E-Bike Of The Year 2009?

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Highest mileage - most effort

Nick

I do considerable mileage but I have your linked battery setup and three batteries so can cycle the whole 30 miles on full power!

The ebikers who have to balance distance and available battery get my vote!

Conal

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
My kit bike vote goes to a certain Bionx PL 350 powered Carrera Vulcan:cool:

J:) hn
Hi John, may I ask how you rate the Carrera, I'm looking to do a similar thing but with a different kit than Bionx...reply via PM if you want to, don't want to hijack the thread.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Tony, now you're embarrassing me. I haven't even got to 1000 posts yet.
Quality, not quantity it's fair to say Nick. I may have posted nearly 13,000 times but much has been banter and trifles interspersed, sometimes merely to sustain forum life rather than anything else. :rolleyes:

Moreover, my total e-bike mileage isn't that great. What about the people who are commuting serious distances, like Frank9755, Conal and others?
I had seriously considered them when posting that, but publicity counts, and it's your exploits this year that have probably brought the most attention, certainly in the UK arena. It's the way of the world that the many steady regular achievers don't get recognition, unless put forward for an MBE or the like.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi John, may I ask how you rate the Carrera, I'm looking to do a similar thing but with a different kit than Bionx...reply via PM if you want to, don't want to hijack the thread.
Please keep it public! Start a new thread if necessary. Very interested in anything to do with BionX. Did not realise we has users on here.......

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
surely the Wisper 906xc has to be a contender.

don't know how to attach the very large original pic file, which allows you to zoom in on all the gorgeous carbon fibre detail etc.....

Last edited:

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
ah what a decision;

if money was less of an issue i would have Cannondale Synapse for my long good Werther trips when im feeling full of beans, and the wonder full 906xc for my bad weather need to get the job done, take the back route to the train station.

but money is an issue and for this reason
best bike for me is:
wisper works 905 se city

it's been doing both the jobs above very well at almost half the cost of of each of my dream bikes

well done all e bike manufactures it looks like this year has been a bit of a public perspiration change for e bikes if there was e bike index for me to invest in that's where id put my spare change next year.

as a non driver(i cant quite get the hang of it) this year has been the best year i have ever had for personal transport thanks to e-bikes

C

Cyclezee

Not anymore Bob we will have aout Alpino 28" bikes in February/March

All the best

David
Voting is for bikes currently available David, not future models.
However, it does however look like the Alpino could be a contender for 2010 and you did manage to give it a little bit extra promotion;)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Tart!

OK, OK John, I admit to be a bit of a tart when it comes to promoting my bikes, but I do love them!! :D

Actually the 906xc isn't available either until the Spring............. Oooops done it again! :p

All the best

David

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

OK, OK John, I admit to be a bit of a tart when it comes to promoting my bikes, but I do love them!! :D

Actually the 906xc isn't available either until the Spring............. Oooops done it again! :p

All the best

David
Sorry David, could you repeat that:rolleyes:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

All the best

David
Available December on wisper site...then it was Jan/Feb now the spring April/ May? This is a bit of a set back. Please why is this? is it technical? anything to do with Dapush system?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Available December on wisper site...then it was Jan/Feb now the spring April/ May? This is a bit of a set back. Please why is this? is it technical? anything to do with Dapush system?
Hi Eddie

The bikes are being built now, the delay was getting the frames into the carbon matrix factory as they are busy working on motorcycle racing components for next season.

The 250W Dapush is brilliant and very reliable.

The bikes should be here in January, I was being cautious!

All the best

David

C

Cyclezee

Just a reminder that ther are 2 weeks to go to get your votes in;)

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I'll put in a vote for the Alien Gents Special mkII, a lot of bike for modest outlay that broadens the appeal and affordability of E-Bikes. ;)