Trade versus Non Trade Membership?

C

Cyclezee

I am seriously wondering why I am paying, albeit a nominal amount, to be an official trade member?

On a daily basis I see threads with posts by Non Trade members that are little more than covert advertising by someone who has an "association" with a specific company.

I am hoping that Admin will convince me that it is worth my while to be a trade member.

Maybe I should revert to being a non trade member, use my original ID of Aldby, pay nothing and simply have the tagline something like "While this is a personal user account, the Aldby account has an association with Cyclezee"?

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
It does have its advantages of allowing product releases in the electric bicycle forum and promoting product in the introduction forum;)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
John, are you talking about my posts?
if you do, which posts are covert advertising?

• :D
Reactions: Cyclezee and oldtom
C

Cyclezee

Woosh support the forum by paying £29/month John.
I haven't mentioned Woosh Helen?

(Admin note: There is only one admin note with the specific wording you put in your opening post.)

Last edited by a moderator:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
john, if you want that thread removed, just say so.
I have no objection. To me, it's just a bit of technical info.
Is there anything else you want removed too?

C

Cyclezee

john, if you want that thread removed, just say so.
Is there anything else you want removed too?
I'm not asking for the removal of any threads, all I am asking for is honesty when it comes to membership status.

I think I have made my point clearly and unambiguously.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I'm not asking for the removal of any threads, all I am asking for is honesty about when it comes to membership status.

I think I have made my point clearly and unambiguously.
so you don't want me to start any thread in the future about a new woosh bike because of my association?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
It would devalue the site for everyone if all posts could not be accepted as honest.
Honesty starts with a signature.
Anything else is an attempt to dupe, and allowing that devalues the site.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Bob, why do you have to express yourself in such a convoluted way? if you want to imply that I attempt to dupe anyone, just say so positively and stand by your view.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
It's just my view in general, aimed at Helen, actually.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
point taken about no welcome and propriety graphics.
However, the source permissions are implied in the GPL or common youtube/google models though. If the source is indexed by google, deep linking (http://wooshbikes.co.uk/2016/santana2/santana2-2000.jpg) rather than downloaded and uploaded is permissible though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26187730

The information on the web page can be cited for educational use.

"The way we communicate online is predicated on sharing material, whether that's links to Robert Peston on Bank of England interest rates, decisions of the European court or pictures of otters who look like Benedict Cumberbatch,"
the recommended bike (santana2) fulfils all the requirements set out by the OP, height, frame style, motor power, battery range and has the smallest deviation from the budget (£79).

Last edited: