Yosepower hub kits.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
C5 settings 1 and 2 do absolutely nothing.
That would suggest you are using the new C5 settings. C5=6 should give you around 18 amps.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PC2017 and Nealh

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
That's right. there are no scales on the chart because it's a clip out of a very long one.
Cool - As long as I was on the right track, thanks, this is interesting to see a ride in real time graphs like yours, is there any way you could link the graph via drop box or as a downloadable file then I could see the whole graph, if not no worries - I have seen graphs like these before, on various ebike sites over the years, but not paid much attention to them - I think I have a clearer understanding now and by the looks of it Joeyp1 was not on Version 3 of the KTLCD3 so his settings are 0.5amp increments and not unit divisible as the latest manual describes.

EDIT maybe not, I agree Joeyp1 could be on V3

On 3 and above it works as expected
As long as it works for you now, it is good to know that limiting the amp draw actually work, nearly cancelled my new spare 22amp controller I just ordered, a sneaky xmas prezzy to MYSELF, don't tell the BH

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
is there any way you could link the graph via drop box or as a downloadable file then I could see the whole graph, if not no worries -
For the last few days, I've been looking for the laptop that it's all on. I need the Santroll software off it for another forum member. I don't know how I could lose it in my house, but I have. When I find it, I can show you everything.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Post removed wong thread.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
, I've been looking for the laptop
I know that scenario, I've been looking for some JST connectors, I don't want to buy any more as I know I have some but hellas if I can remember where I put em!

Joeyp1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 21, 2019
That would suggest you are using the new C5 settings. C5=6 should give you around 18 amps.
I must be on the new one, that makes way more sense. Thank you

Reactions: PC2017

GarryBlack

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 7, 2019
I just converted mine for the first time. I had a long wrestling match with my crank arm for about 2 hours but it eventually came off. Made silly mistakes and **** myself every time something didn't work as expected :rolleyes: In any way, here it is:

This was right before my first ride, fixed the rear brake before riding. Didn't bother with the thumb throttle as I'll be using PAS in 1 or 2 majority of the time. Didn't bother with the break sensors either.

This was my first time riding/converting an electric bike and all I can say is WOW! what a rush!

I ordered a torque arm and will be installing that once it arrives. Cable management is unheard of! ordered a hard case for the controller, once that arrives I'll take on the task of cable management. All in all, it went pretty well for the first time.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
I just converted mine for the first time. I had a long wrestling match with my crank arm for about 2 hours but it eventually came off. Made silly mistakes and **** myself every time something didn't work as expected :rolleyes: In any way, here it is:
View attachment 33453

This was right before my first ride, fixed the rear brake before riding. Didn't bother with the thumb throttle as I'll be using PAS in 1 or 2 majority of the time. Didn't bother with the break sensors either.

This was my first time riding/converting an electric bike and all I can say is WOW! what a rush!

I ordered a torque arm and will be installing that once it arrives. Cable management is unheard of! ordered a hard case for the controller, once that arrives I'll take on the task of cable management. All in all, it went pretty well for the first time.
That looks good, still waiting for bits of my battery build to arrive for my conversion, cannot wait, so what are your reviews ??

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
A quick update on my most recent Aliexpress purchases totalling $54(ish) paid to "Aliexpress London" in GBP at £40.77 - I was just going over my statements and noticed that amount increased to £40.99 and I was charged £1.22(2.95% currency conversion) by the bank and again no option for Paypal - its not a great deal of money but last time there was no bank charge so just a heads up anyone new to aliexpress just in case always budget that few extra quid for extra costs.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
View attachment 33453

looks good, that's the 350w yosepower kit ? Like the that the battery is low down, and I bet it'll be pretty racey with those low bars, narrow tyres and no springy forks to slow you down/
Nice job, enjoy

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Is the KT lcd3 the same as any other displays eg c961 etc as I am a bit confused? Can anyone suggest a website for well priced kt controllers and LCD in Europe or with reasonable shipping costs?

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
I think I may have an S-06S controller and an lcd3 available, if you are interested.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
well priced kt controllers and LCD
Alixpress is the best bet, but some sellers have been know to file the customs declaration for $20.00USD and if they do you could face a bill for VAT and royal mails admin charge(£8.00+VAT on the item), that said my recent purchase was $28.00 and the customs form had $7.00 on it so it cleared UK customs, free p&p arrived in 2 weeks. ($28.00 on my bank card was about £22.00+3% currency charge)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is the KT lcd3 the same as any other displays eg c961 etc as I am a bit confused? Can anyone suggest a website for well priced kt controllers and LCD in Europe or with reasonable shipping costs?
Generally China sellers are the best to go to.
Topbikekit have the best and most comprehensive choice of KT compatible electronics for bikes.
BMSBattery sell KT stuff, they designate KT controllers as S series.
Also available from Greenbikekit who designate the KT controllers as CONxx.
Other sites on Aliexpress but you have to check that the correct M/F connector is used.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Topbikekit is my usual go to place however after I added a controller to cart the shipping cost went from $6.00 to $18.00 hence the reason I strayed to aliexpress in total I saved about £9.00 - the 1t4 cable[brake sensor 2 pin red ends female] and the KT-D12L PAS all have been tested a work as expected, it'll be next week until I get to test the controller but it was well packaged and seems in good order.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Anything I buy from China is VAT and duty free if the price is under 100€. The other solution is to buy from a company that has an EU warehouse like PSWpower, VAT is included (theoretically) in the price.

Note that Bafang is setting up a factory in Poland so in the near future Bafang products will be VAT inclusive on the EU market and of course duty free.

Reactions: tunznath

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Duty- free in the EU. In 4 weeks, the UK will be out of the EU. I am assuming things will stay the same for a while, until the UK gts a grip on hat it wants to do with import duty from EU.