What are you really getting ?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I, and I might guess some others suggested to Mr.Ching recently that he might wish to start posting again to keep us all informed about new developments at Ezee.
He was somewhat reluctant to do so because of the 'bashing' and negativity he has suffered in the past, but I am glad to see he has made the effort and attempted to clarify some misunderstandings as well as give us a hint of the latest Ezee which is due to be launched soon.

As for Wisper, I am surprised they have not posted for a while, it is only speculation, but maybe volcanic ash could be playing a part in that?

J:) hn
He now seems to be Wisper bashing Aldby I think maybe he gets what he deserves!

Sorry about the radio silence but as Flecc says I had a week off it was supposed to be in Syria but due to the cloud I had to settle for a few days in Cliveden House and then on to Stratford upon Avon for a bit of culture. I visited Kenilworth, Warwick castle and Blenheim Palace, what a wonderful country we live in!!

I then went onto China to the exhibition and meet my friends at Active, who have agreed to put nearly €750,000 worth of stock into production to help us achieve another year of 300% growth.

Whilst there we agreed the extra few £ to upgrade from Alivio to Deor, quite frankly you can't tell the difference but the name looks good. We also met two British design companies one of whom has developed the fantastic new lithium sulphur batteries due to be in our bikes in 2012 and the other who has developed an amazing new electric motor with integral gears (800% range) and such efficiency that it makes even our Japanese Dapu motors look inferior!

It is a shame as it looks as if they will need to be made in China, but hopefully, as the Chinese continue to suffer massive labour shortages driving labour costs up to respectable levels, we will find a way to keep this British design and technology safe here in the UK.

All the best

David

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
if you're upgrading from Alvio to Deore does that mean all new 905SE's will be 8/9 speed, and have cassette hubs rather than freewheel blocks?

it would probably be better for all of us globally if at least some production could one day come back to the UK, if the West's demand has outstripped China's abundant supply of workers even with an economic decline thats clearly not sustainable in the long term!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
if you're upgrading from Alvio to Deore does that mean all new 905SE's will be 8/9 speed, and have cassette hubs rather than freewheel blocks?

it would probably be better for all of us globally if at least some production could one day come back to the UK, if the West's demand has outstripped China's abundant supply of workers even with an economic decline thats clearly not sustainable in the long term!
If this happens, I would really like an extra gear on my 905 City......Will it be possible to retrofit the 8 or 9 speed?

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
[QUOTE=Wisper Bikes; Whilst there we agreed the extra few £ to upgrade from Alivio to Deor, quite frankly you can't tell the difference but the name looks good. :)

Not wanting to take sides but I have to agree with this comment. My Marin mtb uses Alivio, my Scott Sportster Deore and my Pro Connect S, top of the range XT. They all work fine, are equally easy to use and have never let me down.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Not wanting to take sides but I have to agree with this comment. My Marin mtb uses Alivio, my Scott Sportster Deore and my Pro Connect S, top of the range XT. They all work fine, are equally easy to use and have never let me down.
I agree with you Kenny 100% it's very clever marketing by Shimano. Like our PC mudguards, they are not the most expensive but they never shatter or crack and are VERY light weight, all we had to do was change the stays to stainless steel and they are brilliant, sure we could pay more but why?

All the best

David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Rear hub motors mostly use 12 mm spindles which can't have cassettes, they use freewheels, so this could restrict the number of sprockets.

No problem with the front motor Wisper **6 series of course, so is the Deore upgrade just for those David?

Rab C Nesbitt

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2008
I would also agree with Kenny re the Alivio/Deore hoohah - I've had both and to be honest I've never had a problem with either.

One other comment I would make - sometimes people get a bit anal about the exact cost of parts a manufacturer uses in his bike (some have posted on here) - they calculate it all up and then harrumph because they think they are being taken to the cleaners because there is a margin built in.
These folk are commonly known as "people who know the price of everything but the value of nothing " - if you're pushing your e-bike home in the rain because the battery's fecked up it's really hard to be upbeat because you've got a Shimano Deore derailleur or whatever . . . no, you're hacked off because the bike's not doing what you bought it for.

I posted earlier in this thread and Flecc noted that it was time in the saddle that counted - absolutely right - so here's what I suggest we do.

Chief Ezee guy - come on here as much as you want and tell us what new modifications / additions you've got to the Ezee range . . don't come on slating a competitor . . it reeks of desperation and lacks class and anyone with a sales background will tell you it's the road to ruin. (eg Slagging of a competitor only to find that 6 months later you're working for them because of take-overs , mergers etc)

If you just promote your own bike (which is what I think the guy David from Wisper does) it will do away with the sniping that invariably results in these tit for tat exchanges.
Unfortunately there will always be the dicks that have got an axe to grind with one particular manufacturer or bike so they will always tell us how crap an item is but just ignore them . . .

