Trade versus Non Trade Membership?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Certain traders here should hang their heads in shame, what a petty vindictive thread!

What you`re really miffed about in this instance is that you haven`t got a product that matches up to the OP`s presentation both on price and quality, Maybe you see it as a threat and you`re afraid your tills won`t go kerrrchinnng as much!

There`s nothing to ail all of you in presenting on here your alternative to this product ................. providing you have one at that price point of course.

Some of you haven`t a clue how to run a business - badmouthing the oppositions mode of presentation don`t do any of you any favours.

Please stop acting like children in the schoolyard.
Who were you aiming that comment at?
I didn't see any badmouthing of product from any trader?
Most experienced traders know that criticism of a competitors product only suggests vulnerability in your own product.
KudosDave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What you`re really miffed about in this instance is that you haven`t got a product that matches up to the OP`s presentation both on price and quality,
I can't understand your post? The OP isn't Trex, the OP, Cyclezee, was the first to question his status. And the OP does have some e-bikes in the Woosh price ranges that easily match the quality. Indeed they often get recommended as an alternative.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I
if replies to questions are subsequently needed in the same thread, for example, would it fly up Winnats? would it be OK that the replies are from the non commercial account?
Only if the bike has actually flown up Winnats :) I'm happy to test any bike up there.

I would also like to add that I've seen loads of bike recommendations from yourself with no mention of Woosh at all.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I would also like to add that I've seen loads of bike recommendations from yourself with no mention of Woosh at all.
True, I did check this. The forum Search facility only allows a maximum of 500 returns, and Trex mentioned Woosh 499 times from 23rd January 2015 to the point of my current check.

During that same time period he made the following mentions of main rival brands with similarly priced products:

Kudos = 44

Ezee = 41

Juicybike = 3

Last edited:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
True, I did check this. The forum Search facility only allows a maxium of 500 returns, and Trex mentioned Woosh 499 times from 23rd January 2015 to the point of my current check.

During that same time period he made the following mentions of main rival brands with similarly priced products:

Kudos = 44

Ezee = 41

Juicybike = 3
And I know trex recommended oxygen as well.
Yes there is some bias but nothing I see as wrong just I know this would be a good option for you.

It is a hard market for all the traders here I don't see anyone driving rollers.
Business have gone bust. But I and I think many of us want a healthy market. With lots of good value choices.

Ps what is the best cheap competitor to the big bear now?
Is there a better bike at that price with support?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ps what is the best cheap competitor to the big bear now?
Is there a better bike at that price with support?
To compare it has to have a powerful motor like the BPM, and the only option is the Ezee Sprint Primo, the Ezee motor equal in power.

Prices: Big Bear £899, Sprint Primo £895.

The latter has less gears but top quality tyres, so there's swings and roundabouts on the specs.

Kudos has one model which with similar equipment and the BPM motor is at £1130.

• Dislike
Reactions: flash

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
What we need is more testers for the kudos bikes to balance the recommendations
I don't seem to recall there having ever been any?

I mean reviews by non Kudos owning forum members, not owners.

Admin note for clarity: While this is a personal user account, the EddiePJ account has an association with real ale. If writing more rubbish than usual, he is posting under the influence of the real ale account.

Last edited:

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon

By testers, I mean reviews by forum members, not owners.

Admin note for clarity: While this is a personal user account, the EddiePJ account has an association with real ale. If writing more rubbish than usual, he is posting under the influence of the real ale account.
Happy to volunteer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont

By testers, I mean reviews by forum members, not owners.

I've got 2 Kudos bikes. I've put up many posts about them including a review of each. I also posted about my hill climb challenge between the 2 Kudos bikes and a Woosh Santana.

For an abridged version: I've done 35 mph on the flat with the Typhoon, I've done 45 miles on one battery on the Tourer and on the hill climb challenge, the Typhoon was the quickest up the hill with the Tourer and the Santana being about equal.

I've been quieter this year due to completely renovating a house whilst living in it. I'd much prefer to be out playing.

Last edited:

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
I think you traders are a very touchy lot. After reading this thread I think you should all be restricted to a traders only forum. Trex is a decent person just trying to be helpful. His knowledge base is with Woosh bikes. So perhaps his posts will be biased towards them. When we have read his posts it is made clear to us that he is connected to Woosh. I am an owner of a Woosh Krieger. It is my fourth ebike. The first one was a kit, the next two were Powabykes, a shopper and a x6 both were OK but because I live in a hilly area I wanted a crank drive. So I spent a lot of time researching and trying various crank drives. Most were more than I wanted to pay,( some were the price of a small family car :() so I bit the bullet and bought the Kreiger. Much less expensive than the other crank drives I had looked at. It has been fantastic never missed a beat, steep hills, trailer towing, knackered over weight rider, it has coped with all. 3600 miles going strong. So I suggest to you traders it is not the fact that Trex is connected to Woosh that makes you so animated. It is that you cannot or do not want to compete with value for money that Woosh give us. You would be more comfortable with a nice cosy cartel.

I am not connected to Woosh or Trex in any way apart from the fact that I own a Krieger

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
I am not sure what is annoying people about Trex, is it because it doesn't say Trade Account or that he isn't paying for a Trade Account.

I have always thought his disclaimer made it clear what was his allegiance,
You would of thought so even to newbies on here as I think Flash has summed up the real reasons for this thread.:)

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
I suspect trex has grasped the meaning of my post, but you have not.

Either way, feel free to post what you like, but don't expect me to support your attempts to order the forum and its members to your liking.

Believe it or not, Pedelecs rolled along quite happily before you landed, and yes, it did the same before I joined.

Equally, it will probably do the same long after we've both gone.
Here here!!

EddieH

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2015
I am not sure what is annoying people about Trex, is it because it doesn't say Trade Account or that he isn't paying for a Trade Account.

I have always thought his disclaimer made it clear what was his allegiance,
Well said.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
I can see why D8veh has decided to leave this forum. Someone is trying to share some knowledges using some brands as example. Doing that seems putting off some traders which make everyone unhappy. To be honest, they could step in to the thread and show their products that match the same/similar specs.

Just saying. I have no connection for any bike brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Offensive Language
  • Agree
Reactions: JuicyBike and flash