vintage electric bicycle.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
With the fork braces I feel more confident applying the front brake.Bicycle forks have a curve in them so they act like a leaf spring.I converted to disc brakes by welding a bracket to the fork leg.so when you brake it is applying a opposite force to the fork leg.With the braces I just have more confidence.If the forks do snap they may give me warning now.I love the xiongda motor.And my batteries where £34 each,I use 2.I went on a 75 mile trip using 6 and still had power left.I lot of this trip was in level 1 assist.

felix

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2008
Really interesting write up and a beautiful bike Craiggor. Great effort.
What a bargain these batteries were, I re-batteried my Cytronex trek using 3 of these and got carried away and electrified my old Hawk Trackatak with another 3 plus a 2 speed Xiongda kit from Panda.

I've got 6 fast chargers now! :)

Reactions: craiggor

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Really interesting write up and a beautiful bike Craiggor. Great effort.
What a bargain these batteries were, I re-batteried my Cytronex trek using 3 of these and got carried away and electrified my old Hawk Trackatak with another 3 plus a 2 speed Xiongda kit from Panda.

I've got 6 fast chargers now! :)
Hehe , People where supposed to buy one battery and a lawn mover,a hedge trimmer and strimmer.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I'd rather be out on a bike than be gardening. :D
If I have any problems with the batteries in the first 2 years.I could take them back and say i had only used them to trim my neighbours bush a few times.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Hi Craiggor,

Brilliant, the work of a true craftsman;)
Thanks.Brilliant yes.Work of a true craftsman a will have to disagre.I was show how to cut, bend,file metal in 1st year school.Not learned much since that.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Modesty a sure sign of a craftsman, excellent looking homebuild.

Reactions: craiggor

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Has a little of the old board racer style about it, I would have your vintage looking bike any day over the smart e.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Has a little of the old board racer style about it, I would have your vintage looking bike any day over the smart e.
Yea I was going for that look,but more the British flat tankers.When you say smart e do you mean the one made by the smart car people?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes.
I surprised Chris C. hasn't quipped about you bike as I think its style is up his street.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Yes.
I surprised Chris C. hasn't quipped about you bike as I think its style is up his street.
Just had to have a look at those.Battery in the right place.But mine with its battery high up feels great to ride.Had the battery on the rack at first,That was not good with all the weight at the back.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
And I nearly left it in grey primer and bought cream fat franks.But cream fat franks in this weather