In fact just type "DICK ALERT" and we'll know what you mean . .

I'm all for constructive criticism tempered with a bit of common sense and decency because we know all bikes have their strengths and weaknesses.
I'm finished now, so I'm taking my soapbox into the house - you should all be safe for a while . . . . .

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
If this happens, I would really like an extra gear on my 905 City......Will it be possible to retrofit the 8 or 9 speed?
No you can not Eddie unless you move the motor to the front wheel and use the standard hub with cassette on the rear. tehn you can have 8, 9 or even 10 speed. The hub motors only have a freewheels that are avilable up to 7 speeds.

In that way what david is doing he is saving a lot of money on production as teh freewheels are a lot cheaper than the decent hub + casette. If fact I don't knock him off for that because honestly the 8 gears on the electric bike is rubbish, useless thing and the 6 speeds seems to be absolutely fine if you have a throttle bike.

I would say go and save money where it is rational, don't save where it is essential not to save:cool: just like brakes.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
BTW David, why is that so many people is on the fighting route with Wisper Bikesk, I just don't get it?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
No you can not Eddie unless you move the motor to the front wheel and use the standard hub with cassette on the rear. tehn you can have 8, 9 or even 10 speed. The hub motors only have a freewheels that are avilable up to 7 speeds.

In that way what david is doing he is saving a lot of money on production as teh freewheels are a lot cheaper than the decent hub + casette. If fact I don't knock him off for that because honestly the 8 gears on the electric bike is rubbish, useless thing and the 6 speeds seems to be absolutely fine if you have a throttle bike.

I would say go and save money where it is rational, don't save where it is essential not to save:cool: just like brakes.
Dunno...never really noticed it with my 905 Sport but with my new 905 City in 7th and full throttle, I feel like I am spinning air and its a little frustrating when you want to add your own power and push on, but you just feel like I said you are peddling air:)

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
so you need to change the crank for bigger one, maybe 56T would do for you. Anyway when you ride on the 7th you are already in the peak RPM of teh motor so you will really need to use your own power becaus ethe motor is not going to help you too much. The the motor will be spinning the air:D

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
and you haven't noticed that cos the City has the smaller chain ring on the crank, probably 48T that is why you are struggling now

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
BTW David, why is that so many people is on the fighting route with Wisper Bikesk, I just don't get it?
Pending David coming in, I'm not sure if you mean supporting Wisper Alex, but if you do, the answer is the support from Wisper and the way they listen to customers.

For years support for e-bikes has been a sore point, either sold by dealers who knew little about them or direct from distant companies. In both cases many import companies gave little or no backup and in some cases also knew nothing about what they were selling.

Wisper saw the problem and did things differently, increasingly selling through dealers and giving them full support. David Miall, the boss, didn't dwell in an ivory tower and when necessary was prepared to travel long distances to meet with both customer and dealer to sort out any problem promptly. And he did just that, not letting go until a problem was sorted to the customer's complete satisfaction. He's been equally active responding in this forum of course.

For dealers and customers used to the apology for a service that existed from many firms, this was and is a revelation, hence the loyalty.

I know you've been critical of some aspects of the bikes, but for many owners having a bike that just works and can be got working again quickly and easily on the very rare occasions it doesn't is most important. They also appreciate the way their input can be seen incorporated into the bikes over time.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Amen to that Tony!:)

Important fact: wisper transferable warranty. enabled me to get wheel rebuilt on seconhand bike for no cost to myself. Other issues with 705 where dealt with effeciently and without drama. the transferable warranty also helps with resale value, hence the decent price wisper bikes achieve which surely speaks volumes.......

Thanks Alex! did not realise they have different cranks...will look into that! would have been nice to meet you at Prestigne:p But something important has come up due to us being delayed home by Volcano...was really looking forward to it, next year def:rolleyes:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I don't know Alex, if you are suggesting it is orchestrated you are absolutely wrong. Maybe they just like the bikes? I do! :)

Best regards

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I would also agree with Kenny re the Alivio/Deore hoohah - I've had both and to be honest I've never had a problem with either.

One other comment I would make - sometimes people get a bit anal about the exact cost of parts a manufacturer uses in his bike (some have posted on here) - they calculate it all up and then harrumph because they think they are being taken to the cleaners because there is a margin built in.
These folk are commonly known as "people who know the price of everything but the value of nothing " - if you're pushing your e-bike home in the rain because the battery's fecked up it's really hard to be upbeat because you've got a Shimano Deore derailleur or whatever . . . no, you're hacked off because the bike's not doing what you bought it for.

