Yosepower hub kits.

malindowsky

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2020
Hi Everybody

Thank you for the reply, it seems my best option to start out is the 36v yose kit. I will start with that. Thank you.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
36v yose kit
I haven't looked for a while but the 350w 48v kit did come with the integrated controller if you purchased the battery kit and it does look good on bike I think theres a picy of one somewhere on this thread and a part from being at "48v" setup there's not much difference between the 36v and 48v, if anything I think the controller may have a few more amps. Either kit is a good starting point for anyone new to ebike conversions

Edit - checking out the website not ebay the only battery kits they have are 36v with integrated controller, hailong case battery.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
20mph+ continually is possible with the added advantage of assist level being above the cut off, ideally a 48v system will be better as would an S -pedelecs. Keeping a high speed above the 15.5mph cut off will be tiring so you will need to de-restrict.
328rpm will be the way to go but you will be slow on any steeper inclines, any 260/280 rpm 36v run at 48v will be the same as having a 328rpm hub. 36v run at 48v will increase the rpm by 33%.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is there fix for Info 03 code?
03 is motor hall error, either a bad connection/broken hall wire, bent pin inside a Julet connector or a failed hall.

A broken sense wire can be checked for in the motor feed cable, remove it and with a meter set to continuation/buzzer mode place a probe on each end of the 6 smaller pins. Work you way around each pin in the direction, every buzz indicates a sound /good connection.
Carefully check the motor cable where it exits the hub, is there any abraded/damaged cable where the inner wires can be seen.

To test a hall you will need to open the controller and test direct off the pcb (you need to be careful testing this way as the controller will be live as the battery needs to be on ), set dial to 20v and connect Red probe to 5v line and then in turn Black probe to the four thin hall colours Blue, Green, Yellow and White.
With each hall wire test rotate the wheel backwards slowly and you should see the voltage switch between 0v - 5v etc ,etc as you rotate the wheel (if you turn it too quickly you will get 2.5v an average), any that don't switch means a failed hall. An extra pair of hands may be required.
A failed hall means opening the hub to replace the hall or re-solder any broken hall connection.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Make sure all the julet connectors are pushed in, arrow to arrow and to the line were possible, hopefully you just haven't connected them well enough, some can be a bit tricky to fully connect.

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Hi Olleman, you're problem is most likely ice forming in the freewheel causing the pawls to stick.
Or that the grease in there is getting hard. I have the problem at higher than freezing now so it's getting worse. no help from those atm either because of the virus.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Finally got the kit on the bike, after waiting a long time for the bits to build the battery, and also replacement crankset as the supplied tool stripped the thread in the crankarm, park tool crank puller ordered and to the rescue and did great work of removing the remaining good thread arm, spent a few hours angle grinding the damaged crank arm off carefully so as not to damage square taper bottom bracket, - put the battery in today and wow what a big grin,it works- currently charging the 2 x 5S batteries I built and tomorrow it gets its big test , couldnt wait for the framebag I ordered for my wifes bike(this build) so used my DIY one , Its a bit big for my wifes bike,but works, I wonder Does the yose kit come preset for throttle only use, I tried throttle from stand still and nothing happened, does it only work once the PAS kicks in??, thanks for all whocontributed to this thread, it all helped, so now I am off to search throttle and PAS to solve my questions unless someone jumps in to help

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle is configured in the P settings, it can be set for stand alone twist and go or pedal first. I expect default is set to the latter.

Reactions: tunznath

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Throttle is configured in the P settings, it can be set for stand alone twist and go or pedal first. I expect default is set to the latter.
THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLIES
Yes just gone for a test and it is configured pedal first, will try that out andsee if I like it

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Heres a pic
Bang up job - looks sweet as - am looking at spraying my silver motor with anti corrosion stuff in the spring/summer after a few washes I noticed a little silver stuff peel off:mad:

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Bang up job - looks sweet as - am looking at spraying my silver motor with anti corrosion stuff in the spring/summer after a few washes I noticed a little silver stuff peel off:mad:
Sorry to hear that are you going to use any specific product, I was hoping to get a black hub but none were in stock

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
black hub
I believe the black hub is the newer version, my YOSE 250w is in black and it has a much better finish and overall look to it, I also think the black hub is only supplied with the battery(full) kit.

Yer its not looking to good the silver finish is peeling off in more than one spot. I have not done much research as of yet due to the cold weather, I hear its better to paint in the warmth, makes sense really. However I did look at this...
I have no experience of spraying or painting but my dad use to panel spray cars in the old days so I have to check a few details with him, but since the silver is peeling off I would assume it will need removing before I spray it and hopefully I can bodge job it while its in the wheel. I will endeavour to film it, if not for educational purposes but for a laugh at my inexperience!

Last edited:

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
How much have you all been using your yosepower kits? I'm very close to 5000 km or 3100 miles. I've had a faulty controller and now a slipping freehub (which I hope yosepower till replace). I think it's a bit early to be getting problems after only one year of use. I'm wondering if bafang hubmotors are better in terms of durabillity?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
How much have you all been using your yosepower kits? I'm very close to 5000 km or 3100 miles. I've had a faulty controller and now a slipping freehub (which I hope yosepower till replace). I think it's a bit early to be getting problems after only one year of use. I'm wondering if bafang hubmotors are better in terms of durabillity?
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the Yose hub is their own branded make, I think it might be a customer Bafang model.

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
terms of durabillity
I can only speak from little experience - the only down side to quality brands based and made in china is brand copying and this is rife throughout China and in most cases you'll find people saying they last and are most durable and others will disagree, as with most things, I purchased a Dillenger brand China made motor and that lasted 2 years at best but others are still going strong and report a well built product I can not agree. However I have consider this quandary myself for a 350w front hub and found lots of 8fun/bafang sellers on Aliexp and would most likely try out one if a sum of money came my way... My friend rides an Oxygen emate old design battery with a Bafang or 8fun I can not remember what was stamped on it and a part from several wheel rebuilds it has covered well over 8000 miles over 3-4 years, summer use, hardly ever wet, not overly well maintained and store under covered.

I remember watching this...

Youtube BrunoPoweeer

Last edited: