Dodgy Ebay Listing

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
The bike is up on eBay again! They are useless on stopping doggy listing!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
o_OMaybe he's getting greedy and 25.1 k has wetted his appetite :D

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The bike is up on eBay again! They are useless on stopping doggy listing!
If ebay removed all the dodgy sellers, ebay wouldn't have a business.

There is no effective policing, ebay can make money by hosting people who sell stolen goods, so ebay will continue to do it.

D

Deleted member 4366

Everybody that reads this, please report it to Ebay using the "report item" link on the right hand side of the listing.

I wonder why he hasn't chosen another bike to not sell after he's been blocked on this one twice?

C

Cyclezee

Everybody that reads this, please report it to Ebay using the "report item" link on the right hand side of the listing.
Just done it.;)

Surely this person will realise sooner or later that this attempted scam isn't working and just give up, or will some poor unfortunate really fall for it and get ripped off?

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Reported

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm wondering if he's just stupid and has an electric Brompton to sell that's the same colour and he's too lazy or incompetent to take photos.. His bike cannot be exactly the same because Jerry's one has a unique connection system - unless, of course, the guy copied everything by following Jerry's build threads.

Against this, though, is that he would have enthusiastically answered some of the questions if he built it and is a genuine seller.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I'm wondering if he's just stupid and has an electric Brompton to sell that's the same colour and he's too lazy or incompetent to take photos.. His bike cannot be exactly the same because Jerry's one has a unique connection system - unless, of course, the guy copied everything by following Jerry's build threads.

Against this, though, is that he would have enthusiastically answered some of the questions if he built it and is a genuine seller.
I think he would have protested at our bidding his sale out of the water if he was for real. Note also his phone number has changed. Maybe someone should call the police and see if they'd be interested in running a sting. After all this guy is desperate for attention.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Reported

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Just done it.;)

Surely this person will realise sooner or later that this attempted scam isn't working and just give up, or will some poor unfortunate really fall for it and get ripped off?
Even if one person asks for a buy it now price early,the seller may still offer a seeming bargain and get lucky.give a low start on ebay and you will recieve loads of questions on how much to sell today and silly low offers,if the seller seemingly accepts a low offer several times over,they may mug a few punters.

Reactions: jonathan75

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Nobody does so my local force is as good as any. It seems the correct starting point anyway. When I say "them" I mean whichever force deals with it ultimately.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

I've submitted an online enquiry to Herts police asking them to consider picking this guy up.
The problem is so far this person does not appear to have committed a crime.

The 'seller' has borrowed Jerry's photos, something that happens all the time on the internet and is hardly the crime of the century.

There is a chance, although it seems very unlikely, that the 'seller' may be
genuine.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Yes he has, he has sold a bike just before Christmas for 25k and not been in contact with the buyer. He had definitely committed fraud already!