I posted earlier in this thread and Flecc noted that it was time in the saddle that counted - absolutely right - so here's what I suggest we do.

Chief Ezee guy - come on here as much as you want and tell us what new modifications / additions you've got to the Ezee range . . don't come on slating a competitor . . it reeks of desperation and lacks class and anyone with a sales background will tell you it's the road to ruin. (eg Slagging of a competitor only to find that 6 months later you're working for them because of take-overs , mergers etc)

If you just promote your own bike (which is what I think the guy David from Wisper does) it will do away with the sniping that invariably results in these tit for tat exchanges.
Unfortunately there will always be the dicks that have got an axe to grind with one particular manufacturer or bike so they will always tell us how crap an item is but just ignore them . . .

In fact just type "DICK ALERT" and we'll know what you mean . .

I'm all for constructive criticism tempered with a bit of common sense and decency because we know all bikes have their strengths and weaknesses.
I'm finished now, so I'm taking my soapbox into the house - you should all be safe for a while . . . . .
Very Wise Rab!

Yes I do unashamedly promote my bikes but try not to knock others. It's really tough keeping standards high and I appreciate anyone with the nuts to give it a good go!

Ezee are good bikes and in On Bike have good back up, I simply hate being unfairly attacked by a competitor.

Peace and Love!! :D

Regards

David

Chief eZee Power

Pedelecer
Feb 8, 2007
Shanghai
What are you really getting

I am not slating nor slagging a competitor, what I am trying to expose these misleading informations or specifications in their brochures.

I suppose you have not even read the table for the components between the eZee and the Wisper here. On the Wisper ONLY the derailleur in ALIVIO, while the rest of the drive train is the low end Shimano Tourney - the sprockets and Shifters - but that is not mentioned, is that trying to fool customers into believing the whole set up is Alivio. That is one point I wanted to clarify.

Then there is also the Bike with the Alfine hub, but just be aware that the the brakes are not in the Alfine series which is hydraulic brakes. I am telling people the finer details.

The Shimano MTB series starts at the bottom to top with Tourney, Altus, Alivio and Deore. You are telling people they are all the same ?

Chief eZee Operator

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
50 Cycles praised eZee bikes until...

David

You state

"ever since 50 cycles kicked them out for selling such awful bikes" about eZee bikes.

I admire both you and Mr Ching and, like other neutrals, I do not like elements of this thread. However I accept the view of those who argue that this is an example of free speech and healthy dialogue... but this comment is simply is not true.

I bought my eZee Forza from 50 cycles after a web search and was please to see that they had a brand of electric bikes that they called the best available. I picked up the bike from Loughborough and they repeated the statement. In fact they were happy to extol its many virtues, much as they did the next range of bikes they sold. I was very happy with their service at the time but was disgusted with their subsequent "public" slating of the brand they had recently held to be the best.

I don't know why 50 Cycles stopped selling eZee bikes but it was not because they were awful.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

I am not slating nor slagging a competitor, what I am trying to expose these misleading informations or specifications in their brochures.

I suppose you have not even read the table for the components between the eZee and the Wisper here. On the Wisper ONLY the derailleur in ALIVIO, while the rest of the drive train is the low end Shimano Tourney - the sprockets and Shifters - but that is not mentioned, is that trying to fool customers into believing the whole set up is Alivio. That is one point I wanted to clarify.

Then there is also the Bike with the Alfine hub, but just be aware that the the brakes are not in the Alfine series which is hydraulic brakes. I am telling people the finer details.

The Shimano MTB series starts at the bottom to top with Tourney, Altus, Alivio and Deore. You are telling people they are all the same ?

Chief eZee Operator
Dear Chief

I have tried to explain to you exactly why we do what we do at Wisper, you obviously don't want to listen. You have lost the market in the UK and I feel sorry for you, however you are now trying harder which as I think is a good thing for the industry.

The point is our bikes are absolutely fine, fit for purpose, of course you can be ultra picky but the truth is Wisper bikes work perfectly in 99% of all cases and if they don't we put them right immediately. Because of this we are able to give a 2 year no quibble transferable on all our bikes something that is VERY rare in the industry. You may also notice the resale value of Wisper bikes are very high something I imagine you must be quite jealous of.

If you really do want me to pull your bikes apart I will do however I have better things to do, we are so busy with orders from all over the world. Far to busy to get into a ridiculous little argument with you in open forum. Quite frankly I am amazed at your petty mindedness, you have a good dealer in On Bike, I suggest that you don't let them down by making silly comments on Pedelecs.

You obviously have a problem with either me or Wisper, so why not call me on 07733226906 and I will see if I can sort you out. If you feel you need to continue to attack me and Wisper here then be my guest I will not be making any further comments regarding your rants.

Best regards

David :)