Is there a governing body to report a rogue e bike trader/retailer to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
according to Forum rules I cannot and will not name names

This thread is heading just the way I thought it would with people defending the trader, even though I have not mentioned him, and not knowing ANYTHING of the events of the last 2 months, and saying that newbies like myself come on here just to embarrass the trader.
What else can we assume when you post allegations but refuse to give any information. As for assumptions, you made a very large and insulting one by assuming you would be flamed if you identified the trader.

Try being open and honest in the way you post and you are likely to be treated the same way. There are no forum rules preventing open honesty and pretending there are and that they prevent you posting full information is devious to say the least.

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Thanks for all your replies, unfortunately the detectives amongst you know only part of this saga and according to Forum rules I cannot and will not name names

However I would just like to say that Onbike at Worcester do not figure in this thread and are in no way involved.

This thread is heading just the way I thought it would with people defending the trader, even though I have not mentioned him, and not knowing ANYTHING of the events of the last 2 months, and saying that newbies like myself come on here just to embarrass the trader.

Bear in my original question was

"Is there a governing body to report a rouge e bike trader/retailer to"

if not then so be it the mods may as well close this thread.

d8veh I would love to meet up again at a time and place to suit you
Thats your view....

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
is there any chance that the owners of the shiny new e-bike shop in Telford take on other e-bikes from other vendors for servicing?

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
Thanks for all your replies, unfortunately the detectives amongst you know only part of this saga and according to Forum rules I cannot and will not name names

However I would just like to say that Onbike at Worcester do not figure in this thread and are in no way involved.

Bear in my original question was

"Is there a governing body to report a rouge e bike trader/retailer to"

if not then so be it the mods may as well close this thread.

d8veh I would love to meet up again at a time and place to suit you
Thank you for making it clear that OnBike weren't involved....we wouldn't want anyone being mislead.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
In my experience I have found that it's all too easy to get at loggerheads with dealers whatever they are selling. A misunderstood comment or action can soon fester and become much more than it actually is! the proverbial mountain in fact. In most cases all it needs is for someone to be the bigger person and apologise for the misunderstanding and offer to start afresh with an open mind regarding the others point of view.
In this case I have no axe to grind but I think asking about a governing body when one could find out easily online is just a smokescreen for what comes next.
My advice would be to go back and say something like.. look we got off on the wrong foot here can we forget all this and start again?
With regards to a receipt I am in a similar position as I do not have one and due to purchase circumstances I can't get one..
Please just re look at the facts of your argument with an open mind.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
T
Hi

I cannot report here as it concerns the integrity of a trader who sells and posts on this site, His integrity has been questioned before in previous posts and because he is well respected by nearly everyone on this forum the OP who posted has always ended up being "flamed"

This person has a "Dark side" which has not been seen on this forum as he comes across as "Mr Nice Guy" so the only hope I have was either dealing with him direct result,,,,,,,, no chance,,,,,,,,,, or reporting his antics to a governing body.

I bought the bike and he is not prepared to honour the warranty despite the fact that it is new, and will not supply me with a bill of sale so that I can insure the bike.

Its a lot more involved than that but as I don't want to get "flamed" that's about it[
I think we have had dealings with the same person the way you are describing him. I purchased a Bike back in May this year my problem is still ongoing so I would not expect a speedy conclusion It just goes to show you cannot trust the reviews of these dealers to be truthful and genuine. Good Luck

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
I think we have had dealings with the same person the way you are describing him. I purchased a bike back in may this year and my problem is still ongoing so I would not expect a speedy conclusion I just goes to show you cannot trust Reviews to be truthful and honest. Good Luck

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think we have had dealings with the same person the way you are describing him. I purchased a bike back in may this year and my problem is still ongoing so I would not expect a speedy conclusion I just goes to show you cannot trust Reviews to be truthful and honest. Good Luck
The only way we can balance such reviews if they cannot be trusted is for you and pgchimp to state who the trader is.

If you don't do that, the imbalance of information remains.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Dave for sending me the link. It seems obvious it's me or Amps that the PG Chimp isn't happy with. I have PMd him to ask if I can assist.

Briefly...

A few weeks ago I was contacted directly by Alan (PGChimp) he seemed to think there was a problem with a bike supplied to him by On Bike. Rather than take the bike back to Worcester, Dave, (D8veh) very kindly offered to meet Alan in a local car park and checked out the bike to see if there was anything wrong. As far as Dave was concerned he could find nothing wrong with it.

Alan was still unhappy, but rather than involve On Bike because we knew some of the history and Alan didn't want to go back to Worcester, we collected the bike (free of charge) so we could inspect it here.

The bike did not arrive although we know it was collected by Tuffnells. As we wanted to look after this customer and felt for him as he used the bike on his daily commute we sent him a brand new bike immediately we found out the bike collected had been lost.

This second bike also was "lost" by Tuffnells!!!

Now two bikes out of pocket, we sent a third bike. However because of all the problems PGChimp had experienced with our courier, we upgraded the bike to a 575Wh model, again free of charge.

I was then contacted Alan's wife who asked for a bill of sale for the bike with the 575Wh battery, this was because Alan wanted to re-insure the bike with the £200 upgrade. I explained that as we had not supplied the bike in the first place we could not supply a bill of sale and as we had not charged for the upgrade I could not send an invoice for it.

I have to agree, that I may have a dark side, and I can get annoyed, especially when after in my opinion going well beyond the support offered by most to be attacked in an email and being told that I and people in my office have lied about the bikes being lost. I have a copy of that email and the emails between Tuffnells and I regarding the lost bikes if anyone is interested. I also have a letter of apology from Alan!

I have also offered a rack adaptor again free of charge as Alan was having difficulties fitting panniers, unfortunately we will not get them in stock until later this week. Maybe this is the problem?

I really don't know what else to do!

I have not been contacted by Alan except for PM asking for the rack adaptor and another saying maybe I could offer a solution to another problem that Alan has mentioned in another three emails, (not as yet received).

All I can say is that if you still have problems Alan, email me at dmiall@me.com I will see what I can do...

I should say that the first bike collected by Tuffnells has now arrived back in our warehouse! The other bike is still missing.

David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Geome, are you referring to me?

Can I be of assistance?

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
It seems that way Tony, I understand from Alan that On Bike were the original supplier. However we took over the case to try and resolve the problem quickly. I was also interested in getting the bike back to the workshop to see if there was a problem, the Torque bikes are pretty reliable.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We are seeing here the down side to posting openly on any Forum. All suppliers leave themselves in the firing line by a few that spoil it for everyone else, driving many manufacturers and suppliers away. Many friends in the Ebike trade think I'm crazy becoming involved!

I still believe the pros outweigh the cons and TBH I enjoy the banter and learn an awful lot so will continue, but it's not surprising that many are wary because of troll like activity.

Fortunately the majority here seem to see through the antics.

We sell thousands of electric bikes every year and of course some deliveries and sometimes bikes do go wrong, however we always put them right.

All the best, David

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
As this tale clearly shows.. there are two sides to most problems.
Which reminds me of this thread and the comments left.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/major-problems-with-bosch-performance-system.23375/

Quite some time back and purley by chance, I found out more about this case, and what the OP neglected to state was that the bike was in a terrible state of maintenance, had been crashed, and that he had put a self tapping screw through the console, which made contact within.

People should be more careful before jumping in without first knowing the facts.

edit... As for having a dark side, would we really be human if we didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.