Thoughts on BEBA

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
I think every brand would be silly to leave customers screwd up with a problem. These days the power of the internet and consmers centric communications has such a strong influence on the brands that many of them is even scared to face us customers online. What's in the David's case he certainly looks after his business and his customers which is big plus for him. However what I truly don't like about him is that he puts himself in a better light against the rest of the industry which I think its not really fair. Promote yourself but do it ethically.

thanks

Alex
Self promotion ethically or otherwise on this forum is nothing new-does anybody really doubt Davids integrity/passion ? It's very simple -if you join you have a say- but you will then be accountable to your customers.Btw there are plenty of internet pirates who take great delight[both past and present] in screwing their customers-even some ebike retailers. If you want constructive input for BEBA -------associate yourself with them.

Last edited:

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
I think that for all the talk, the proof will be in the pudding. BEBA now exists, and only time and experience will tell if it's a worthwhile exercise. All organisations have their petty politics, this is just an artifact of human nature, being a rather selfish, territorial species. So maybe we should be a little more forgiving of the perceived flaws in individuals' natures, 'glass houses' and all that :D .

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I have refrained from joining in so far, mainly because the answers to all of the objections seem to have been comprehensively made.

I too am amazed and depressed by some of these reactions and I too wish BEBA the very best for the future. This is exactly, precisely and clearly what has been needed for some time. I salute all founding members and, once again, am delighted that David is prepared to put the effort in to this important venture.

David, if I can do anything to help let me know. If I can make the BEBA meeting I will certainly do so - I just need a date before I can be sure.
Thanks Django, much appreciated.

We are planning to hold the open meeting during the week after Presteign you would be most welcome.

Thanks to all of you who have supported BEBA in this thread. We all have been most encouraged by the abundance of support in open Forum, by phone and PM.

Thanks also to the guys who have asked the pertinent questions and played devils advocate, without you I could not have clarified BEBA's position.

All the best

David

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
I ride my bikes a lot around North Norfolk and youv`e all seen my videos and how outgoing I am and get stopped and asked where they can try one in Norfolk. I have no answer to that I`m afraid.This is what is pointing a lot of people to the internet and if you are buying your first bike it`s hobsons choice.

If I were a bit younger I would have hung onto my 2,000 sq ft workshop/warehouse and maybe set up a decent centre where several makes could be viewed. That`s what I see as a major thing that needs sorting" more dealers scattered around*
This is exactly the case in Suffolk. although ETS sell e-bikes in Cambridge they go for the higher end of the market and are only open 3 days a week - plus as we both must have learned originally coming from London, East Anglia is a very large place in comparison and Cambridge is many miles away from Norwich or Ipswich, hardly a "local shop"..

BEBA is needed to encourage more local dealers if there is to be any hope of expanding the ebike market in this region, and e-bikes IMO could be as popular here as across the North Sea if correctly marketed!