The naysayers don't begin to know the half of what is going on, they are still living ten years ago where e-cars are concerned, and that is the stone age.

350kw per charger now add up the solar panels @500w each= no sun and ur fooked anyway.

Reactions: budsy and flecc

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Actually Scotland is more so further forward regards " energy " than any other part
of the UK . And with this and Oil and so many Whisky distilleries and fishing rights

Its no wonder that the Scots are homing in on Independance
and cant blame them with the way we are all going in rest of UK
as what a mess we in England are becoming with an inept leader
and out of EU its no wonder we are in a mess ..

• Agree
Reactions: Swizz and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Every little helps made Tesco rich!

Just wait and see.
and that is why cars will have ai so you cant brake any law or speed limit in the future anyway and buy then i doubt anyone will own a car as whats the point like in west world season 2 ;)

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
and that is why cars will have ai so you cant brake any law or speed limit in the future anyway and buy then i doubt anyone will own a car as whats the point like in west world season 2 ;)
But what is about to hit all us e bikers in England is road Tax
and so in a way ill be a happy chappie , to stay with my non ebike
mind u im as fit as a fiddle fortunately ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
But what is about to hit all us e bikers in England is road Tax
and so in a way ill be a happy chappie , to stay with my non ebike
mind u im as fit as a fiddle fortunately ;)
my bike is not road legal i have been riding round for the last 5 years braking the speed limit smoking war heads and drinking cider rolling round the area.

the police wont even chase me :(

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
If you do win on Saturday vfr can I be your bestest friend xxxx ?