Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

D

Deleted member 25121

"--driving for a walk in the countryside is considered unnecessary when you can go for a walk from your home. "

The contradiction, is that in many locations in densely populated areas, is that it is "necessary" to help saves lives, if recreation needs to be taken.

The point I made, is the stance is not logically considered, just a doctrine.
Yes, it's certainly a grey area isn't it. As I said earlier, I don't make these guidelines that's down to our medical experts and government.

I suppose the guidelines will become strict law if the virus situation deteriorates and/or the guidelines are widely flouted.

Many people on here dislike the guidelines because of the way them impact them and are taking it out on the piano player by getting very abusive. I laugh at them and refuse to reply to them. They know who they are. :D :D :D

Stay safe, stay at home, save lives.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I've stayed in and around the house for a week, but I'm socially isolated 365 days a year in the middle of the Highlands so I'm going out tomorrow...."one exercise" a day as far as the new guidelines go...2 batteries/5 hours should do it...luckily that can be done without being seen- as it usually always is, only crossing a couple of singletrack roads or never meeting anyone if I avoid the townies dog walking areas. Just no phone turned on or Strava, and no risky descents or gung ho riding etc...

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Anyway I have to go out as one battery was charged fully last Friday and I need it down to 3 bars if I decide not to go out for longer in case the weather is too vile- looks like 2 degrees and northerlies...Mind you the townies dog walking areas are all drive to places in general- and it seems Forestry Land Scotland have shut the gates on many of these places access roads(according to my neighbour who works for them)

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
If this quote is actually taken from the official advice, rather than a local police take on it, "--driving for a walk in the countryside is considered unnecessary when you can go for a walk from your home. ", then somebody has missed the pertinent word "when".

For those in that dense conurbation there is not the safe option of "when you can go for a walk from your home".

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• 4,760 claimants died between the DWP referring their case to, and it returning from, an assessment provider.
  • 73,800 claimants died within 6 months of registering their claim.
  • 17,070 claimants died after registering but prior to the DWP making a decision on their claim.
the dwp is kicking cv ass in killing ppl :p

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
For those in that dense conurbation there is not the safe option of "when you can go for a walk from your home".
Good point. I'm afraid it's Catch22 though.
  • You mustn't get in the car to go for a walk, because you can go for a walk from your home.
  • You mustn't go for a walk from your home because then you can't keep safe distance.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: ebiker99 and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
didn't someone run 8 hundreds and some laps around his house?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good point. I'm afraid it's Catch22 though.
  • You mustn't get in the car to go for a walk, because you can go for a walk from your home.
  • You mustn't go for a walk from your home because then you can't keep safe distance.
Simple answer, the priorities are very clear.

The adequate separation is absolutely vital.

Avoiding driving a car isn't in any way vital at all, so long as your priority is always keeping the safe distance when out of it.

If your reason for driving the car is that you can't keep the separation near your home, the good intentions are proven.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you may have misinterpreted what they (the BEF) say.
Their animals need to be exercised, so riding is inevitable.
the reason given is to try not to add to the burden of the emergency service. I think we all know that.
No need to repeat.

Reactions: Amoto65

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
  • Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: ebiker99 and Woosh
D

Deleted member 25121

Ireland seem to have learnt in advance from the free-for-all that happened in the UK and restricted brief physical exercise to within 2km of your own home.

No barrack-room lawyering with that...
And a very sensible policy, we need to remove all these grey areas that people are only too happy to exploit

• Disagree
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and Amoto65

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we discussed these points already.
You try to tell people old enough to be your parents how to keep themselves safe.
I said it to you before, us oldies are 25-50 times more at risk of dying of COVID19 than your generation.
We discussed CORVID19 on the brexit thread since January with more than 1,000 posts. There isn't much new material that we don't know about.
Remember, nobody puts you in charge. A little modesty and respect for the oldies goes a long way.