E-Bike Of The Year 2009?

Pete

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2009
I will support that and put in a vote for the Alien Gents Special, not because it is an outstanding ebike, but because as NRG says the price point is right for attracting more people into the concept. The key thing is that the Alien is a very competent bike and is unlikely to leave anyone feeling e bikes are a waste of time.

Scatty

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2009
I think i would go for the GIANT Twist Freedom is one of the best ive ridden all year well worth paying the extra for. Have not had any problems with it at all. Quality is superb !!

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
my vote is for gocycle as i think it is easily the most inovative product this year and has created a lot of media coverage for ebikes

jim

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
My vote for new bike goes to the Kalkhoff ProConnect S.

The ProConnect S, allegedly bordering on illegally fast, has superb brakes and lights making it one of the safest production bikes ever straight out of the box.:cool: :)

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
My vote goes to the Kalkhoff Tasman - wave frame without crossbar - as being the best bike for families with young children to transport, and older folk who struggle to get their leg over and like to take the weight off their shoulders.

Excellent spec of gears, brakes and general comfort.

Are there any other makes that lay claim to the best "wave frame" of the year ?

Another year of good customer service from 50cycles. I hope the Tasman stays in the range for 2010.

James

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Powabyke Powabyke Powabyke

I'm with Flecc on this. They may be rather cumbersome and not particularly fashionable at the moment but Powabyke Euro is a reliable, dependable workhorse that will outlast many (if not all) of the flashy young upstarts riding along the path that the company originally cleared.
I am supporting Powabyke not only because (for me) they are a local company but also because they represent everything that is great and good about the e-bike industry and will remain a central part of the e-bike story.

But above all of that is the fact that Frank and his colleagues are some of the nicest, customer friendly business people on Earth and their commitment, hard work and business model has laid the foundations for a robust, customer centred and (generally) positive trading environment.

SO THREE CHEERS FOR POWABYKE and THREE CHEERS FOR UK BUSINESSES:) :)

HIP HIP...

BW
musicbooks

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Another year of good customer service from 50cycles. I hope the Tasman stays in the range for 2010.

James
Yes, we'll have the Tasman in 2010, and it will look like this

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I've done thinking and here's my vote:

NEW BIKE .... Cytronex Cannondale Synapse
KIT BIKE .... Tiberius: Tour de Presteigne 2009 Winner (as in getting ready for)

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Having 2 Pro Connects in the family (me and Mrs O) my vote goes to its upgrade/faster Kalkoff Pro Connect S, which she wont let me have - YET!

Mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
my vote goes to its upgrade/faster Kalkoff Pro Connect S, which she wont let me have - YET!

Mike
Never mind Mike, she's doing you a favour. Next year you'll be able to have the 27 gear wide range version which assists to about 26 mph, rather than the about 20 mph of the 8/9 speed S models.:)

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Powabyke: it works and it keeps on working. Spares are available and reasonably priced. It consistently gets you there - and back. It's not perfect, but then neither was the VW Beetle or the Morris Minor!
:)

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Vote for production bike is E-Motion 700 City D/L. Al

crikka

Just Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Hi

The Kalkhoff Proconnect gets my vote. I tried out lots of different brands at an electric bike festival before buying. Both Kalkhoff models were my favourites because of the benefits i found going up hills - I have to tackle a really steep hill to get to work. I found the price scary but have now made up the price in saved petrol. The bike is smooth and is comfortable on roads and (quite rough) bike tracks. The battery lasts for at least 25-30 miles. It looks good and despite being heavy compared to a non-battery bike it is easy to ride on the flat even without the battery. (I even like the covered chains so i don't have to worry about getting my trousers caught or tucking them into socks! ) Have recently sorted a puncture and with the 50 cycles video found it easy enough to remove the wheels, etc even though I'm a complete beginner. Love it!

C

Cyclezee

7 days left to vote!

Thanks for all the votes received so far, more than 3000 views so far, so time for those who haven't already voted to do so........please;)

J:) hn

felix

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2008
I'd like to vote for the Cytronex Claud Butler, as the Trek 7.3 fx version is no longer available.

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
My vote goes to the Wisper 905 SE

I tried a couple of e-bikes before plumping for this and was won over by the bikes build quality, performance and range

Cheers

Jason